OK.. I want this phone debricked from WP7. Let's do this!

Search This thread

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
OK... so I've posted in various threads about being stuck between WM6/6.5 and WP7, but from all I've tried so far all I can do is basically go between bootloaders getting blue/white leds and doing the flashes of various ROM's and getting nowhere. I personally believe the bootloaders are not working with the phone or something along those lines. Perhaps mine (and many others) phones are slightly different versions? (Model: TG01 / FCC ID:SP2-TM5-E01 / TYPE: TM5-E01 / Below barcode: MD: 0906)

I have flashed a whole variety of 6 and 6.5 ROM's without ever having an issue. So why won't it flash back now? Hence why I think it's the boot loader(s).

So, what are my options?

1) Can I short pin it? How do I do this.. what boot loader do I need on the phone? Is a boot loader necessary for this?
2) What other software tools might I be able to try, bearing in mind I can't load anything other than a bootloader and flash stuff that doesn't work.
3) Get a different boot loader??

(And frankly: Whilst we all except the risks of flashing ROM's, there seem to be a lot of people trying WP7 and failing, and being bricked.. I believe there is a common cause and we can revive people's phones - more than just mine).

Last edited:

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
When doing the PIN method, does it matter what the .enc file is called?

I'm trying pin short method because the downloader doesn't seem to have much effect.

EDIT: Nothing seems to happen when I short pin and press reset... seems a bit odd.

Last edited:

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
This could potentially help me with my bricked TG01 too....
What bootloader were you on when your device 'bricked'?

I was on Windows Phone 7 bootloader

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
i revived mine about 10 times haha have you got facebook so we can use the chat on there? then i can try my best to help you out !!!

Got MSN/Skype/google talk?

This could potentially help me with my bricked TG01 too....
What bootloader were you on when your device 'bricked'?

I was on Windows Phone 7 bootloader

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

Bootloader: The bootloaders that were supplied by mirolg for the upgrade to WP7. I can flash between the WM6 bootloader and the WP7 bootloader, just it never boots (Obviously flashing the right OS after each).

I am wondering if there is a difference in the models/versions of phone that would cause the bootloader not to work?

NOTE: My only other concern is regarding the instructions. It doesn't make it clear what you need to do with the drivers for the USB. On my PC('s) is won't work with actually manually installed the drivers from the directories, otherwise no phone (port) is ever detected... but they seem to ignore this point. I had to go into the device manager to get it to see the port in order to flash. So.. is this right or wrong?

Last edited:

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
No progress yet. Same bricked state.

Even the short pin method won't work (Nothing actually happens when I try this method).

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
Trying to flash WP7 now with QPST, but it's not having it :-(

I can't get to the proper download mode, so use the hold camera button and power button, and it detects the 'download mode' it says, and then flashes multiple colours on the led. I press start in QPST, and it just goes to a white LED and says 'timeout waiting for ACK'

Major bummer.

EDIT: Phone now completed *********. Fabulous.

Last edited: