Football Manager Handheld

Search This thread

varsas

Oct 24, 2011
Football Manager is finally making it's way from iOS to Android! It'll be out on Wednesday and needs support and feedback to get a skin to fit our tablets! If your a fan of the old Championship Manager series it's a lot like the versions from 2001 in terms of complexity. I played the original iOS release and thought it was superb.

Last edited:

Marc Vaughan

Apr 9, 2012
To clarify - the game will be released on wednesday and will work fine on any device with Android 2.2 (or above) and a resolution of 480x320 (or above).

However on certain devices it won't be wholly full-screen, that is it'll centralize the largest skin available within the devices screen (it can't stretch the user interface as it makes the text rendering look horribly blurry).

Post release we'll be listening to feedback from users and will create additional skins based upon the most popular requests from our user-base.

Hope this helps,

Marc Vaughan - Sports Interactive Ltd

choccy31

Oct 16, 2009
Marc.

The game basically stays in the middle of the screen leaving large black border around all sides.

Deffo could use a skin to expand out onto the screen.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

To clarify - the game will be released on wednesday and will work fine on any device with Android 2.2 (or above) and a resolution of 480x320 (or above).

However on certain devices it won't be wholly full-screen, that is it'll centralize the largest skin available within the devices screen (it can't stretch the user interface as it makes the text rendering look horribly blurry).

Post release we'll be listening to feedback from users and will create additional skins based upon the most popular requests from our user-base.

Hope this helps,

lexouille

Jan 17, 2012
Paris
This game is awesome !

I did the first 3 challenges (save the club from relegation, finish the season with most of the player being hurt, and finish the season with many player unhappy) Great great game !

I hope that further updates will includes some new scenarii... i've to admit those first 3 were pretty easy using Man City due to the amount of International player they have.

I'll give it another try with another club to make it more difficult.

Marc Vaughan

Apr 9, 2012
The game basically stays in the middle of the screen leaving large black border around all sides.
Deffo could use a skin to expand out onto the screen.

Just to let you know there will be a skin for HD Tablets (and all being well larger phone resolutions) available in the first update for the game.

I haven't set a firm release date for the update yet - but I've started a thread showing whats in it and some rough plans about it on the sigames.com forums if anyone wants more information about it.

Hope this helps,

njbuzz

Feb 5, 2012
sounds great. I just downloaded it on Saturday and already have over a day and a half of gameplay. very addictive.

Marc Vaughan

Apr 9, 2012
We're pleased to announce that the second update for Android (3.5) has been released!

The update includes 2 new purchasable scenarios, for more information check out the Store in-game.

See below for the changelist.

#3.5a - Second Android Update
Fix rare crash on starting with specific devices due to language setting
Allow warning if game started on non-supported resolution devices
Fix poor layout of physio reports when players are injured
Added no interest news when offering players to club
Improve movement of withdrawn strikers
Tweak defensive positioning against narrow formations
Exit button restored to start page
Additional Purchasable Scenarios Added
Stop players moaning for a new contract if they've only just joined club
Various match improvements based on community feedback