Just got an OTA update

Search This thread
I just got a new OTA update. It is still showing 3.1, but the build is now 8.4.4.11-20110711.

If you can't get the update to flash successfully try this method below.

www.mediafire.com/?nj4zf138i2vffr5

I'm running the rooted stock 3.1, prefer not to have to restore to get this to work. Hoping to get a version that doesn't brick me.

The link above has the file.

I renamed dlpkgfile.zip to EP101_SDUPDATE.zip and moved it to root on microSD card. Power off eeepad then hold volume down & power button. Then press volume up when you see the text on the top left of the screen. It'll install the update. I'm now on 8.4.4.11. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyrim

Jun 29, 2011
Same here, now when i power on the tablet say on the boot screen, asus powered by nvidia tegra

xTRICKYxx

Jun 30, 2011
Jericho
www.youtube.com
I cannot install the update. When it reboots to install, I get the Android thingy with a big yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it. I suppose the reason I cannot install is because I am running Netformer 1.5.

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
run aLogCat and get the OTA link please.
When/if you see the notification that you have an update available -- stop everything and run the aLogcat app.
Send the log file to yourself via email (that's built into the app)
Look through the log file on your computer, searching for a URL
Try any URL's that you find on your computer's browser
When you find one that downloads a zip file, save the zip file to your computer
Shout from the rooftops, and share that URL
Then upload and mirror it somewhere
or if you want you can just email me the log file and ill obtain the OTA link. pm me if you want my email to email it to.

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
i need this.... only bad thing about root and custom roms... say goodbye to ota, thanks to you guys we can get it though...

If people stop accepting the OTA / ignoring me and did what I said in the previous post about aLogCat I could go into the zip and dig some things out of it for rooted/custom ROM'd users.

Just do it before you actually take the OTA. It will be most appreciated.

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
How do you run logcat from the terminal or adb?

I'm running a rooted stock ROM and the OTA is downloading now...

just download aLogCat from the market

When/if you see the notification that you have an update available -- stop everything and run the aLogcat app.
Send the log file to yourself via email (that's built into the app)
Look through the log file on your computer, searching for a URL
Try any URL's that you find on your computer's browser
When you find one that downloads a zip file, save the zip file to your computer
Shout from the rooftops, and share that URL
Then upload and mirror it somewhere
you can send the log to yourself or me via menu -> share
if you want to give it to me, inbox me and ill give you my email

or you can hit menu -> save and upload the .txt in /sdcard/alogcat/ via attachment on XDA or where ever you want.

D

diversificationied

I don't know, if the posters here are to be believed, Asus has already abandoned the TF.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got a new OTA update. It is still showing 3.1, but the build is now 8.4.4.11-20110711.

If you can't get the update to flash successfully try this method below.

I'm running the rooted stock 3.1, prefer not to have to restore to get this to work. Hoping to get a version that doesn't brick me.

I renamed dlpkgfile.zip to EP101_SDUPDATE.zip and moved it to root on microSD card. Power off eeepad then hold volume down & power button. Then press volume up when you see the text on the top left of the screen. It'll install the update. I'm now on 8.4.4.11. Cheers.
    Hello,

I have been following this thread because I also had the same problem, the exclamation mark dude!

My transformer was rooted (pure method) when the updated appeared to me and failed for the first time.
    I unrooted and still error, reverted completely to stock and nothing. Aplyed the asus 8.4.4.5 update and still couldn't flash the 8.4.4.11 update.

Today I done it! One thing I made different was the name of the file, used 'EP101_SDUPDATE.ZIP' instead of 'EP101_SDUPDATE.zip'.
    Don't know if it makes a difference or it was just lucky.

My transformer is WW version and used the update provided by tatoone in here

Hope this help someone

If i try to install it with CWM i have this error:
    --Installing: /sdcard/dlpkgfile.zip
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    file_getprop: failed to stat " /system/build.prop": No such file or directory
    E:Error in /sdcard/dlpkgfile.zip
    (staus 7)
    Installation aborted.

So what i have to do? (i returned with stock kernel before try this..now i'm on stock ROM with Root).

the video app is google movies

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk