Goophone i5 MT6575 ROM & 3G fix

Search This thread

CrispHotdog

Mar 8, 2013
Hello all!
So after much careful consideration I've decided to post this thread.

This thread is for all those people with the Goophone that isn't like the others. The ugly duckling - so to speak.
I purchased a goophone i5 from "efit" from dhgate.com after watching mayianjay's Youtube videos.
http://www.dhgate.com/goophone-i5-m...oid-4/p-ff8080813a071f7b013a594a682b5965.html

Unfortunately the phone WASN'T the same as mayianjay's and NONE of his rom's work with this particular model, even further I couldn't find a CWM or TWRP recovery.img anywhere on the internet that was compatible with this phone, so I thought I'd help out my new friends of XDA and provide you guys with as much information as possible.

The phone model information is as follows (according to Android System Info.apk).
Android Version: 4.2.1
CPU: MT6575
CPU Hardware: MT6577
CPU HardwareP1: MT6575
Resolution: 480 x 854
DPI: 240
Brand: MZ
Device: E939
Model:iphone 5

Now, if this is what your phone looks like then I have good news for you - as you are almost certainly wondering where to find a recovery.img - See the attachment below. You will need flash tools which you can downloaded here : http://xdaforums.com/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=10599596, alternatively you can try using MobileUncle. For this particular model you just have to have the phone off before commencing the flash with flash tools.

The recovery image provided comes with TWRP and if it STILL doesn't work for you then your only other option is building your own - which can be found reading my dear friend yuweng's post here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1825722&page=1 - There are alot of tutorials on his post and you can learn much on your endeavor to flashing your phone :victory:

Currently I have been unsuccessful installing any roms as I get "assert failed:write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img")" when trying to install any ROM, which tells me that there are no supported ROMs for this device yet.
ROM's I've tried..

None from Colonelzap's blog work for this model
mayianjay'
XDA-Goophone i5 Lite ROM with the 3g fix also doesn't install.

But fear not. I'll make my own rom fixes if I have too! If you need help with your Goophone I'm happy to assist. Although I haven't gotten quiet there yet I do believe I'm a stone ahead of many others. Also - I have a question to anyone out here who has fixed the 3g connection on the phone, How'd you do it?! :eek:

Attachments

• recovery.img
    4.7 MB · Views: 2,514
  • MT6575_S01_Android_scatter.txt
    349 bytes · Views: 3,885
Last edited:

NorthWind89

Mar 18, 2013
Hello all!

This thread is for all those people with the Goophone that isn't like the others. The ugly duckling - so to speak.
I purchased a goophone i5 from "efit" from dhgate.com after watching mayianjay's Youtube videos.
http://www.dhgate.com/goophone-i5-m...oid-4/p-ff8080813a071f7b013a594a682b5965.html

Unfortunately the phone WASN'T the same as mayianjay's and NONE of his rom's work with this particular model, even further I couldn't find a CWM or TWRP recovery.img anywhere on the internet that was compatible with this phone, so I thought I'd help out my new friends of XDA and provide you guys with as much information as possible.

The phone model information is as follows (according to Android System Info.apk).

Now, if this is what your phone looks like then I have good news for you - as you are almost certainly wondering where to find a recovery.img - See the attachment below. You will need flash tools which you can downloaded here : http://xdaforums.com/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=10599596, alternatively you can try using MobileUncle. For this particular model you just have to have the phone off before commencing the flash with flash tools.

The recovery image provided comes with TWRP and if it STILL doesn't work for you then your only other option is building your own - which can be found reading my dear friend yuweng's post here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1825722&page=1 - There are alot of tutorials on his post and you can learn much on your endeavor to flashing your phone :victory:

Currently I have been unsuccessful installing any roms as I get "assert failed:write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img")" when trying to install any ROM, which tells me that there are no supported ROMs for this device yet.
ROM's I've tried..

mayianjay'

But fear not. I'll make my own rom fixes if I have too! If you need help with your Goophone I'm happy to assist. Although I haven't gotten quiet there yet I do believe I'm a stone ahead of many others. Also - I have a question to anyone out here who has fixed the 3g connection on the phone, How'd you do it?! :eek:

I have the same phone too!
Thanks guy for the hard work.
I'm having no problem with my 3G connection out of the box.
But the GPS is not functioning at all.

darkguy2008

Apr 30, 2011
Heredia
All you need to do is edit the updater-script and remove those assert lines. That won't overwrite boot.img (which contains the kernel) but it'll allow the ROM to finish its install and you can make a try to see if it works or not. Maybe there's another way to flash boot.img...

CrispHotdog

Mar 8, 2013
I have the same phone too!
Thanks guy for the hard work.
I'm having no problem with my 3G connection out of the box.
But the GPS is not functioning at all.

Ah I see, I did hear there was a few GPS bugs but they can be fixed apparently, see that Goophone i5 lite rom thread :) I think this phone has the wrong 3G cell bands for my area (Australia VIC), Even though it says it supports it on the site.. :/ Looks like I'm doomed with the 3G Bug, I've tried copying the APN settings from one phone to another and all. Anyway no problem! :)

yaneeck

Mar 28, 2009
Ah I see, I did hear there was a few GPS bugs but they can be fixed apparently, see that Goophone i5 lite rom thread :) I think this phone has the wrong 3G cell bands for my area (Australia VIC), Even though it says it supports it on the site.. :/ Looks like I'm doomed with the 3G Bug, I've tried copying the APN settings from one phone to another and all. Anyway no problem! :)

I also have this phone. (Goophone i5 which is MZ E939 model) and my 3G is stuck as well. I did the same thing you did friend - copy the APN's from my samsung galaxy which works perfeclty with 3G and APN's setting. When APN's appeared in goophone menu I was able to listed my GSM providers and I could choose this one I have SIM card inside. Neverthless during the connection I recieve "Unable to connect, try again later"

I did some tests using different apps and all shows that 3G 900mhz is working and is ON. But no success in connecting. It is really annoying when you have your smartfon offline - almost useless :(

I have the same problem with custom ROMs too. No way to install them - using ROM manager or SP flash tool. - always some error appears.

taion0704

Oct 13, 2011
stock apk

hi, i have recently rooted this phone and i dumbfoundedly deleted the important apk's that includes the UI and home launcher etc
by any chance anyone may help me copy all the stock apk's and compile them into a zip/rar file for me? =[ would be much apreciated as i am unable to use recovery and updates also.:crying:

NorthWind89

Mar 18, 2013
hi, i have recently rooted this phone and i dumbfoundedly deleted the important apk's that includes the UI and home launcher etc
by any chance anyone may help me copy all the stock apk's and compile them into a zip/rar file for me? =[ would be much apreciated as i am unable to use recovery and updates also.:crying:

Just reset to factory setting and it will come back...
I done that many times already...

zaryan

Oct 14, 2012
Toronto
I have the same phone too

I have the same one from efit, I replaced all apps in system/app by google apps by the following

GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
GoogleServicesFramework.apk
rootexplorer.apk
Vending.apk

DOWNLOAD IT HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?2o838cef8feakno
PS. I rooted the phone before replacing that, using MTKdroidtool

Now I see my phone is slower and the playstore opens but gives me an error when It installs some app (error code 110) which fails eventually.

IF some one can please give me the stock apps in system/app for this phone, I would appreciate.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

I did the same mistake, someone please help me.

Last edited:

zaryan

Oct 14, 2012
Toronto
Ok after a bit of research it turns out, efit has given incorrect information about the phone, the phone isn't goophone, its thunderbird i5

Whoever has the stock rom on thunderbird i5 , just follow the guidelines from the link below

http://d-h.st/d8a

Also share with us, thanks

Last edited:

NorthWind89

Mar 18, 2013
brick

Hey guys,
I wiped my system and now my phone stay in the booting image of the apple logo and I can't do anything...
Please help...

zaryan

Oct 14, 2012
Toronto

Attachments

• do.jpg
    do.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 466

NorthWind89

Mar 18, 2013
Same here, However I'm able to go to recovery menu, I'm using CWM.

Download MtkDroidTools
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1591452&d=1356460323

See image below, that's how you'll go to recovery mode, but we need a ROM to flash :(

atleast you won't stay on the apply logo :p

I got into the recovery mode of TWRP but nothing I can do...
And even funny is that my phone can't detect the SD card...
So even with a ROM also I don't know how to flash it...

zaryan

Oct 14, 2012
Toronto
mayianjay'

I guess we can only use a rom that matches our hardware

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36326293&postcount=180

Anxiously waiting for something, ready to donate as well

yaneeck

Mar 28, 2009
Anybody who blocked phone on apple logo or install wrong ROM or anything please try this solution:

wait till phones battery is fully uncharged then plug the phone to charger wait some minutes and press VOL - (minus) together with power button

After few seconds some menu will appears (more or less RECOVERY look like)

Choose CLEAR FLASH option using "MENU" button...

Phone should starts with factory menu and settings.

I did it about ten times and works perfectly in my goophone e939 or whatever it is...

zaryan

Oct 14, 2012
Toronto
@Yaneeck

Can you please do a favor and get us the following from your working E939

PRELOADER.bin
DSP_BL
UBOOT.img
BOOT.img
RECOVERY.img
SEC_RD
LOGO
ANDROID
CACHE
USRDATA

Thanks a ton, I promise will pay you for this

giuido

Mar 27, 2013
Thunderbird i5

Helle,i need the complete rom for this phone for flash tool,can you help me?
Please write simple english,because my engl. is not so good,
i bougth it from cect shop.
With flash tool hope i can flash it,my backup is without system.img,datta.img and another files.
PRELOADER.bin
DSP_BL
UBOOT.img
BOOT.img
RECOVERY.img
SEC_RD
LOGO
ANDROID
CACHE
USRDATA

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all!

ROM's I've tried..

mayianjay'

Thunderbird i5 cect-shop

Link for zip thunderbird i5
    chinamobiles.org/showthread.php?34208-Thunderbird-I5-cect-shop-nur-noch-recovery-mode&highlight=thunderbird[/url]
    Yes... MTK 6575 1GHZ , RAM 512 MB , 16 GB SD CARD 4.2.1 android, i have bug with andoid and must reinstall the ROM thanks! :)

Yea, that's the one, If your phone turns on and you can actually use the software, then You can help us reach there and when we reach there we can help you :p

I will make a video to show you how to back up and then how to restore.

_______

I was promised by fastcardtech to provide the ROM for thunderbird i5 lte in 3 days, however I don't see any emails yet, I will still keep pushing them, Please I would request each one of you to please force your supplier to provide you the ROM for this phone.

Thank you
    has a recovery for my thunderbird i5 I can not get into recovery mode. you can install a ClockworkMod? which to install? thanks for help

TWRP recovery is attached below, flash using SP flash tool

it can do work close to CWM