[Q] [q] xperia p wont power on !!

Search This thread

xxHk

Mar 31, 2014
New Delhi
My Xperia P is not powering on.
Yesterday i was installing custom kernel on it. But I missed one important point in the flashing of the cyanogenmod kernel, and ended with a BOOT lOOP. So i removed the battery in order for not to wait for several hours to let the battery die. :D
Then i fastbooted the phone and flashed stock firmware using Flashtool. The only problem is that now it wont power on. No display. NO vibration. NO hard reset thing. NO soft reset. The device is not responding at all. If I connect it to the PC or wall outlet, red led comes, and after 5 mins or so, it goes off. :eek: :confused:
I thought i messed up with the kernel or so, so I with the help of rubber band trick, manged to get into flash mode, and re flashed the system with the stock rom.
But AGAIN IT WONT POWER On ! no matter how long i press the pOWer ON key, it wont respond. :crying:
what should i do now ?? please help me.. ! :(

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
There was no need to remove the battery.
Long press power + volume up until you feel (1+) 3 vibrations to turn the phone off.
The 1 vibration is a hard reset but it won't always happen.

Hamza Murad

Sep 30, 2013
Lahore
Battery is probably fully drained. You shouldn't have removed it. Connect it to the wall charger for 2-3 hours.
Then

--+ redownload ftf from different source and try flashing again.

OR

--+ Download official flashtool from sony website and flash phone with that.

I prefer option 2 as it hardly ever fails.

DID YOU UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER?

Reactions: xxHk

xxHk

Mar 31, 2014
New Delhi
Battery is probably fully drained. You shouldn't have removed it. Connect it to the wall charger for 2-3 hours.
Then

OR

Well Hamzaa Murad, you were right. Battery was fully drained. Well, I left it to wall socket for over a night, but it didnt charged. Somehow, the Rubber Band trick worked and i was able to flash the phone using flashtool !
Ty for the suggestion. :good::laugh::D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Then

OR