[ROM][4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10 for HTC One XL

Search This thread

xetrev

Jul 30, 2010
FWIW, besides the screen refresh rate annoyance (being fixed) and 480p/1080p vid cam busted (being fixed), its solid.

I've been using it since I made a post about it.

is the refresh rate annoyance the issue that happens in google maps?

where it cuts in and out and does all kinds of odd stuff when zooming in/out

neocryte

Jun 8, 2012
New York City
Made my first foray into CM last night. Tried CM 10.1, but the screen refresh issue was a no-go for me - but CM 10 works great!!

I searched for this in the thread, and it has been asked a few times - but does anyone know what the deal is with the old TV lockscreen animation? Folks say it works sometimes, and sometimes not. When I first installed CM 10, it worked every time I turned off the screen, and now it doesn't work at all... haven't seen it in the last 50+ times I shut off the screen.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

is the refresh rate annoyance the issue that happens in google maps?

Not sure if there's an issue with Google Maps, but to me the screen refresh rate issue is most noticeable on the homescreen/app drawer. As you swipe side to side across screens, you can see the screen being re-drawn - it's not fast enough.

Spike15

Nov 1, 2009
Are the problems with this ROM ever going to be fixed or is it just in a state of being perpetually broken since h8rift is also doing 10.1?

After a few days uptime the battery drain spikes to >10% per hour just sitting on my desk, and hot resets start to happen with great regularity.

There's also an issue where the WiFi randomly cuts out and locks up all data on the phone until WiFi is manually turn off then on again.

All of these have been issues since before Christmas.

Links to pics since the pics were huge for some reason:

Link 1

Link 2

jacobas92

Dec 21, 2010
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Are the problems with this ROM ever going to be fixed or is it just in a state of being perpetually broken since h8rift is also doing 10.1?

After a few days uptime the battery drain spikes to >10% per hour just sitting on my desk, and hot resets start to happen with great regularity.

There's also an issue where the WiFi randomly cuts out and locks up all data on the phone until WiFi is manually turn off then on again.

All of these have been issues since before Christmas.

Links to pics since the pics were huge for some reason:

Link 1

Link 2

Bluetooth
Sync
I'm sure there are others.

You can increase battery life by not running so many background processes. One of them is probably the cause of a wakelock.

eskimochaos

Nov 19, 2007
Jesus. I flashed the latest version of this just this morning coming from CM10.1. Sitting in the exact same spot I went from 1 to full service LTE.

hv6478

Apr 14, 2009
Re: [ROM][4.1.2][WEEKLY] CyanogenMod 10 for HTC One XL

Jesus. I flashed the latest version of this just this morning coming from CM10.1. Sitting in the exact same spot I went from 1 to full service LTE.

Seems odd. Did you manually change the APN setting to the LTE one in Settings > More > Mobile networks? I believe 10.1 doesn't have jt set by default. Only thing I can think of especially if the same radios are being used.

Sent from my CM10ified Beast (a.k.a. HTC One XL)

eskimochaos

Nov 19, 2007
Seems odd. Did you manually change the APN setting to the LTE one in Settings > More > Mobile networks? I believe 10.1 doesn't have jt set by default. Only thing I can think of especially if the same radios are being used.

Sent from my CM10ified Beast (a.k.a. HTC One XL)

Nope. I had LTE service on 10.1 too.

marsyeti

Nov 4, 2012
Pittsburgh

The JB source is out on htcdev, would this ROM update? I'm always having GPS issue don't know what I did wrong.

Sent from my HTC One X

tacitapproval

Jul 1, 2010

I'm pretty sure CM10 is not reporting lte signal properly. Have you looked at the actual signal strength number in the settings to compare?

neocryte

Jun 8, 2012
New York City
On CM10, my battery is draining very quickly - I am down to 60% after 6 hours of usage, with only 30 mins of screen time. The first time I installed and used CM10, it seemed much better. Same build, just installed more apps.

Is there a good way for me to check which apps or system processes are draining my battery?

I only have a Google account set up (no Facebook/Twitter/etc.), and using HD widgets for weather, set to update every 2 hrs. So I wonder if there is something weird going on with an app...

Thanks!

When I look at the History details for battery, I do see a lot of sporadic "Awake" time without the screen on...

The_Zodiac

Aug 28, 2010
Unknown

On CM10, my battery is draining very quickly - I am down to 60% after 6 hours of usage, with only 30 mins of screen time. The first time I installed and used CM10, it seemed much better. Same build, just installed more apps.

Is there a good way for me to check which apps or system processes are draining my battery?

