[Q] Need advice.. Stay on G2 or Back to S4

Search This thread

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
Hey all

I need your help folks...

What i look for in a phone.. Great music sound, Great pictures and plenty of camera features, ease of use on interface, big clear screen, loudish ringtones, heavily customisable

I changed from my S4 to the G2, due to the sh*t bloatware, lag and camera issues on the S4LTE, so Ive had my unbranded UK D802 G2 (latest Dec2013 update) for all of about 3 weeks now and to be honest Im not impressed..

Mainly because of the camera, but other issues such as, my EE/Orange GSM signal just drops out for a few seconds from time to time, my Wifi signal wavers up and down occasionally, the knock on doesnt always work and the screen just switches straight back off again after knock on, the speaker is very tinney and low ringer volumes, plus 10GB is not alot (but thats my fault for not researching not LGs).

I know all of this sounds so negative, but im trying my best to love this phone, Ive looked around at all the camera mods and upgrades, mainly Jishnus, xdabeb and even LGs own camera fix, however all require root access and from what Im aware Rooting stops OTA updates.

Plus Sammy have just about fixed all issues on the S4 with 4.3

Is it worth staying with the G2 and wait for KitKat fixes, will their be any KitKat fixes, becasue I do love the user friendly interface features on the G2, I can put up with the 10GB,

Thanks

Last edited:

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Hey all

I need your help folks...

What i look for in a phone.. Great music sound, Great pictures and plenty of camera features, ease of use on interface, big clear screen, loudish ringtones, heavily customisable

I changed from my S4 to the G2, due to the sh*t bloatware, lag and camera issues on the S4LTE, so Ive had my unbranded UK D802 G2 (latest Dec2013 update) for all of about 3 weeks now and to be honest Im not impressed..

Mainly because of the camera, but other issues such as, my EE/Orange GSM signal just drops out for a few seconds from time to time, my Wifi signal wavers up and down occasionally, the knock on doesnt always work and the screen just switches straight back off again after knock on, the speaker is very tinney and low ringer volumes, plus 10GB is not alot (but thats my fault for not researching not LGs).

I know all of this sounds so negative, but im trying my best to love this phone, Ive looked around at all the camera mods and upgrades, mainly Jishnus, xdabeb and even LGs own camera fix, however all require root access and from what Im aware Rooting stops OTA updates.

Plus Sammy have just about fixed all issues on the S4 with 4.3

Is it worth staying with the G2 and wait for KitKat fixes, will their be any KitKat fixes, becasue I do love the user friendly interface features on the G2, I can put up with the 10GB,

Thanks

I would say wait for KitKat. By then, there will also be newer devices around. Going back to a device you didn't like isn't gonna do much good ;)

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
I would say wait for KitKat. By then, there will also be newer devices around. Going back to a device you didn't like isn't gonna do much good ;)

Thanks for the quick reply :), Is it true that KitKat is out in a few weeks (March) and has there been a changelog released yet?.

letters_to_cleo

Jan 23, 2012
Portsmouth, N.H.
@OP

I don't know if this is a dumb answer or your just asking a dumb question, but your in the G2 forum, so you should expect 7 out of 10 people would vote more on the G2 than that of the S4... (same idea if you throw out your post to the S4 forum as well, you would most likely know what your going to get a reply with).

Last edited:

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
@OP

I don't know if this is a dumb answer or your just asking a dumb question, but your in the G2 forum, so you should expect 7 out of 10 people would vote more on the G2 than that of the S4... (same idea if you throw out your post to the S4 forum as well, you would most likely know what your going to get a reply with).

I asked this in a bid for someone to advice me of the great things about the G2, but it doesnt matter.. I was playing with the camera last night.. I was even looking at installing Jishnus Mod manually so I wouldnt lose OTA after rooting, but I just got so sick of the flakey photos that Ive gone back to WP8 Black on my Lumia 920. 27GB of usable storage, great loud stereo speakers and wireless charging OOTB and a fantastic 8.7 MP Carl Zeiss Lens camera (after Lumia Black update) and IMO, A superior OS in every respect.

Oh well .. :)

Last edited: