Issues with new TWC modem/router

Search This thread

jmikeb92

Feb 23, 2012
Syracuse
Hi all, while thinking that faster internet would be a good thing, it seems that I have managed to break chromecast compatibility with my network. Previously I had a Netgear router that worked perfectly, but when we got an upgrade to TWC's new "Extreme Internet" they installed a new WiFi router/modem hybrid that I cannot seem to connect to. I get the message that it is connected to the network but not the internet. Ap isolation. Is disabled, but I cannot find the plug and play feature anywhere in the network settings. Has anyone found a work around?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
Hi all, while thinking that faster internet would be a good thing, it seems that I have managed to break chromecast compatibility with my network. Previously I had a Netgear router that worked perfectly, but when we got an upgrade to TWC's new "Extreme Internet" they installed a new WiFi router/modem hybrid that I cannot seem to connect to. I get the message that it is connected to the network but not the internet. Ap isolation. Is disabled, but I cannot find the plug and play feature anywhere in the network settings. Has anyone found a work around?

If you can give us the exact make and model we might be able to help more. :)

BTW, TWC changed their policy a few years back and now allow approved customer-owned modems which will save you the modem rental. They used to not charge for the modem rental but also not let you use your own. Installed a Motorola SB6141 for my relative and it's been working great with the Netgear WNDR3700 I put there.

No Chromecast yet because I haven't been by to visit...

shelby04861

Aug 28, 2011
You could always use your own modem with twc, just that most people did not know that. Like previously mentioned, more details are needed in order to further assist you. Make and model(tg862g, ddw3611, dvw32011b???). More than likely you just need to call and talk with level 3 tech support. I personally used my own router behind the modem because I do a bit more than normal with my router.

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch

I went through Hell on Christmas Eve with Time Warner....

They have a new Modem/Router they are using....When connected to a personal Router it does a double Nat translation which really doesn't work at all.
Your lucky if you even get Internet access on a Computer with it.

Check your router and see what IP address it has under internet connection. It should not be 192.168.0.x

If it is not an outside IP you need to call support and tell them you need your Router to breach the Modem and have them shut off all ROUTER capability on their Device so that all it does is pass a public IP to whatever is connected to it.

If you get your phone service from Time Warner as well better call on a Cell Phone because they will drop the phone call the second they mess with their Modem/Router and you will suffer through Groundhog day explaining it to the next guy from scratch!

jmikeb92

Feb 23, 2012
Syracuse
Well guys I solved my own problem in a way. I disabled the wireless broadcast from the TWC Arris router and just connected my old NetGear ( old as in 2 months old) and it seems to work perfectly now. And the installer said, " You won't need to use your old one because this box is like commercial grade bro."

shelby04861

Aug 28, 2011
Glad to hear. The wireless modem you have is indeed a great modem and you could use that alone but it is easier to just use your own. The installer more than likely wasn't on the up and up about the more technical aspects of the modem. You can't knock him for that part as the techs are not trained on a lot of the extra features of the modem. I only know this because I may or may not work for the company(need to keep work out of forums).

Reactions: jmikeb92

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Glad to hear. The wireless modem you have is indeed a great modem and you could use that alone but it is easier to just use your own. The installer more than likely wasn't on the up and up about the more technical aspects of the modem. You can't knock him for that part as the techs are not trained on a lot of the extra features of the modem. I only know this because I may or may not work for the company(need to keep work out of forums).
    I only know this because I may or may not work for the company(need to keep work out of forums).
    I usually go with "I have a lot of experience with these products" ;)