[ROM][32b] Official AOSP 2.2 OTA

Search This thread

dasunsrule32

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
*** You must be running the 1.6 OTA in order to flash use the SPL (OFFICIAL) section. Otherwise look to the DOWNGRADE TO DONUT or SPL (WORKAROUND) section. ***

SPL (OFFICIAL):

1. Copy this SPL to your sdcard and rename it update.zip

2. Reboot recovery, power off phone, then: home + power, press home + power again to access the menu.

3. Select apply sdcard:update.zip

4. Once finished, let android reboot.

5. Delete the old update.zip and copy the Froyo OTA to your sdcard and rename it update.zip.

6. Reboot recovery, power off phone, then: home + power, press home + power again to access the menu.

7. Select apply sdcard:update.zip

8. Once finished, let android reboot.

9. Delete the old update.zip and copy the Market OTA fix to your sdcard and rename it update.zip.

10. Reboot recovery, power off phone, then: home + power.

11. Once finished, let android reboot.

12. Root here.

DOWNGRADE TO DONUT OTA:

* Make sure to have an engineering (s-OFF) SPL installed. If you don't, use the SPL (WORKAROUND) section to flash clockwork recovery and flash the engineering SPL, then start back here.

1. Download the original COC10 build of Cupcake and the 1.6 OTA and rename the 1.6 update to update.zip.

2. Make sure to have the adb binary on your computer, you can grab it from the SDK under the /tools folder. Grab fastboot here.

3. Copy SAPPIMG.nbh to your sdcard.

4. Boot to fastboot mode, power off phone, then: back + power

5. Select hboot mode, blanking, but I believe it is Volume up, the SPL will scan the sdcard and ask to apply SAPPIMG.nbh, enter <yes> by pressing the trackball.

6. Let it install, and boot to Android. *** DO NOT POWER OFF PHONE OR YOU'LL BE SORRY!! ***

7. Copy update.zip to your sdcard.

8. Power off the phone and enter recovery: home + power, press home + power again to access the menu.

9. Select: apply sdcard:update.zip

10. Congrats, you are now ready to apply the STOCK (OFFICIAL) update.

SPL WORKAROUND (OFFICIAL):

This is assuming you are running stock 1.6:

1. Download Univeral Androot and install it. Once installed, run it and root. Also, download and install busybox from the market. Open busybox and install the 1.18.0git version.

2. Download cm 4.2.15.1 and extract flash_image from /system/bin/
a. This stand alone flash_image may work also.
b. Some users have reported that after rooting, using ROM Manager to flash clockwork recovery has worked, I was never able to get a 100% workable flash on stock, so use at your own risk.

3. Download this SAPPIMG.zip *** DON"T FLASH, DON"T ASK TO FLASH!!! ***

4. Download clockwork recovery from here and rename it recovery.img.

5. Download this engineering SPL and rename it spl.zip.

6. Download Froyo OTA. Rename to update.zip.

7. Extract hboot_7201A_1.33.0013G_091021.nb0 from SAPPIMG.zip.

8. Make sure to have the adb binary on your computer, you can grab it from the SDK under the /tools folder. Grab fastboot here.

9. Enable USB Debugging: Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging

10. Copy these files to your /sdcard/
a. flash_image
b. recovery.img
c. spl.zip
d. update.zip

11. Now it's time for adb.
Code:
adb shell
su
cp /sdcard/flash_image /cache/
chmod 755 /cache/flash_image
cd /cache
./flash_image /sdcard/recovery.img
12. exit adb, *nix: ctrl + d, Windows: exit, press enter

13. adb reboot recovery

14. You're in clockwork recovery now: Install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> spl.zip

15. You're phone will reboot twice, once done, power off your phone.

16. Press and hold: back + power, this will drop you in fastboot mode with 1.33.2005 and s-OFF.

17. Now we need to flash the new SPL:
Code:
fastboot flash hboot hboot_7201A_1.33.0013G_091021.nb0
18. It should say OKAY, power off the phone.

19. Power on the phone and enter recovery: home + power

20. It will probably be the stock recovery again, press: home + power when in recovery with the exclamation mark. Select: apply sdcard:update.zip

21. Let it finish and reboot. Welcome to froyo!

UPDATES:

Self-Signed Flashable SPL *** Requires Non-stock recovery ***

Official Flashable SPL
Official Flashable SPL Mirror 1

Froyo OTA
Froyo OTA Mirror 1

OTA Market Fix
OTA Market Fix Mirror 1

ROOTING:

Root Me

If you like my work, buy my family and I a pizza. Thanks!

DONATE

Last edited:

jcarloss

Sep 21, 2008
H-town
mytouch froyo 2.2

i been looking for it too but i cant find it.. maybe they haven't release it yet...
if you find it please post link for it thanks...

Asadullah

Aug 24, 2010
casselberry
Please post the link to the OTA for the 32b. Thanks. I will change the thread title as soon as it's posted so we can pull this update and begin hacking. Thanks.

You should also explain how to extract the update zip from their phone. I believe it's stored in /system/etc. It'll be something like this
Code:
adb remount 
adb shell
cd /system/etc
ls -a

the ls -a command will show you everything in that directory and it most likely won't be called update.zip. it'll have some crazy unneccesarily long name. But you'll know it when you see it. Also don't apply it obviously until you extract it.I wouldn't suggest applying it at all it'll take all of five minutes to add superuser and busybox to it:D

M9x3mos

May 12, 2008
Around
It is going to be 2 parts. One about 5-10 to download and the other an hour. Will be 2 fer. Needs both lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using XDA App

dasunsrule32

Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
You should also explain how to extract the update zip from their phone. I believe it's stored in /system/etc. It'll be something like this
Code:
adb remount 
adb shell
cd /system/etc
ls -a

the ls -a command will show you everything in that directory and it most likely won't be called update.zip. it'll have some crazy unneccesarily long name. But you'll know it when you see it. Also don't apply it obviously until you extract it.I wouldn't suggest applying it at all it'll take all of five minutes to add superuser and busybox to it:D

It would more than likely be downloaded to /cache.

Jerzeeloon

Feb 15, 2009
1st they said everyone should receive it by the 25th,now it's the 31st?Yeah and I'm waiting for tmo to announce it's been delayed due to some bull**** reason,cause they will.cause that's what tmo does. They strait bull****.I remember them promising us 2.1 for mt3g,never happened.and the poor cliq users are still on 1.5 after countless dates had been set for 2.1 update only to enevitably be canceled,just like this will. That's right tmo you suck and I'm calling your bluff.try to prove me wrong but I know you wont.worst product support of any carrier.Fu tmo Fu.

dasunsrule32

Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
1st they said everyone should receive it by the 25th,now it's the 31st?Yeah and I'm waiting for tmo to announce it's been delayed due to some reason,cause they will.cause that's what tmo does. They strait.I remember them promising us 2.1 for mt3g,never happened.and the poor cliq users are still on 1.5 after countless dates had been set for 2.1 update only to enevitably be canceled,just like this will. That's right tmo you suck and I'm calling your bluff.try to prove me wrong but I know you wont.worst product support of any carrier.

Don't spam this thread.

can teh man

Jun 5, 2010
Michigan
1st they said everyone should receive it by the 25th,now it's the 31st?Yeah and I'm waiting for tmo to announce it's been delayed due to some bull**** reason,cause they will.cause that's what tmo does. They strait bull****.I remember them promising us 2.1 for mt3g,never happened.and the poor cliq users are still on 1.5 after countless dates had been set for 2.1 update only to enevitably be canceled,just like this will. That's right tmo you suck and I'm calling your bluff.try to prove me wrong but I know you wont.worst product support of any carrier.Fu tmo Fu.

The Cliq was the worst phone ever though, their fault for buying a motorola.

callmeradical

Dec 15, 2009
A couple people on twitter (@daintyyardie @sleepyeyes11) are posting that they have received the update, however they are saying that Market is missing for some reason. I seriously hope this does not delay the update for the rest of us, I can deal without having market in the meantime.

jcarrz1

Retired Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
scienceprousa.com
A couple people on twitter (@daintyyardie @sleepyeyes11) are posting that they have received the update, however they are saying that Market is missing for some reason. I seriously hope this does not delay the update for the rest of us, I can deal without having market in the meantime.

my theory: the update is rumored to be in two parts.

1st part is rom
2nd is gapps

person did something to mess up the 2nd update.

callmeradical

Dec 15, 2009
Well both are saying that they are missing market. I doubt both of them messed up the same update. Plus the first update is the smaller one which would be the Gapps, probably only around 17 MBs or so, the second would likely be ~90 MBs for the actual update?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** You must be running the 1.6 OTA in order to flash use the SPL (OFFICIAL) section. Otherwise look to the DOWNGRADE TO DONUT or SPL (WORKAROUND) section. ***

SPL (OFFICIAL):

1. Copy this SPL to your sdcard and rename it update.zip

2. Reboot recovery, power off phone, then: home + power, press home + power again to access the menu.

3. Select apply sdcard:update.zip

4. Once finished, let android reboot.

5. Delete the old update.zip and copy the Froyo OTA to your sdcard and rename it update.zip.

6. Reboot recovery, power off phone, then: home + power, press home + power again to access the menu.

7. Select apply sdcard:update.zip

8. Once finished, let android reboot.

9. Delete the old update.zip and copy the Market OTA fix to your sdcard and rename it update.zip.

10. Reboot recovery, power off phone, then: home + power.

11. Once finished, let android reboot.

12. Root here.

DOWNGRADE TO DONUT OTA:

* Make sure to have an engineering (s-OFF) SPL installed. If you don't, use the SPL (WORKAROUND) section to flash clockwork recovery and flash the engineering SPL, then start back here.

