[TOOL] ROOT for Razr HD - Verizon XT925/XT926

Search This thread

TruEastSydeBoi

Jan 10, 2011
Root is already available for the Motorola Razr HD & Maxx!

I grabbed this from the Razr M forums, it will work for a variety of new Motorola Devices.

Instructions:
  1. Download
  2. Unzip
  3. Install Motorola Drivers
  4. Enable USB Debugging on Phone
  5. Plug Into PC
  6. Run The Batch File "Run"
  7. Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish
  8. Enjoy and Hope for some Developers to Pick Up This Phone to Rom

**UPDATE**JellyBean OTA In order to update to the latest OTA without losing root you need to:

• Be Rooted on ICS
  • Use VooDoo Rootkeeper to do the following
  1. Protect Root
  2. Temp Unroot
  3. Take the JB OTA
  4. Restore Root

Enjoy being both on the latest and rooted. Remember, do not just take the update without doing both those two things as there is no root exploit currently available for JB.

This is a one-click-method so all you have to do is the prerequisites and it will do the rest for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How to Unroot:
Thanks shabbypenguin for posting this.

You can manually unroot your Droid by using a root file manager program (such as root explorer) and mountsystem as R/W. Then delete the following:

/system/app/Superuser.apk
/system/bin/su
and if it has it
/system/xbin/su

Downloads:
Here's the link to the drivers: Motorola Drivers
Root File is attached to the Post, but here are some Mirrors:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

Rooting your phone works whether you have the Developer version or not.

Hit thanks if this made you happy!

Screenie:
Screenie%20of%20Razr%20HD%20Root.png

*Disclaimer: This root exploit was created by Dan Rosenburg and not myself, so I take no credit in creating it . You are only hitting "Thanks" for me sharing this root method and simple guide on the appropriate forum.*

Last edited:

nostra

Aug 14, 2007
Can I use this for Razr Maxx HD? Looking at the system info it seems so but I don't want to assume!

nascar3n88

Nov 30, 2011
I used it to root my Razr Maxx HD with no problems!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

jimmydafish

Nov 10, 2007

I grabbed this from the Razr M forums, it will work for a variety of new Motorola Devices.

Instructions:
  1. Download
  2. Unzip
  5. Plug Into PC
  6. Charge Only Mode
  7. Run The Batch File "Run"
  8. Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish
  9. Enjoy and Hope for some Developers to Pick Up This Phone to Rom

This is a one-click-method so all you have to do is the prerequisites and it will do the rest for you.

Downloads:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

*Disclaimer: This root exploit was created by Dan Rosenberg and not myself, so I take no credit in creating it . You are only hitting "Thanks" for me sharing this root method and simple guide on the appropriate forum.*

Let me fix your post so you can see how this should look.

You dropped his paypal and never linked to his original post. This is very bad form. The person who rooted your device spent a great deal of time in doing so and deserves the recognition from doing so. not some tiny ass print at the bottom like an after thought. I mean really the creator of the root gets the tiniest font at the bottom. Terrible.

This is a proper posting FYI.

Dan (@djrbliss) has posted the root method.

http://xdaforums.com/show...05&postcount=1

Despite my strong belief that people who are interested in rooting should buy devices with unlocked bootloaders instead of expecting the magical hackers in the sky to give out free exploits (which are in short supply), I'm once again continuing to encourage bad behavior by publishing another root exploit:

http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail2go_windows.zip

Instructions:

1. Download and extract the entire zip file.

2. Ensure your device is connected via USB and that you have installed the latest ADB drivers from Motorola.

3. Double-click "run.bat" and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. The exploit will ask you to press a button combination at one point.

If the exploit prints an error saying something like "run-as: Package 'com.motorola.bug2go' is unknown", then unfortunately you will have to wipe your data and cache partitions and try again.

This exploit should work on the Razr M, Atrix HD, Photon Q, Razr i (you might need to replace some of the binaries with x86 versions?), and the upcoming Razr HD.

Paypal:
http://goo.gl/zBGb0

bogeydog

Jul 26, 2011
Trouble

I have followed the root directions on my HD Maxx with update. I get errors when running the script that says adp is unknown command. It also says to run a bug report but I dont see anything happens. A few basic questions:

1) Do I DL drivers to phone or computer?
2) I assume other downloads are on PC.

TruEastSydeBoi

Jan 10, 2011
I have followed the root directions on my HD Maxx with update. I get errors when running the script that says adp is unknown command. It also says to run a bug report but I dont see anything happens. A few basic questions:

1) Do I DL drivers to phone or computer?
2) I assume other downloads are on PC.

