[Q] Storage problems using new CM ROM for Kit Kat

Search This thread

estimator1960

Mar 21, 2013
Steeleville
I have just flashed the new CM Nightly Kit Kat on my rooted Razr M. Build # is: cm_xt907 userdebug 4.4.2 KOT 49H 6d188fd4d6 test -keys
Kernel is: 3.0.101-g5bd85a2. I was running an older CM Nightly version that was working well.

The problem I'm having now is an "insufficient storage" message when I try to download & install Google play store apps. When I check my internal memory, I see that I still have almost 500 mb. I cannot move apps from the internal storage to my SD card so what could be the problem all of the sudden?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
I have just flashed the new CM Nightly Kit Kat on my rooted Razr M. Build # is: cm_xt907 userdebug 4.4.2 KOT 49H 6d188fd4d6 test -keys
Kernel is: 3.0.101-g5bd85a2. I was running an older CM Nightly version that was working well.

The problem I'm having now is an "insufficient storage" message when I try to download & install Google play store apps. When I check my internal memory, I see that I still have almost 500 mb. I cannot move apps from the internal storage to my SD card so what could be the problem all of the sudden?

Did you "dirty flash" or "clean flash"? Anyway, I would just start over.

+Factory Reset
+Wipe everything except SDcard
+Format data
+Reboot Recovery
+Flash
___ROM
___GAPPS
+Reboot

Last edited:
Reactions: estimator1960

estimator1960

Mar 21, 2013
Steeleville

+Factory Reset
+Format data
+Reboot Recovery
+Flash
___ROM
___GAPPS
+Reboot

By clean flash I take it to mean that I did do a wipe/factory reset, wiped cache, wiped dalvik cache...anyway...that's what I did before I flashed the new ROM.

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
By clean flash I take it to mean that I did do a wipe/factory reset, wiped cache, wiped dalvik cache...anyway...that's what I did before I flashed the new ROM.

Dirty Flash = Wipe dalvik/cache only
Clean Flash = Factory Reset

Just try what I listed above for a fresh start and see if the problem persist.

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
I'm using the latest version 0407 and I do not have any issues other than the backlight issue. I'm using Lux Dash which seems to help with the light dimming. Otherwise no issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

+Factory Reset
    +Format data
    +Reboot Recovery
    +Flash
    ___ROM
    ___GAPPS
    +Reboot