screen comes on when cover is opened

Search This thread

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
No way to disable as far as I know. Don't buy a smart cover is my only advice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

spelaben

Aug 11, 2011
Bonn
You can root your tablet and install xposed framework, there is a module called MagnetOff which disables the magentic sensor.

Android.Ninja

Jan 3, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Smart cover ?!?
I have a cheap cover bought in Thailand and it make the screen on or off.
No magnet and no special things. Just a cover

Sent from my SM-P901 using XDA Premium HD app

if your screen is going off it has magnets. it is Controlled by the magnetic sensors

+1 He is absolutely correct. Ity has to have magnets. That is what trips the eletronic magnetic strip under the housing to trigger a poll on the LCD to take action. ;)

Developers don't need no stinkin' signature!
If I've been able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button. ;)

Last edited:

TarHeel01

Apr 30, 2014
Flip Cover Setting

Hi is there anyway to disable this function?

Thanks

Hi hsaltz, Yes there is a setting to turn this function on or off. In settings go to the General Tab, then under Device manager go to Accessory, then under Book Cover you will see this setting / option. I hope this helps.

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
Hi hsaltz, Yes there is a setting to turn this function on or off. In settings go to the General Tab, then under Device manager go to Accessory, then under Book Cover you will see this setting / option. I hope this helps.

That just turns off either daynote or the automatic unlock. Not the wakeup feature.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium HD app

TarHeel01

Apr 30, 2014
Screen comes on when cover is opened

That just turns off either daynote or the automatic unlock. Not the wakeup feature.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium HD app

Hi Duly,

I have the official Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Book Cover. Without the option in question turned on, when I open my book cover, the screen is black, and I have to press the power button to get to the lock screen, then swipe to get to my home screen. When the option in question is turned on, and my book cover is closed, all I have to do to get to the home screen is open my book cover (I do not have to press the power button and swipe) to get to my home screen. I thought that was what the person who wrote the post was asking about. So for me my tablet does wake when the feature / option is turned on and my book cover is opened from a closed position.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
I currently have the auto unlock unchecked and do not use a lock screen. Opening my book cover turns on the screen and toggling that option has no effect. I'm not sure why yours acts like it does. I even tried enabling a swipe to unlock lock screen and all that option does for me is bypass the swipe screen if the cover is used to wake the device vs the power button (which sounds to me like that was the intent of the setting to begin with).

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk