Discontinued[ROM][JAN.22]HyperSensation v1.8 |base 2.3.7 - Small, fast (only 54Mb!)

Search This thread

jun_ng_1208

Dec 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Anyone tried the new KANG ROM yet? Is Wi-Fi hotspot working? Just wanna be sure before I download it ;) thanks~

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

LBN1

Feb 2, 2011
Kris - suggestion or question re your new HyperSensationICS - will it require new firmware? If so perhaps state in your change log which of the newer firmware(s) will work. Rom download link does not appear to be active yet though I am sure it is coming... thanks for your development work!

tin2404

I don't understand now ? What ROM exactly is that? Hypersensation CM7 or Hypersensation ICS ?Because there is another thread for ICS based version.
I don't like ICS at all, so I am wonder what exactly version is in first post?
:-/And...where is download link ?

Thank you for this release. ;)

Last edited:

awil95

Aug 7, 2011
Indianapolis
I don't understand now ? What ROM exactly is that? Hypersensation CM7 or Hypersensation ICS ?Because there is another thread for ICS based version.
I don't like ICS at all, so I am wonder what exactly version is in first post?
:-/And...where is download link ?

Thank you for this release. ;)

Hypersensation has always been based on a non sense rom. And the current ics build by kristof (hypernonsense) is based on sense.... But just has all the extras stripped off.... So the new "Hypersensation ICS" build will not be based on sense... Most likely CM9 or another AOSP rom. (I be live aosp is the correct acronym... Lol or its asop. Basically just a stock android ROM . )

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G rockin HyperNonSense

Last edited:

tin2404

Hypersensation has always been based on a non sense rom. And the current ics build by kristof (hypernonsense) is based on sense.... But just has all the extras stripped off.... So the new "Hypersensation ICS" build will not be based on sense... Most likely CM9 or another AOSP rom. (I be live aosp is the correct acronym... Lol or its asop. Basically just a stock android ROM . )

Hm...Sense is not issue here..
CM7 or CM9 base ? CM7 is fine.I don't like Sense releases in eather ways...or CM9 base..so I stick to good old CM7.
CM9 is base of ICS.Correct ? Because I installed by mistake HyperSensation ICS and half apps doesn't work as they suppose to do in my case. :-/
Anyway...I am out of here if it is not CM7 ver. 2.3.7...Any other suggestion for Sensation CM7 base ROM ?

Last edited:

LBN1

Feb 2, 2011
Hm...Sense is not issue here..
CM7 or CM9 base ? CM7 is fine.I don't like Sense releases in eather ways...or CM9 base..so I stick to good old CM7.
CM9 is base of ICS.Correct ? Because I installed by mistake HyperSensation ICS and half apps doesn't work as they suppose to do in my case. :-/
Anyway...I am out of here if it is not CM7 ver. 2.3.7...Any other suggestion for Sensation CM7 base ROM ?

The new HyperSensationICSv0.1 appears to be based on CM9. If you want to stick with a CM7 base, his last version was HyperSensation v1.8 which was rock solid. An alternative I also used was RevertedASOP but that one is not being updated anymore.

Kris, perhaps keep versions of both downloads on your first post... and btw download for v.01 still does not work.

kristofpetho

May 27, 2009
Zoetermeer
Dear All,

It is with a very sad heart that I am writing this message.

It has been an excellent few months now with a great crowd here at XDA and I have grown very attached.

But life is changing, and so are the circumstances. I will be moving to a new company, a new job, but most of all, even a new country. Hence I can not keep maintaining the XDA threads, the ROM, or even cooking/devving.

I say goodbye to all of you now, and if anyone wants to continue what I have started, please PM me.

All the best, and keep up the teamwork which is exceptionally great here at XDA,

Kristof

awil95

Aug 7, 2011
Indianapolis
Dear All,

It has been an excellent few months now with a great crowd here at XDA and I have grown very attached.

But life is changing, and so are the circumstances. I will be moving to a new company, a new job, but most of all, even a new country. Hence I can not keep maintaining the XDA threads, the ROM, or even cooking/devving.

I say goodbye to all of you now, and if anyone wants to continue what I have started, please PM me.

All the best, and keep up the teamwork which is exceptionally great here at XDA,

Kristof

You will be missed. :( If only I could learn how to cook ROMs. If I knew how I would take up the offer of continuing your work. I might start learning as I am going off to college soon for software and computer engineering.

buzzboy

Oct 29, 2010
Canterbury
You will be missed. :( If only I could learn how to cook ROMs. If I knew how I would take up the offer of continuing your work. I might start learning as I am going off to college soon for software and computer engineering.

+1, Good luck, and thanks for the best damn Rom that I think I have ever used.

Cheers

LBN1

Feb 2, 2011
Dear All,

Kristof

Thanks for your development work, AND for letting us know you are moving on! So many developers just leave without a word and their followers are left hanging... so I really appreciate the heads up.

MAMeingast

Jul 20, 2008
Berlin
Dear All,

Kristof

That is indeed sad news - thank you for everything, Kris, and good luck for your future! :)

engljeff

Aug 2, 2010
Made the mistake of thinking that some of the ICS roms match the quality of Hypersensation GB. Needless to say, I'm back. My problem is that when i first came to this ROM, Kristof had a flashable google talk that included video, now the link is for without video. Anyone that is on this ROM still have that file handy that could post a link here? I'm having a tough time finding it elsewhere.

Sent from my Sensation using XDA

Worbit Jiminage

Oct 14, 2011
Gateshead
One of the reasons I didn't buy the ONE X was because
I knew I could use stock gingerbread on the Sensation,
I just hope that there is a Dev out there who can keep this amazing ROM
going:eek:, Thanks Guys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    23rd March 2012 - Message from the developer here

I believe that our Sensation can do a lot more / be a lot faster / and therefore we can be more productive than with the Sense ROMs.
    I also like to customize my own apps in a given ROM, so any simple/minimalistic ROM is a plus for me.

I therefore present to all who like this approach my very own HyperSensation ROM release.

HyperSensation is now also on Facebook! HERE

Screenshots (HyperSensation):

- Download links, changelog and addons and extras in post #2
    - Extras and other links (ie. kernel, addons, etc) in post#3
    - FAQ and themes in post #4

What you get:
    - Simple, minimalistic ROM to be a good base for your everyday needs (those who like every app to be in there "out-of-the-box" should steer clear)
    - Speed tweaks to make the base to make it even faster and more responsive
    - Tweaks to make battery life even better
    - Tweaks to included apps (camera, mail, etc) to make the experince even more whole
    - Lossless JPEG compression for photos taken
    - GApps included so you do not have to install afterwards (Maps removed, but you can install Maps through the Market, and Talk from post #3)
    - Smooth scrolling in all apps (disabled scrolling cache globally trhoughout the ROM)
    - Always updated base to keep your flashing appetite full :)

All other addons/tweaks are exactly the same in the two branches, its just a matter of personal taste

Credits:
    - Huge thanks to Vorbeth who started the CM9 builds for the Sensation!
    - thanks to Pongster for the whole idea of creating a minimalistic yet usable build, I used to run his HyperDroidGBX when I still had my HD2... :D
    - thanks to nitr8 and insanity ROM (SGS2) for the ideas and a couple of icons/theme images
    - thanks to ljankok for the friendship in cooking
    - thanks to vladnosferatu for the tweaks
    - thanks to crypted for the AGPS patch
    - thanks to septix for the excellent banners
    - thanks to splder for the volume adjustments and the bootanimation
    - thanks to AndroidON for the smooth scrolling fix and the volume steps mod HERE
    ROM Releases

1. When you are finished setting up the device, do a normal reboot and then you will have normal operations!
    2. I have deleted a number of apps so that the ROM can be as lean and minimalistic as possible. If you find you need any apps that I have deleted, go to post #3 (Addons and Extras) and you will most likely find the app you need there! :)

HyperSensationICS v0.1 changelog, released 2012.03.21.

- New: KANG of Vorbeth's 2012-03-20 build
    - Update: Includes latest GAPPS 20120317
    - Fix: Lossless JPEG compression in photos
    - Fix: Removed scrolling cache from framework.jar for butter smooth scrolling
    - Update: added a few init.d tweaks for faster operations
    - Update: Nova Launcher included as default launcher
    - Update: hosts file
    - Update: gps.conf for better AGPS usability
    - Removed: a lot of unneeded things to make the ROM ultra light, so you can build it the way you want to

Download HERE
    Addons / extras

For ICS only (HyperSensation ICS versions):

Exchange and Email (stock ICS) apps found HERE (thanks to calvin150)
    Talk app found HERE (thanks to calvin150)
    Addon patch (misc stuff) HERE (thanks to splder for the compilation)

For Gingerbread base only (HyperSensation up until 1.8):

You can flash the following via CWM:

CM7 Stock Email - download HERE
    Google Talk (with video chat) - download HERE
    FM Radio - download HERE
    LatinIME (with predictive texting) - download HERE
    News and Weather widget - download HERE
    Search Button addon - download HERE
    SIM Tool Kit - download HERE
    Stock CM7 theme - download HERE
    Stock CM7 wallpapers - download HERE
    Theme Chooser - download HERE
    TTS Patch - download HERE
    Wifi Calling - download HERE

Adb push the following files to /system/app

Google Talk (without video chat) - download HERE
    Live Wallpapers Picker - download HERE
    FAQ

Q: I get "Your device is not supported" in Market, even if I have LCD Density set to 240.

Background:

If your LCD density is NOT 240 (which is stock), then when you try to get an app from the Market, it will say "Your device is not supported".
    The bummer is that the Market App remembers this, even if you flash the 240 stock LCD density patch.

A:

1. Flash the 240 LCD Density patch
    2. Go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All
    3. Select Market
    4. Select "Clear Data" under Market

You can now download the apps...

Q: I get FC's on writing any text, using the "M" version.
    A: Disable predictive text in Language & Keyboard settings, because to save ~10Mb space I have deleted all dictionaries from the ROM.

Q: How can I have predictive text in the Minimalistic version?
    A: It was deleted to make the ROM as lean as possible. You can download the original LatinIME.apk needed in the Addons section in post #3. Adb push the extracted file to /system/app and reboot.

Q: Issues with vibration not working? answer is provided thanks to SlwDrvr!
    A: Ok so for those that are having vibration problems like I am. Here's the fix. Settings > Profiles > Make your own profile or you can change up the default > scroll down to the bottom "Application Groups" > select the ones you want to change or have vibration for > so for example SMS you will see Vibrate Mode on the bottom, second to last, select it and choose ON. do the rest for the other application groups and vibrate will work. for sure.

Q: How can I optimize battery life?
    A: Do at least 2 full charge cycles to really measure battery life: flash the ROM, charge to full, let it drop below 15%, charge to full, let it drop below 15%, charge to full, and then evaluate.

Q: What dialer should you use?
    A: If you do not like the default dialer and miss the T9 dialer from Sense, the 2 best dialers are (both free on the market) Dialer One and TouchPal Dialer. I prefer Dialer One as that blends in just nicely with my black theme I am using.
    Dear All,

Kristof