[ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39 AOSP] Eos 4.0 -- Wingray

Search This thread

dilema

Sep 15, 2008
Radelaide
Dunno if anyone else has this, not a major deal, but gps runs constantly even when turned off in locations. Apart from that it's great for a first one :D

perezj30

Oct 26, 2007
I also am having this issue. See last post in old 3.0 thread.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Hi and thanks for replaying. I tried to find what you suggested with no luck. This is fine. I have run into a number of other issues and I think I will roll back to version 3, until this one stabilizes. I'm definitely thankful for the updates, as I make my Xoom feel newer each time.:good:

gaganpattanayak

Apr 27, 2012
Thanks always and respect

Stingray lte is proving to be a challenge. I've almost got it. When i get LTE going ill move on to everest. We have some VERY talented people coming on deck who want to push Eos to the next level. New features will be coming but let's get xoom stable first.

Thank you. I am waiting for Everest and how to get the Kernel that you are using

Reactions: 7ravler

pchuk815

Sep 22, 2010
New Jersey
The interesting thing here is my backups were on the external sd card they simply disappeared after doing the reflash of nandroid

sent from my HTC vivid using xda premium

Similar thing happened to me. I fixed it by making a new nandroid, connecting the xoom to PC and finding the location of that backup and copy/pasted old backup (the one i wanted to restore) into the same folder as the new nandroid. Rebooted into recovery and TWRP saw both backups.

HTH

NWinfuse

Jul 20, 2011
anyone else notice that when screen is rotated to portrait mode the pages do not resize quite right so that app shortcuts and widgets go off the side of the screen? I have wiped, factory reset, reflashed, gone back to 155 and then reflashed 156 and still have the issue.

I am assuming this is something that hasn't been noticed by many as I assume most tend to use their Xoom in landscape mode as I do the majority of the time.

I would appreciate it if someone else is able to confirm that this issue is not isolated to me though so if you are having the same issue please respond

Hoping to see a fix to this in an upcoming nightly

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
anyone else notice that when screen is rotated to portrait mode the pages do not resize quite right so that app shortcuts and widgets go off the side of the screen? I have wiped, factory reset, reflashed, gone back to 155 and then reflashed 156 and still have the issue.

I am assuming this is something that hasn't been noticed by many as I assume most tend to use their Xoom in landscape mode as I do the majority of the time.

I would appreciate it if someone else is able to confirm that this issue is not isolated to me though so if you are having the same issue please respond

Hoping to see a fix to this in an upcoming nightly

it was an issue, and has been fixed alone with most every issue reported so far
so next nightly should be some awesome sauce

Namheul

Feb 19, 2009
I wanted to restore to 155 as some apps don't recognise 4.2 yet.

I didn't realise that 156 was a new version of android, as it just popped up in GooManager and i downloaded and flashed it.

I guess i could do a Titanium Backup of my apps now, then factory reset, install 155, install old gapps, then restore app data?

TCGUK

Jan 9, 2011
K.C.
First off, thanks for this amazing ROM! I downloaded this off Goo on 4.1 and when I rebooted, to my surprise, I was on 4.2. An awesome surprise to say the least.
My question is in regard to gapps. I noticed the gapps file no longer exists on Goo but I have a couple files on my Note. One of the files is the 20121128 gapps package-is that one compatible? If not, is there any danger in flashing a 4.2 package made to work on 4.1?

Sorry for the noobish questions and thanks for the help.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Ridilen

Jun 10, 2011
Bolton
No service?

Love the ROM so far. Two questions though.

When I turn on the Xoom it says "No Service". Why? I think this is also stopping me from restoring in game downloads. Like Plague Inc.

Also what is simulated secondary displays?

Thanks.

WarLion

Jan 4, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
First off, thanks for this amazing ROM! I downloaded this off Goo on 4.1 and when I rebooted, to my surprise, I was on 4.2. An awesome surprise to say the least.
My question is in regard to gapps. I noticed the gapps file no longer exists on Goo but I have a couple files on my Note. One of the files is the 20121128 gapps package-is that one compatible? If not, is there any danger in flashing a 4.2 package made to work on 4.1?

Sorry for the noobish questions and thanks for the help.

yes you can only flash the gapps from eos you find the link in the first post

TCGUK

Jan 9, 2011
K.C.
yes you can only flash the gapps from eos you find the link in the first post

Thanks for the reply WarLion, I won't flash the other gapps packages I have then. However, the file appears to be missing which is what led to my conundrum. I've attached a screenshot of what the link directs to.
Does anyone have a mirror?

