[Q] Have gallery increase compression for previews

Search This thread

DBBGBA

Apr 9, 2010
New York
I'm kinda shooting in the dark here....

I found my phone full and started deleting stuff, I knew that the gallery created preview files for my images, but I didn't know this preview files required so much space. I ended up deleting a preview folder of about 1GB twice.
I was wondering if anyone knows a tweak or hidden setting to increase the image compression for the previews. I'm fine if they look crappier, they're just previews afterall.

Cheers

vikramkhalsa

Mar 7, 2012
www.amasingh.com
I'm kinda shooting in the dark here....

I found my phone full and started deleting stuff, I knew that the gallery created preview files for my images, but I didn't know this preview files required so much space. I ended up deleting a preview folder of about 1GB twice.
I was wondering if anyone knows a tweak or hidden setting to increase the image compression for the previews. I'm fine if they look crappier, they're just previews afterall.

Cheers

Don't really see any settings for the gallery.. but you could try switching to a different gallery app like quickpic..

DBBGBA

Apr 9, 2010
New York
Don't really see any settings for the gallery.. but you could try switching to a different gallery app like quickpic..

I followed your advice. I installed quickpic and disabled the Motorola gallery. I'll check back in a couple of days to see if there's an improvement.
Seems like QuickPic allows the pictures to be organized, so there's a plus aready :)