1. Download the original COC10 build of Cupcake and the 1.6 OTA and rename the 1.6 update to update.zip.

2. Make sure to have the adb binary on your computer, you can grab it from the SDK under the /tools folder. Grab fastboot here.

3. Copy SAPPIMG.nbh to your sdcard.

4. Boot to fastboot mode, power off phone, then: back + power

5. Select hboot mode, blanking, but I believe it is Volume up, the SPL will scan the sdcard and ask to apply SAPPIMG.nbh, enter <yes> by pressing the trackball.

6. Let it install, and boot to Android. *** DO NOT POWER OFF PHONE OR YOU'LL BE SORRY!! ***

7. Copy update.zip to your sdcard.

8. Power off the phone and enter recovery: home + power, press home + power again to access the menu.

9. Select: apply sdcard:update.zip

10. Congrats, you are now ready to apply the STOCK (OFFICIAL) update.

SPL WORKAROUND (OFFICIAL):

This is assuming you are running stock 1.6:

1. Download Univeral Androot and install it. Once installed, run it and root. Also, download and install busybox from the market. Open busybox and install the 1.18.0git version.

2. Download cm 4.2.15.1 and extract flash_image from /system/bin/
    a. This stand alone flash_image may work also.
    b. Some users have reported that after rooting, using ROM Manager to flash clockwork recovery has worked, I was never able to get a 100% workable flash on stock, so use at your own risk.

3. Download this SAPPIMG.zip *** DON"T FLASH, DON"T ASK TO FLASH!!! ***

4. Download clockwork recovery from here and rename it recovery.img.

5. Download this engineering SPL and rename it spl.zip.

6. Download Froyo OTA. Rename to update.zip.

7. Extract hboot_7201A_1.33.0013G_091021.nb0 from SAPPIMG.zip.

8. Make sure to have the adb binary on your computer, you can grab it from the SDK under the /tools folder. Grab fastboot here.

9. Enable USB Debugging: Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging

10. Copy these files to your /sdcard/
    a. flash_image
    b. recovery.img
    c. spl.zip
    d. update.zip

11. Now it's time for adb.
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    cp /sdcard/flash_image /cache/
    chmod 755 /cache/flash_image
    cd /cache
    ./flash_image /sdcard/recovery.img
    12. exit adb, *nix: ctrl + d, Windows: exit, press enter

13. adb reboot recovery

14. You're in clockwork recovery now: Install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> spl.zip

15. You're phone will reboot twice, once done, power off your phone.

16. Press and hold: back + power, this will drop you in fastboot mode with 1.33.2005 and s-OFF.

17. Now we need to flash the new SPL:
    Code:
    fastboot flash hboot hboot_7201A_1.33.0013G_091021.nb0
    18. It should say OKAY, power off the phone.

19. Power on the phone and enter recovery: home + power

20. It will probably be the stock recovery again, press: home + power when in recovery with the exclamation mark. Select: apply sdcard:update.zip

21. Let it finish and reboot. Welcome to froyo!

UPDATES:

Self-Signed Flashable SPL *** Requires Non-stock recovery ***

Official Flashable SPL
    Official Flashable SPL Mirror 1

Froyo OTA
    Froyo OTA Mirror 1

OTA Market Fix
    OTA Market Fix Mirror 1

ROOTING:

Root Me

If you like my work, buy my family and I a pizza. Thanks!

DONATE
    Does this mean that this are the two files?

android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/tmobile_opal/e3671133717d.signed-opal-FRG83-from-DMD64.e3671133.zip

android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/tmobile_opal/e059adc603a3.signed-opal-ota-60505.e059adc6.zip

The first is an incremental patch from 1.6 (has binary diffs from the previous rom).. the second is a full install and doesn't rely on the current rom for data.. neither seem to have the hboot
    By the way I believe my language pack will work without incident the unmodified rooted OTA (you will need the custom recovery to install) as well:

http://tinyurl.com/36mv948
    How can i go back to Donut if i need to have a S-OFF SPL first hand?

Is there any way you or anyone else can provide me a small breakdown of what to do =/ I'm confused.

Since i can't get into the android rom that's in the phone because i think the radio is causing the problem of "Can't find a secure connection to google" when i try to activate the phone since i can't do that four corner crap to bypass it. Then i can't root it, load the custom recovery.

Is there a way to flash any of these things, or another Rom for that matter with the stock Recovery on? (the current one i have now has blue font and only three options; Reboot system now, Apply sdcard:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset) and then on top of that i think something went wrong with it because it states on the bottom; E:can't open /cache/recovery/command

It's actually really easy. Follow the link in my sig for OEM 1.6. There are a few update.zip files that are applied through OEM recovery.

Trust me, just follow the links in my sig and read the guides. If any if the download links are bad let me know and I'll upload mirrors.
    When i try to install the Sappimg it get "Signature Incorrect! Update Fail!"

You already did sappimg, that's why you're on oldest radio and spl. Skip that step and keep going, or try the sappimg in my sig.

Sent from my HTC Glacier