A

AspenTree

[ROM] [Espresso 2.1] Cattui Varietal v2 Final "Fastest Sense Rom for the HeroC"

MOVED TO HERE!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Nate14

Mar 10, 2010
Colorado
Awesome. I'll be testing this build and reply w/ any bugs/problems by editing this post. Looking forward to this a lot.

Edit: Just finished setting up. Its runs really smooth.

Only things I've found so far is during setup I couldn't sign into my Google account. I got an error reporting a connection couldn't be established (or something close to those lines ^_^'>)
Edit 2: I just wiped and reflashed and ROM and my Google Account setup just fine during setup. Maybe just an isolated incident.

However once done w/ setup I went to Accounts & Sync and set it up that way.
Also, the font looks really nice imo except when its small it becomes rather difficult to read. I've also noticed the text in the search box is misaligned. I'll be running this tonight and tomorrow and post anything that I find. Looks awesome.

Last edited:

argonzal

Nov 8, 2010
Hey kifno... is this flashable without partitioning SD card?

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App

theSlack

Aug 29, 2010
Nice looking. It seems like a themed stock sense.
Not complaints... just constructive criticism:
Font is too thin especially when small
No cell signal
haptic feedback comes and goes
needs to come with some kind of file browser
during sdcard mount it keeps returning to htc screen
WOW, forgot how slow 2.1 was. even OC'd to 748(it is smooth once OC'd)
once airplane mode is engaged it gets stuck
statusbar icons backgrounds don't all match statusbar color

Didn't have time to test gps, sorry

I wanted to try this even though I hate Sense. I pissed on yer "I wanna be super dev" thread, and I wanted to show I meant no harm.

Overall, it really seems like a slightly-themed, rooted stock build. But it loaded, no cell, no mobile data, but otherwise seemed to work smooth.

hexskrew

May 25, 2010
xdaforums.com
I had a go at this idea quite some time ago:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=812893

I abandoned it because I didn't know how to unlink everything. What I have learned since then, is instead of just removing any apps that you do not want to include in the rom, try flashing clean to your phone and using adb to uninstall apps (adb uninstall [app]). Afterward make a nandroid, and pull into the rom editor to repack. I never was able to learn many of the app names to uninstall as some of them are different than the .apk name.

Need any help lemme know!

And feel free to download that rom to see what I did and where I went wrong :p

Last edited:
A

AspenTree

I had a go at this idea quite some time ago:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=812893

I abandoned it because I didn't know how to unlink everything. What I have learned since then, is instead of just removing any apps that you do not want to include in the rom, try flashing clean to your phone and using adb to uninstall apps (adb uninstall [app]). Afterward make a nandroid, and pull into the rom editor to repack. I never was able to learn many of the app names to uninstall as some of them are different than the .apk name.

Need any help lemme know!

And feel free to download that rom to see what I did and where I went wrong :p

Screenshots, please.

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Gingerbread-on-Hero action here!

Will do later guys :D I'm in school right now

Released and waiting for feedback for
[Espresso 2.1] Cattui Varietal

wild1z

Nov 13, 2010
Minne"snow" dah!
Also if anyone could help me figure out how to cook a kernal into a rom on windows 7 64 bit that would be awesome as that is my biggest problem i'm facing.

Are you right clicking and running the programs as an administrator? I know you probably know that and I know you are very intelligent but I thought I would ask. ;) It's probably not even related to your cooking but...

hexskrew

May 25, 2010
xdaforums.com
Are you right clicking and running the programs as an administrator? I know you probably know that and I know you are very intelligent but I thought I would ask. ;) It's probably not even related to your cooking but...

On rom cooking in Windows.... meh. I hate to say it but I despise cygwin. It doesn't seem like I can ever get ANYTHING to work properly when using it.

When I cooked my roms, I always used either ubuntu or xubuntu in a virtualbox, or ubuntu natively booting to it. It's actually worth it to do it that way in my opinion, because it's easier to copy files back and fourth, less hassle installing stuff, don't have to worry about being root to cook or do things (besides adb shell sometimes), you have the power of whatever your favorite cli text editor is (nano for me) built right in... It's just a beautiful thing. To top it off, if you have it on a memory card or external hdd and things are a little laggy, you can take it and use it on a bigger powerhouse (I had to do that sometimes when my laptop was really sluggish, I would put it on my desktop for full power).

Oh, but as far as cooking a kernel in, basically extract your kernel, look at the update-script and just place/replace the files as to where it would be if you flashed it. That's what I did.

Last edited:

ASimmons

Retired Recognized Developer
May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
Also if anyone could help me figure out how to cook a kernal into a rom on windows 7 64 bit that would be awesome as that is my biggest problem i'm facing.

Try this.... Dsixda's Rom Kitcen

Or if you want to get crazy you can install Oracle VM virtual box on your windows 7 machine and then install unbuntu on the vm, and then run the rom kitchen on linux (the way its meant to run) or even compile from AOSP source. I like this option since cygwin is kinda hacky and dual boot is a pain in the butt (Wife and Kids arent to receptive to a Linux machine)

ASimmons

Retired Recognized Developer
May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
On rom cooking in Windows.... meh. I hate to say it but I despise cygwin. It doesn't seem like I can ever get ANYTHING to work properly when using it.

When I cooked my roms, I always used either ubuntu or xubuntu in a virtualbox, or ubuntu natively booting to it. It's actually worth it to do it that way in my opinion, because it's easier to copy files back and fourth, less hassle installing stuff, don't have to worry about being root to cook or do things (besides adb shell sometimes), you have the power of whatever your favorite cli text editor is (nano for me) built right in... It's just a beautiful thing. To top it off, if you have it on a memory card or external hdd and things are a little laggy, you can take it and use it on a bigger powerhouse (I had to do that sometimes when my laptop was really sluggish, I would put it on my desktop for full power).

Oh, but as far as cooking a kernel in, basically extract your kernel, look at the update-script and just place/replace the files as to where it would be if you flashed it. That's what I did.

+1 for the truth

A

AspenTree

Only weekend development for my hero work now, grades are dropping :( to much xda for me lol but :( but there will still be weekend development

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
Only weekend development for my hero work now, grades are dropping :( to much xda for me lol but :( but there will still be weekend development

you should probably "develop" your OP to credit the original ROM dev, like a moderator already told you! otherwise you should get infracted/banned, you are currently breaking the most important rule in xda.

A

AspenTree

you should probably "develop" your OP to credit the original ROM dev, like a moderator already told you! otherwise you should get infracted/banned, you are currently breaking the most important rule in xda.

Did that already :p but like I said only weekend development now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Were you able to sync with Facebook? When I press it under Set up Social Networks doesn't do anything.

Thanks

Actually I don't have a Facebook account (gasp indeed! Right?) so I can't say but are you trying to set it up during setup? If so, I'd recommend trying to setup your account (Facebook) after setup. Maybe that will work. Sorry I can't be of anymore help w/ that :/

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
    Ok, these are my observation from a user point of view:

Text in search box isn't well aligned.
    Facebook and Flicker Sense will be nice.
    Original font too thin, I changed it using Font Installer.
    This is based from NFX 2.32.651.2 (newer one) not the .7 software.
    White shadows on top black bar, where the icons are.
    I haven't tested GPS, but I believe that coming from 2.1 there won't be a problem.
    I love the shiny look.

Maybe I don't cover it all. In general it works good.

Kudos kifno.
    Ok, these are my observation from a user point of view:

Text in search box isn't well aligned.
    Facebook and Flicker Sense will be nice.
    Original font too thin, I changed it using Font Installer.
    This is based from NFX 2.32.651.2 not the .7 software (newer one).
    White shadows on top black bar, where the icons are.
    I haven't tested GPS, but I believe that coming from 2.1 there won't be a problem.
    I love the shiny look.

Maybe I don't cover it all. In general it works good.

Kudos kifno.

.7 is not the newest stock ROM.