[Q] Need RUU for CID HTC_K18

Search This thread

itzik-g

Dec 22, 2005
Hi,
Cant find the RUU for CID HTC_K18 and each RUU i am trying to flash is stuck at error 158
Anyone can help finding the RUU for HTC_K18 or advise how change the CID so i can flash another RUU?
Thanks !

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Can't change cid on a s-on device. As for the ruu,it needs to match the main number.

Fastboot getvar-main

If there is not a ruu at androidruu.com you have to go back to stock with a nandroid backup. There is a backup collection thread in the general section.

Reactions: itzik-g

itzik-g

Dec 22, 2005
if i run "fastboot getvar all" what i get is :
version-main: 4.20.461.2
while my HBOOT is 1.73.0000
based on that can you help direction me which RUU should i flash ?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
No ruu at all. Not possible ! Only a nandroid backup can save you.

Or install a custom rom !

Last edited:
Reactions: itzik-g

itzik-g

Dec 22, 2005
I tried to flash a custom ROM which i already had on the device but it did not succeeded failure with the touch scree.
I tried to restore a nandroid backup which i had on the device and it fail to restore the system so no luck with this also.
My current status is :
1. unlocked bootloader
2. cwm recovery
3. No boot - stuck with the htc logo
4. not having another ROM on the htc one x so i can flash

I guess i need to "push" somehow a ROM into the device and try restore from it to stable condition,
then copy one of the stock nandroid backups and try to restore from the stock nandroid backup.
what is the fastboot command to copy a ROM from my PC to the HTC ?
any other good suggestion so at least i can have a basic stable status to continue from there ?

itzik-g

Dec 22, 2005
Flash this recovery https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqzlpqo8illa53j/Philz recovery 5.15.9.img enter it and mount the sdcard as a mass storage device in the mounts and storage menu.

Copy a sense 5 rom to it. Flash the boot.img from the rom and perform a FULL wipe in recovery and install the rom.

And when a nand does not restore the system it's probably because it's not wiped in recovery !

Thanks for the tips info. and guidance - i will try it and update !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can't change cid on a s-on device. As for the ruu,it needs to match the main number.

Fastboot getvar-main

If there is not a ruu at androidruu.com you have to go back to stock with a nandroid backup. There is a backup collection thread in the general section.
    No ruu at all. Not possible ! Only a nandroid backup can save you.

Or install a custom rom !
    Flash this recovery https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqzlpqo8illa53j/Philz recovery 5.15.9.img enter it and mount the sdcard as a mass storage device in the mounts and storage menu.

Copy a sense 5 rom to it. Flash the boot.img from the rom and perform a FULL wipe in recovery and install the rom.

And when a nand does not restore the system it's probably because it's not wiped in recovery !