Last edited:

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOS_N10_zps8dc2664a.png

EOS_40_Header_zpsfc17bf00.png

Welcome to Eos 4.0! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Team_Roster_zps46dbf82a.png

Solarnz - Project founder and backend systems admin
    Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer
    Kevdliu - Feature Engineer, Toro maintainer
    Timduru - Frameworks Developer, TF101 maintainer
    Roach - Frameworks Developer - N4 maintainer
    RaymanFX - Remote branch and Experia maintainer
    Runandhide05 - Xoom maintainer
    UBER - Chief Graphics Designer
    Sykomaniac - Maguro maintainer

Features_zps2a2d8d3e.png

Code:
    NX Gesture Navigation Bar
    Navigation Bar Color w/ Project Glass (Auto-Transparency, not the Google Project Glass :P)
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Custom Navigation Bar Ring Quick Launch Targets
    Hide Status Bar and/or Navigation Bar
    Resize Navigation Bar
    Display All User Widgets On Lockscreen
    Recents Panel RAM Display and KillAll Switch
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    EOS Status Bar Toggles
    Status Bar Color
    Battery Indicator Mods
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine

Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    Volume Keys Long Press Music Control
    Disable/Enable CRT Animation
    Custom Screen Bahavior When Charging
    Custom Screen Off Wifi Delay
    Performance Settings
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    Eos Control Center
    MORE...

Creds_zps6c05dbff.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded. The resources we use include, but are not limited to:

Features:
    Code:
    Phone: for T9 dialer support
    MMS
    T-Mobile Theme Engine

Branches:
    Code:
    libhardware, libhardware_legacy, system/core, system/netd, /system/vold, frameworks/native, frameworks/av, isolated frameworks/base cherry-picks,
    and various qualcomm support related branches. We also use some qualcomm related branches from CodeAurora Forum.

Download_zps886ec94c.png

Team EOS Xoom Nightly builds

Download

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

Gapps package

Kernel_zps676c695a.png

Xoom comes with Custom EOS kernel.

Installation_Notes_zpsa4a4cf88.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.2.2 COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.

Information_zps30564da7.png

Changlog
    Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    Gitweb for GPL compliance
    I'm gonna try and give some perspective here. 4.2 is not like past releases. Internally, much reverse compatability has been removed. That means that older devices, with older kernels and older proprietary resources will have difficulty maintaining compatibility with 4.2. So we are having to do things for the Xoom that we didn't do before. Up to this point, new Android releases just worked out the box. This is no longer the case. Many comparable devices, non nexus devices, like the Transformer 101,have had to fight a hardware battle from day one. Now it is a battle the Xoom will fight. What does this mean? If you want a flawless build , stick with 4.1.2.
    It means the Xoom is getting old. Android has left Xoom behind. Eos has not. Dreamcwli has come in as well and is doing amazing work. He is VERY talented and the Xoom community is blessed to have him on board. I'm certain between all of us, we'll get things running as they should. But it takes time now. Just some thoughts
    Tonight's build is probably the most epic build we've had in quite some time, and I'm excited about it! Besides tablet mode, we added something very important, JIT. It seems at some unknown point, a merge removed JIT from the build. Some of you have noticed lousy benchmarks. This is why. I benchmarked Nexus 7 before using Linpack. Before was 11Mflops. Now it's 56Mflops. At the same time, missing JIT has had little impact on user experience, as JIT primarily boosts mathematical performance.

Tablet ui feels pretty smooth. There are minor layout issues, like notification icons not playing nice with bar resize. But this is a solid round 1. I recommend slimming down the system bar some. I'll be adding more bar sizes too so we can get that perfect profile.

We get center clock now for you weirdos that like it :p:laugh:

Eos is now compatible with Xposed framework, which I've played with for a couple days. For those who don't know, Xposed is a VERY powerful framework that attaches itself to Zygote. Summed up in a nutshell, this allows per app manipulation of almost anything including PER APP DPI CHANGE. For those interested, I'll do a brief write up after the build drops. It won't be included in the build, but installing is simply downloading and installing apps.

Watch for that goo notification. Don't miss this update. Keep rolling with Eos. Profit. Peace.
    BRD, I think you should leave the EOS 3 thread open until this release gets more stable and realiable, because as far as I'm seeing here (still didn't test, had no time for it) there are many guys with problems and lots of bugs, which is perfectly normal for a first release, but to get a more stable nightly the EOS 3 looks better now :)

Well, it's just an opinion, do whatever you want, you're (with solarnz) the boss here ;) and did a great work all that time on Xoom development :D

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk 2

Solarnz has given me the project so I'm the boss now. And that also means the buck stops with me. Guess it goes both ways. I closed the thread because the last 4.1.2 build is flawless and no longer being developed. Thus I'm not interested in any commentary on it. Also, it was filling with 4.2.1 bugs which, against my better judgement, i knew it would. All downloads are still available on goo for those that find 4.2.1 "challenging" :rolleyes:

My talented and trusty maintainer Runandhide is working on some of this issues discussed. I've also fix quite a few but wanna get a couple more fixes before we do another nightly. One thing that threw me off is for some reason xoom is running in tablet UI, and it should not be. Thus you see phone settings for the Eos interface. Guess I'll just bring in tablet eos settings then. Remember I'm working blind as I don't have my xoom anymore.

Stingray lte is proving to be a challenge. I've almost got it. When i get LTE going ill move on to everest. We have some VERY talented people coming on deck who want to push Eos to the next level. New features will be coming but let's get xoom stable first.
    I like it,
    Can I get a thanks now?
    Lol