[Q] Desire S dialing Contacts Automatically

Search This thread

fahdeen

Jul 21, 2011
Hello everybody. I had gifted my Dad a Desire S on his birthday. After a month of use he came back to me saying that the phone is dialing contacts by itself without his knowledge. This is because the people call back saying they got a call from him when he didn't even dial their nos. I checked plenty of times and used the phone myself to see if the problem repeated. but it never happened.

Then once after I had finished a call on it i put down the phone, it just started dialing some random no. And NO there is no accidental key press.

Anybody having this same problem and solved it?? If so please tell me.

D

Deleted member 2496007

Sound fishy. Fists thing to do would be to rule out a dogdey app with a trojan. Instal and run Lookout Mobile Security from market. Does that find any culprits?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

fahdeen

Jul 21, 2011
ok I will check that....but before i do it...can you tell me how to check using lookout mobile security? is it just like a virus scanner?

sorry....this is the first time I'm using an android phone! :)

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Hello everybody. I had gifted my Dad a Desire S on his birthday. After a month of use he came back to me saying that the phone is dialing contacts by itself without his knowledge. This is because the people call back saying they got a call from him when he didn't even dial their nos. I checked plenty of times and used the phone myself to see if the problem repeated. but it never happened.

Then once after I had finished a call on it i put down the phone, it just started dialing some random no. And NO there is no accidental key press.

Anybody having this same problem and solved it?? If so please tell me.

After running above recommendation from wnp_79 I'd be tempted to perform a full factory reset and then run the phone without as few as possible installed applications apart from those used and recommended by everyone and only those installed from market (with the exception of swype if he uses that). If you can't decide if an application is one of these then don't install it.

Watch to see if the problem still happens.....

D

Deleted member 2496007

ok I will check that....but before i do it...can you tell me how to check using lookout mobile security? is it just like a virus scanner?

sorry....this is the first time I'm using an android phone! :)

Yes is a good free virus scanner. The paid version adds real time web browsing protection if you use the stock browser. Get it here...

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

fahdeen

Jul 21, 2011
hi guys just reporting back.....did all of the above.....the same problem returns.....finally i installed a call confirmation app......but now it asks "do you want to call this no?" anyways it doesn't dial the no automatically.
Can this be because of the touch screen sensitivity?

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
hi guys just reporting back.....did all of the above.....the same problem returns.....finally i installed a call confirmation app......but now it asks "do you want to call this no?" anyways it doesn't dial the no automatically.
Can this be because of the touch screen sensitivity?

I would have yes, if he put the phone unlocked into a pocket and it occurred, but above you state that the phone did it while untouched so NO.

I'd return the phone and attempt to claim a replacement under warranty! make a video - if possible of the phone doing it - so they believe you!