Frequently Asked Questions

Search This thread

monishvster

Apr 26, 2012
Chennai
GTA 3

Does anyone has link to download sd card files of GTA 3(HVGA) with sound because most of them are giving the compressed one with no sound???? :confused:

striker280

Dec 5, 2011
may be noob question but if i flashed an android 4.0 ics custom rom, can i flash a gingerbread rom like cm7 if i dont like the ics rom?

monishvster

Apr 26, 2012
Chennai
It does crashes at times. Another unsolved major issue is camera doesnt work. U can considr Cleardroid rom too....:eek:

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using XDA

SergieSky

Mar 26, 2012
Can somebody give me some advice on this? I have WFS from MetroPCS, using hensemod6 currently. everythimg works good except a few little things, the home,menu,back,search buttons don't light up anymore. I can't rotate the screen at all. Proximity sensor doesn't work for while you're on the phone for the screen to go off, and finally can't receive or send any MMS. I have tried to flash other roms after hensemod and I couldn't get passed boot-loop. So reverted back to hensemod6 again, and patiently waiting for Henry_01 to come out with some fixes if he can. If anybody know of anyway to help me please and thank you I will be grateful.

Black_Lion

Dec 4, 2011
Hi ..i just wanted to ask that em still unable to recieve 2.3.5 update on my wildfire S running 2.3.3 .i manually chk for updates in settings-->abt phone but it says upto date...wat shud i do now??

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

hcvtech

Dec 29, 2007
SD Card

Hi

I have a problem with my htc and i need some help if you can. I recently got a 4gb sd card for my phone and it doest work on it but the card works perfectly on the Samsung Galaxy Mini and the HTC TYTN II that i also have :).
So my quastion is this. Is there anything else to do besides the format or the phone supports a special brand of a 4gb sd card??

P.S. please post me a link of a giude on how to upgrade the phone i ve been reading the wildfire section all day today and the only thing i found is the rom section.

Thanks in advance

docgnome

May 19, 2012
Maybe this has already been addressed but you can root the Wildfire S with S-ON...

I'd post a link but I can't -_- In fact the only reason i'm posting here at all is so i can report a friggin bug with a rom -_-

jsthorpe

Jul 1, 2012
Nottingham
FAQ needs to be updated. You can root with S-ON. I have - I'm GSM, fully rooted A510e with AOKP build 38 (ICS 4.0.4) installed and running great. Removed some of the fluff that came with the ROM.

Caro332

Aug 12, 2011
Delhi
tried unlocking the bootloader..
but now phone is stuck on htc logo with caution mark on four corners of the phone..
please help.... :(:confused:

can you get into HBOOT? If not then your phone is soft bricked

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Hi

I have a problem with my htc and i need some help if you can. I recently got a 4gb sd card for my phone and it doest work on it but the card works perfectly on the Samsung Galaxy Mini and the HTC TYTN II that i also have :).
So my quastion is this. Is there anything else to do besides the format or the phone supports a special brand of a 4gb sd card??

P.S. please post me a link of a giude on how to upgrade the phone i ve been reading the wildfire section all day today and the only thing i found is the rom section.

Thanks in advance

People have had problems with SD cards. Some just don't work for some reason. I would say get a different SD card

autumntree

Jul 15, 2012
tried unlocking the bootloader..
but now phone is stuck on htc logo with caution mark on four corners of the phone..
please help.... :(:confused:

maybe you can try to press the power button to reboot it. Then power off. (you can remove the battery to make sure the phone has been shut off). After that, you take another try to unlock the bootloader.

wish you good luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As people are making multiple threads about the same thing again and again, I decided to make one thread for FAQ.

--------------------------------------------------------

Q) Can I root my phone?
    A- Yes, only if you have S-OFF

Q) How do I get S-OFF on my phone?

A- Please visit htcdev to start unlocking your phone!

Q) How much internal memory does HTC Wildfire S have?

A- 150 MB.

Q) Is Flash supported on my phone?

A- Answer is both, yes and no. Full Flash is not supported but a few chinese developers have made a "lite" version for ARMv6 devices i.e; Wildfire S

Q) I'm having problem with Sync. It doesn't work!

A- Keep your internal memory more than 15 MB. Only then it'll work.

Q) My battery life is very bad. What to do?

A- You should buy a new battery. Not from HTC but from some other site(s). Try Mugen Power batteries or buy one from eBay if you don't wish to spend $47 on a battery.

Did I miss something? Let me know. I'll add/fix it instantly
    :D
    [SOLVED] battery drain issue

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hello everyone who is experiencing really massive battery drain on wildfire S.

Symptoms:
    1. you own wildfire S
    2. in battery stats the "dialer" is on top (eg. 97%)
    3. you have made a call recently
    4. experiencing battery drain about 30-50% per hour.

Cause:
    Maybe it really surprises you (or your girlfriend:rolleyes:), but you are most probably making a phone call. The new wildfire's dialer is just a bit crappy. When you dial a number and then want to hang up, you have to do it by correct button (the red "hang-up" button). There is also a possibility to "terminate the call" by pressing the "back" button on the bottom, but in this case your call is not terminated at all, but dialer is running now in the background. The nice example is when you are calling a buddy and then you hang-up(using back button) after you realized that you are being redirected to voicemail. By doing this you are still talking to a voicemail for a period of time until the call is terminated automatically by that particular carrier.

Solution:
    Use the red button to terminate the phone call. Check the logs and you will see if this is your case.

If you find this post helping to you, just say "Thanks" :) ---->
    "You should by a new batter" It should be battery. :D
    Error in FAQ

As people are making multiple threads about the same thing again and again, I decided to make one thread for FAQ.

Q) Can I root my phone?
    A- Yes, only if you have S-OFF

That is not true.

I (and MANY others) are enjoying a rooted phone (and custom ROM, etc.) with an S-ON HTC Wildfire S.

S-OFF is NOT a requirement for root.
    How can I know if my wildfire s is S-ON or S-OFF ?
    Go to Settings > Power > Disable Fast Boot.

Turn off the phone, then turn it on again with the power button but hold the volume down button at the same time.

This is recovery mode. It should say it at the top of the screen.