To your computer silly :p. They're so you're computer can recognize your phone. Yes, everything is done from your PC

Arhtard

Aug 7, 2011
Salt Lake City
remember back in the gingerbread/froyo days and using superoneclick to root?
it had a shell root option, you could shell root, then use commands to remove apps or whatever through adb shell commands... without actually rooting the phone and having superuser installed... reboot the phone and its like your phone was never rooted... corporate apps and others like netflix would work because your phone wasnt rooted... with isis wallet out now, i'm wondering:

is there a way to shell root our razr hd without actually rooting permanently?

the reason is, i'd like to remove all this forced bloat from verizon and not be rooted so i can still use stuff like isis wallet, and my companys app, both won't work on a rooted phone.

thanks in advance

Jaba04

Apr 11, 2009
Hi,
it's possible to root the leak jelly bean 4.1.1...on the french carrier "sfr" ????
And if it's possible, it's the same technic that the original rom ICS ????
Thanks

jaxgmfb

Dec 22, 2011
J'Ville
help

Could someone make this a little easier for a noob....i just came from a DX2 and i need to root this phone....do i download to the computer and run the bat file or the phone..?? It keeps telling adb not reconized...!!! i dont think my drivers r installing on my computer ,,,,it say MTP failed....

Last edited:

n0m0n

Dec 3, 2009
HERE
This is probably a stupid question, but since I am stuck...
Is that PC only?
I only have a iMAC at this moment.

Are then any OSX root options?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Instructions:
    1. Download
    2. Unzip
    5. Plug Into PC
    6. Run The Batch File "Run"
    7. Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish
    8. Enjoy and Hope for some Developers to Pick Up This Phone to Rom

**UPDATE**JellyBean OTA In order to update to the latest OTA without losing root you need to:

• Be Rooted on ICS
    • Use VooDoo Rootkeeper to do the following
    1. Protect Root
    2. Temp Unroot
    3. Take the JB OTA
    4. Restore Root

Enjoy being both on the latest and rooted. Remember, do not just take the update without doing both those two things as there is no root exploit currently available for JB.

How to Unroot:
    Thanks shabbypenguin for posting this.

You can manually unroot your Droid by using a root file manager program (such as root explorer) and mountsystem as R/W. Then delete the following:

/system/app/Superuser.apk
    /system/bin/su
    and if it has it
    /system/xbin/su

Downloads:
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Hit thanks if this made you happy!

Screenie:
    Screenie%20of%20Razr%20HD%20Root.png

*Disclaimer: This root exploit was created by Dan Rosenburg and not myself, so I take no credit in creating it . You are only hitting "Thanks" for me sharing this root method and simple guide on the appropriate forum.*

Instructions:
    1. Download
    2. Unzip
    5. Plug Into PC
    6. Charge Only Mode
    7. Run The Batch File "Run"
    8. Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish
    9. Enjoy and Hope for some Developers to Pick Up This Phone to Rom

Downloads:
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

*Disclaimer: This root exploit was created by Dan Rosenberg and not myself, so I take no credit in creating it . You are only hitting "Thanks" for me sharing this root method and simple guide on the appropriate forum.*

Let me fix your post so you can see how this should look.

You dropped his paypal and never linked to his original post. This is very bad form. The person who rooted your device spent a great deal of time in doing so and deserves the recognition from doing so. not some tiny ass print at the bottom like an after thought. I mean really the creator of the root gets the tiniest font at the bottom. Terrible.

This is a proper posting FYI.

Dan (@djrbliss) has posted the root method.

http://xdaforums.com/show...05&postcount=1

Despite my strong belief that people who are interested in rooting should buy devices with unlocked bootloaders instead of expecting the magical hackers in the sky to give out free exploits (which are in short supply), I'm once again continuing to encourage bad behavior by publishing another root exploit:

http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail2go_windows.zip

Instructions:

1. Download and extract the entire zip file.

2. Ensure your device is connected via USB and that you have installed the latest ADB drivers from Motorola.

3. Double-click "run.bat" and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. The exploit will ask you to press a button combination at one point.

If the exploit prints an error saying something like "run-as: Package 'com.motorola.bug2go' is unknown", then unfortunately you will have to wipe your data and cache partitions and try again.

This exploit should work on the Razr M, Atrix HD, Photon Q, Razr i (you might need to replace some of the binaries with x86 versions?), and the upcoming Razr HD.

Paypal:
    http://goo.gl/zBGb0
    Thanks a lot! it seems to work , but is there any way to check that the phone is really rooted?

There are some apps in the market for that. Search for "root checker"

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium
    You can't install a custom recovery (cwm) and then ota to JB. It has to be completely stock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2