I only have a Google account set up (no Facebook/Twitter/etc.), and using HD widgets for weather, set to update every 2 hrs. So I wonder if there is something weird going on with an app...

Thanks!

When I look at the History details for battery, I do see a lot of sporadic "Awake" time without the screen on...

Cm10 pretty much always has a bunch of wake locks which will hurt your battery life. I believe they are mostly causes by Google maps & Facebook

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

No new weekly builds will be created on get.cm, as we can only have 4.1 or 4.2 and we are already on 4.2.2 nightlies (please see my signature to a link to CM10.1). You can still use CM10 to your heart's content, there just will not be any further builds.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the official Weekly Build of CM10 for the AT&T HTC One X / HTC One XL.

Installation Instructions
    1. Go to http://get.cm/?device=evita and download the latest CM10 weekly.
    2. Locate Gapps via a quick Google search.
    3. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM10 already.
    4. Reboot into recovery and install.

Changelog
    • You can find the latest Changelog here
    *Cough* Anyways! I'm happy that you're accepting input from the community on these issues! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing a more stable new build of this ROM!

On an entirely unrelated note, have you touched FM radio or Google Wallet recently? I'm just curious, having no real need for either myself, but it seems like they were discussed earlier and then sort of dropped.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Well, I put a ton of hours into figuring out Google Wallet....and I'm at a loss currently. I tabled it instead of pounding my head against the wall. I dont know enough about what AT&T does to the NFC Secure element to know if they could have locked it to Isis or not. Part of me believes this, the other part believes that if that was the case, the SGS2 would not have been able to use Gwallet either.

As far as FM Radio goes, there is some other magic we are focusing on first before jumping on this again (put alot of hours into that as well, not nearly as many as Gwallet though).

Right now, the reason no one has seen any new, must have features added in the last bit is because qcom finally open sourced prima_wlan (woo hoo!) so we are getting the ville, jewel, and evita kernels merged into one, rather than three branches. This is very important so we can get this sucker patched up to current day.

Why is this important? This enables us to obtain HW VSYNC (aka Project Butter), HDMI out truly fixed, USB OTG *with* powered 5V out of USB (this means, no more Y cable and no more powered USB hubs to get USB stuff to work!), plus tons of other goodies (Yes, that coveted 100mb of RAM that is allocated for PMEM will finally be freed up for you RAM junkies).

These are huge, and the kernel has pretty much been tabled while we were all piecing together everything else. Now its the main course...so you may feel like 'nothing is getting done' for a little bit. That should be exactly what it should feel like. That means we aren't breaking things while moving to a newer kernel and patching up to the newest.

Thanks for your understanding,
    -h8rift
    Reserved

FAQs
    Q: My paid application (ex Swype, Swiftkey, Beautiful Widgets) is not there/set by default after a reboot.
    A: This is a known Jellybean problem. See here for more details.

Q: Face Unlock isn't working?
    A: Use Formula84's Gapps. You can find them with a quick google search :).

Q: Got wakelocks?
    A: Stop using Facebook and Google Maps. Seriously though, CM10 is not feature complete yet...this stuff is gonna happen.

Q: My signal strength says 4G. Why is there no LTE?
    A: E=Edge, 3G = UMTS, H = HSPA/HSPA+, 4G = LTE

Q: My Notification LEDs dont seem to work right?
    A: Go to Settings -> Display -> Notification LEDs -> Add each application you want to have a notification for -> Set it to green color and long. (thanks to Richard V. for digging through this!)

Shoutouts
    intervigil - Being a freaking genius.
    xkonni - For also being a freaking genius, and making me laugh while I should be working.
    toastcfh - Evo LTE maintainer. All around great guy!
    vinvinvinster - Getting me back into Android development and initial CM9 port!
    rohan - Awesome dude, breaks his back (and his laptop) to bring you guys AOKP.
    dzo - A coding BEAST! Thanks for the camera HAL!

CyanogenMod Wiki
    HTC One XL (evita)
    FYI guys. We've merged into CM mainline now. Waiting to be added to the lunch menu for CM10 nightlies (CM10 Nightlies started today for other devices!) :).

Next things I am trying to tinker with are:

Needed:
    * Video Camera of course

Then:
    * FM Radio
    * Google Wallet
    * Bugs

Thanks,
    -h8
    Guys....relax on GPS. We are looking into the wake lock caused by it. Its writing close to 12k lines per second in log cat while its on.

Personally I never use it, so it didn't cause me any issues.

BTW...next build has camera (including panorama), phone/speaker audio volume, SIM unlock fixes ;). Hope to have this up tonight for you :).

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app