Bricked my lg optimus 2x

Search This thread

randomsnes

Jul 9, 2011
Hello, i bricked my lg optimus 2x by somehow, and i've read some on the forums and it keeps popping up that NVflash is the way to go. But the problem is nothing happens when i do it :confused: No reboot etc... It do react and say: S/W upgrade...

Also when i try to boot phone nothing happens, it is all black and no reponse... So what should i do :(? I got no NAndroid backup etc

zebbe77

Dec 30, 2010
Try to install the LG drivers again and hopefully that helps finding COM-port

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

Sckank

Jul 7, 2010
Florø
All of u is wrong. You have to use the method when you're holding vol up and vol down together. If u wait 'til I come home I can give you a link how its done.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

zebbe77

Dec 30, 2010
All of u is wrong. You have to use the method when you're holding vol up and vol down together. If u wait 'til I come home I can give you a link how its done.

Well I assume that he read the instructions before he started, anyway here is the link using nvflash:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1007825&highlight=nvflash

Link using smartflash:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1008070
youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCHRwKGTZTk

And firmwares:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1035041

Hopefully you be up and running again :D

Last edited:

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com

The vol up + down method is used for NVflashing.

I used Smartflash so I didn't need to do that.

@random: Aside for checking for LG USB drivers, make sure that you have the battery pulled out, and you are plugging the phone to the PC with the volume down pressed.

randomsnes

Jul 9, 2011
smartflash

but it doesnt react to the volume down : P since what i've understand is that it should pop up a the LG bootup thingy
And it doesnt.... The only thing the phone reacts to is when i try to NVflash... but the nvflash seems to fail all the time by some reason :S in the middle of everything

randomsnes

Jul 9, 2011
Wonder

i wonder how i smartflash then....
/watch?v=uCHRwKGTZTk] i followed that one, but he's phone react with a LG logo when he puts cable in and press vol down... Mine doesn't : (

randomsnes

Jul 9, 2011
Tried...

Yes, i have tried the other usb ports at the back and no im not on xp... Im on Vista
64bit.... It feels like i've tried everything that is possible.... So i wonder if there is any hope at all... Or could i turn it back and hopefully get it fixed ? Or will they be able to see what happend etc...:confused::(

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
Yes, i have tried the other usb ports at the back and no im not on xp... Im on Vista
64bit.... It feels like i've tried everything that is possible.... So i wonder if there is any hope at all... Or could i turn it back and hopefully get it fixed ? Or will they be able to see what happend etc...:confused::(

Thing is, if you have tried everything on your end, I guess there's no other thing to do but return it to the shop. I hope you have warranty.

Vidroid

Apr 1, 2011

Since you got to the S/W upgrade screen on NVflash, your phone can't be totally dead. Try another PC or redownload the flash file, it could be corrupted.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

Reactions: randomsnes

K.D.M.

Aug 12, 2010
Wageningen
Since you got to the S/W upgrade screen on NVflash, your phone can't be totally dead. Try another PC or redownload the flash file, it could be corrupted.

He is right. I always use my laptop for nv and smartflash. I cant seem to get it to work on my desktop.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

d00lar

Jul 7, 2011
i had also problems when i tryied to flash thru usb hub

dirrect connection to usb is working great for me

randomsnes

Jul 9, 2011
Yepp, ty : ) trying another computer actually worked, i didnt belive that it would but... TY alot guys: ) you all saved my and thanks for all the help

tom5395

Jul 15, 2011
hey guys i m a bit of a noob and i bricked my phone, well i think i did. when i turn it on it comes up with lg logo and the bar across the bottom stops. i tried to hard reset it but that didnt work either. im really worried and dont know what to do with the nv flash and stuff can you please help. it would be much appreciated.

torespen

hey guys i m a bit of a noob and i bricked my phone, well i think i did. when i turn it on it comes up with lg logo and the bar across the bottom stops. i tried to hard reset it but that didnt work either. im really worried and dont know what to do with the nv flash and stuff can you please help. it would be much appreciated.

Dont worry, you probably DIDNT brick it :)
Search for smartflash and NVflash, smartflash should probably do the trick in this case, but in a few cases u need to use NVflash.

But try smartflash first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.