Official Nexus Dock

Search This thread

Chughes13x

Feb 3, 2012
I just ordered one from Adorama. It shipped yesterday and I paid the extra three dollars for 3-5 day shipping. Should be here by Friday! Now I just need to find some speakers...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

aiiee

Mar 4, 2010
I just ordered one from Adorama. It shipped yesterday and I paid the extra three dollars for 3-5 day shipping. Should be here by Friday! Now I just need to find some speakers...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I got some $25/pr Logitechs that sound good behind the head of my bed. Put on Songza's Tropical Rainforest Sounds and driiiiiift away :good:

Tom Fagerland

Dec 13, 2011
As a norwegian, I'm getting pissed off. There's no sign of the dock, and the stores that had it in their systems now show no stock dates.

rastlin

Oct 25, 2006
I agree, there was a HUGE opp loss. When the nexi(?) Line came out all the accessories should of been available at the time of purchase or at very least before holiday season. All this should of been sorted out long time ago. Also there should be more buzz for the accessories for our units. Its not like there is not a demand for the units and soon there will be another new line of nexi coming put this year. I hope that they have all their ducks in a row before launch.......

*steps off soap box...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Tom Fagerland

Dec 13, 2011
I agree, there was a HUGE opp loss. When the nexi(?) Line came out all the accessories should of been available at the time of purchase or at very least before holiday season. All this should of been sorted out long time ago. Also there should be more buzz for the accessories for our units. Its not like there is not a demand for the units and soon there will be another new line of nexi coming put this year. I hope that they have all their ducks in a row before launch.......

*steps off soap box...

First it's nexuses, and second you wouldn't use the plural there, but the rest of your post is good ;)

jenskristian

Dec 5, 2009
Kristiansand
Are there any US retailers that has the dock in stock right now? I know someone staying the US for a couple of weeks, and I'm getting frustrated waiting for it to get in stock in Norway.

wolfvgang

Mar 30, 2008
Agreed!

*steps off soap box...

I totally agree. This is one area where Apple is still better than Google Nexus and every other Android device so far - the ability to get accessories on day one online and in stores. I guess these manufacturers don't want my money? Is it that hard to make accessories available?

Andrew025

Jan 8, 2011
Portland, Or
Tried searching, didn't find an answer...
Anyone who actually managed to get the dock, do you know if it charges and can access USB otg while docked and charging?

ynrozturk

Oct 11, 2012
Istanbul
I totally agree. This is one area where Apple is still better than Google Nexus and every other Android device so far - the ability to get accessories on day one online and in stores. I guess these manufacturers don't want my money? Is it that hard to make accessories available?

Yeah it's really stupid. I mean how hard is it to release a device, a dock, a case all at the same time? It's not freaking brain surgery. Someone goes in to buy a new N7 - chances are high that he/she will also buy a case for it as well. Maybe even the dock. I swear their marketing is horrible, Apple is way ahead of them when it comes to that.

I just complimented Apple on something. I now await the earth to be shifted from it's rotational axis.

purple_duckk

Aug 2, 2012
I answered with ticking the box "For music and media" and selecting OK. Am I the only one with this "no volume controls working" issue?

Apparently the choices are

1. Choose Music and Movies and have no volume control but the output out of the 3.5mm jack in the back of the dock

2. Choose to unclick the Music and Movies box and have volume control but the sound comes out of the tablet speakers.

This makes no sense to me. Why not have the dock output act like the regular headphone output? I have a little desktop speaker I was looking forward to using, but with the way the dock functions I can't just drop it in the dock and play music. Everytime I want to dock and undock I'll have to plug it in and unplug it from the headphone jack. It might not seem like a big difference, but its the difference of just dropping it in and having it work and having to MAKE it work.

Considering it was so late being released and costs so much you would think they would have had a better thought out product. I'm very disappointed.

aiiee

Mar 4, 2010
Apparently the choices are

1. Choose Music and Movies and have no volume control but the output out of the 3.5mm jack in the back of the dock

2. Choose to unclick the Music and Movies box and have volume control but the sound comes out of the tablet speakers.

This makes no sense to me. Why not have the dock output act like the regular headphone output? I have a little desktop speaker I was looking forward to using, but with the way the dock functions I can't just drop it in the dock and play music. Everytime I want to dock and undock I'll have to plug it in and unplug it from the headphone jack. It might not seem like a big difference, but its the difference of just dropping it in and having it work and having to MAKE it work.

Considering it was so late being released and costs so much you would think they would have had a better thought out product. I'm very disappointed.

Output thru the 3.5mm jack is designed to route to powered speakers, which have their own volume control. Why would you need two volume controls for the same speaker?

Top Liked Posts