[INDEX] AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 All-In-One Resource Thread!

Search This thread

asgruwell

Jul 3, 2014
HELP PLEASE! ever since i rooted and flashed my phone, id say roughly 95% of the time, i have to do a reboot when starting my truck as my bluetooth appears to be connected and you see the music "playing back" on the device, but no sound. ive tried turning off/on bluetooth via navigation panel, toggling between AM/FM radio then reselecting bluetooth audio, killing the app (beats music) and restarting it, etc...all at once and at combinations of any of the above and the absolute only way to regain sound through the vehicle speakers is to reboot my device. this never occurred until the root. what the hell is wrong?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

tropazr

Aug 26, 2008
Columbus
HELP PLEASE! ever since i rooted and flashed my phone, id say roughly 95% of the time, i have to do a reboot when starting my truck as my bluetooth appears to be connected and you see the music "playing back" on the device, but no sound. ive tried turning off/on bluetooth via navigation panel, toggling between AM/FM radio then reselecting bluetooth audio, killing the app (beats music) and restarting it, etc...all at once and at combinations of any of the above and the absolute only way to regain sound through the vehicle speakers is to reboot my device. this never occurred until the root. what the hell is wrong?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

Please post your question in the Q&A. You will not get any responses here unfortunately.

fleetwod

Sep 2, 2013
Austin
I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to put this thread together. As a newb, It has helped me out a bunch of times when I wanted to change something of thought I had fried my phone. :good:

martinsuxmx

Sep 2, 2014
unroot note 3

If i want to return to the original stock??? Take out the root... i got a note 3 at&t but im in mexico using at iusacell, the problem is that the device has a diferent imei than the print, and i dont know if i unroot this thing i will lose the unlock. PLEASE help me, i used to had iphoen and i had never had an android :S

mushtie2

Mar 16, 2008
Pittsburgh
Noob need help

Hi

I have a few issues and please bare with me as im a bit of a noob.

i have a At&t Note 3 first i rooted with towelroot.com

and then i installed safestrap 3.75 and installed Alliance Rom over the stock ROM slot, now iv been having alot of problems with this ROM like crashes when opening bluetooth or changing themes and all icons on drop down menu are lit, anyways i want get rid of this ROM, i humbly ask how do i do that as i dont have a Stock ROM, and how would I install the stock back anyway, or should i just install another ROM. im confused.

your help is highly appreciated.

regards

Birbey

Dec 20, 2008
I use dynamic kat rom and very happy with it just clean all dalvik cach, data and put at the same slot like u did this one.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

jae2014

Apr 16, 2014
Anyone know where I can find the stock firmware for that galaxy note 3 for att? I read the OP but it didn't provide any links or guides for the official stock firmware for note 3.

I guess it could be that it hasn't been updated since the summer.

GreaseM0nk

Jun 24, 2014
Anyone know where I can find the stock firmware for that galaxy note 3 for att? I read the OP but it didn't provide any links or guides for the official stock firmware for note 3.

I guess it could be that it hasn't been updated since the summer.

Check out carl1961's post on using the Odin method... I have done it twice now and it is about as stock as it gets. This is the KitKat/NC2 files if that matters to you.

Good luck.

Reactions: jae2014

TenaciousB06

Mar 11, 2011
Is it worth rooting and flashing a different ROM now, given that an official Lollipop build is just around the corner? I just got a used AT&T Note 3 with 4.4.2 on it, but if a whole bunch of changes are going to be made to the fundamental system (e.g. device encryption, possible new kernel), would I just have to undo all the work I just did to allow for the official 5.0 ROM to install?

AT&T Note 3 Android 5.0

I just switched from AT&T to T-Mobile, so AT&T "unlocked" my phone if that makes any difference. Regardless, I would like to root my phone so I can remove the AT&T bloatware. Can I root an Android 5.0 phone? I see no guides for 5.0 devices.

Also, considering flashing a custom ROM, but wanted to ask if doing so is going to erase all my personal info? I've got apps on this device that have info I need to keep... Is there any way to flash a custom ROM and keep my data?

Thanks!!

TAP

TheAngelicOne

Apr 3, 2016
I just switched from AT&T to T-Mobile, so AT&T "unlocked" my phone if that makes any difference. Regardless, I would like to root my phone so I can remove the AT&T bloatware. Can I root an Android 5.0 phone? I see no guides for 5.0 devices.

Also, considering flashing a custom ROM, but wanted to ask if doing so is going to erase all my personal info? I've got apps on this device that have info I need to keep... Is there any way to flash a custom ROM and keep my data?

Thanks!!

TAP
It's definitely possible to root on Lollipop but you'd have to downgrade to Kitkat to actually do the rooting. After you do the rooting in Kitkat, you would install Safestrap. After you do that, you boot into Safestrap and install a pre-rooted Lollipop ROM and OC1 kernel. Then boot into rooted Lollipop! Keep in mind that all this is for the ATT Galaxy Note 3. You wouldn't have to go through all this hassle with a Galaxy Note 3 that has an unlocked bootloader.

Reactions: di0__0ib

Crxssroad

Jan 28, 2016
Boston
Heya everyone!

I was trying to play Pokemon Go but I found out it only supports Android 4.4+ and by some cruel twist of fate I'm on4.3. I'm trying to figure out how to get to 4.4(or any other supported version) while still maintaining root(I need it because I'm on MetroPCS rather than AT&T and I have to use a root required app to use their service). I tried un-rooting and using the OTA update but that was a complete failure. Restored root with safestrap and I've been stuck in a rut since. I tried the guide in the first post, but the thread it links too is missing a file so that's basically a no go.

hsHaw1P.jpg

If this info is relevant, I originally rooted my phone using this guide: http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/10/how-to-root-at-galaxy-note-3.html
Ever since I've installed xposed, a couple modules and loaded safestrap(thank God because I'd be so effed without this right now) onto it. Oh and I have yet to trip Knox.

Could anyone guide me through the steps or point me to the appropriate thread? I can follow instructions pretty well, as long as I can understand. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts