DPI Changer S5

Search This thread

WhiteReign

Apr 15, 2011
Thought you all might like a little more room. This app is amazing! I tested it on 360!!! If you go lower I cant tell you what happens. I tested from 480 all the way to 360 and I have to say 360 works the best!

Please Thank me if you like this find!

DPI Changer

WhiteReign

Apr 15, 2011
Just checked. Ya same here. I don't mind I just have more room on the home screen. I just know this was the best setting for Gallery. If I remember right it did the same to the Dial pad too on my Note 3. That was the only bad thing. :(

PS Camera is a little smaller too. :(

Last edited:

cjsteier

Mar 24, 2011
Evanston
Just checked. Ya same here. I don't mind I just have more room on the home screen. I just know this was the best setting for Gallery. If I remember right it did the same to the Dial pad too on my Note 3. That was the only bad thing. :(

Ya seems that AOSP was never struck with this issue, only Touchwiz based roms. I use Nova to get around the homescreen sizing.

Sir-Lancelot

Aug 11, 2012
Florence, SC
Thanks for the share. I will have to give it a try.

I have been using the xposed module app settings. Nice module for anyone who is not familiar. Allows settings for dpi, force full screen, etc on a per app basis which is good I think as some apps I have a different dpi than others.
I agree with your thoughts on 360 for this device.
//Lance

computercarl

Oct 16, 2006
Bay City, MI
Thanks for the share. I will have to give it a try.

I have been using the xposed module app settings. Nice module for anyone who is not familiar. Allows settings for dpi, force full screen, etc on a per app basis which is good I think as some apps I have a different dpi than others.
I agree with your thoughts on 360 for this device.
//Lance

I tried it down to ~150, things got really small.

~120, and systemUI FC'd so badly I had to ODIN back to stock.

computercarl

Oct 16, 2006
Bay City, MI
Has anyone figured out a way to force the dialer and the camera back to the right 480 dpi? I cant seem to figure out how to do it even in the xposed module App Settings, I can set it to 480 in there, and it still opens fullscreen, but not sized properly.

Thanks.

Crooke356

Jun 30, 2011
Indianapolis
Has anyone figured out a way to force the dialer and the camera back to the right 480 dpi? I cant seem to figure out how to do it even in the xposed module App Settings, I can set it to 480 in there, and it still opens fullscreen, but not sized properly.

Thanks.

Keep trying app settings?? It's working great for me. Has been since root. I do use a different DPI changer but that shouldn't have anything to do with it. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Rakuu

Jun 16, 2014
Houston
Haven't had much luck using any of the dpi changer apps. Also when I try to change it manually the ro.so.lcd_density line in my build.prop isn't there, dont know if thats how its supposed to be but adding the line doesnt change anything. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

cjsteier

Mar 24, 2011
Evanston
Haven't had much luck using any of the dpi changer apps. Also when I try to change it manually the ro.so.lcd_density line in my build.prop isn't there, dont know if thats how its supposed to be but adding the line doesnt change anything. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?
The new line for the S5 is ro.sf.lcd_density=480. It is already in the build prop file if you haven't found it yet. Just change the 480 to whatever size your after as usual.

Rakuu

Jun 16, 2014
Houston
The new line for the S5 is ro.sf.lcd_density=480. It is already in the build prop file if you haven't found it yet. Just change the 480 to whatever size your after as usual.
Yea, that was a mistype, meant to say ro.sf not ro.so. Same story, the line isnt in my build.prop, adding it changes nothing.

cjsteier

Mar 24, 2011
Evanston
Yea, that was a mistype, meant to say ro.sf not ro.so. Same story, the line isnt in my build.prop, adding it changes nothing.
Hmm that's strange. I will say that the line in my build prop is earlier in, than in the past with other devices. As soon as I start scrolling I'll go though some # signs than it is the second line past them.

Rakuu

Jun 16, 2014
Houston
Hmm that's strange. I will say that the line in my build prop is earlier in, than in the past with other devices. As soon as I start scrolling I'll go though some # signs than it is the second line past them.
did a manual adb pull of the build.prop and did a find in a text editor and couldnt find it, also manually looked through it many times, its not there.

cjsteier

Mar 24, 2011
Evanston
Hmm wouldn't think that the build props would differ as far as basic device info, but maybe. Defiantly keep info posted here if you figure something out just for our future reference.

Rakuu

Jun 16, 2014
Houston
Well, just for kicks tried to add the line again and lo and behold it worked lol. So for future reference, if you are missing the lcd density line in your build.prop, adding it to the bottom works.

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Messes up the lockscreen too especially if you're using fingerprint for security.

Tapped It!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thought you all might like a little more room. This app is amazing! I tested it on 360!!! If you go lower I cant tell you what happens. I tested from 480 all the way to 360 and I have to say 360 works the best!

Please Thank me if you like this find!

DPI Changer