Clean Installation of a new rom

Search This thread

fra6220

May 30, 2013
Castelbolognese
Hi Guys, I wanted to know the steps for installing a custom rom via TWRP Recovery in a 100% clean way , I don't want any residue of old rom .
What's the best way to have a custom rom installed in the cleanest way ? (No old files no nothing)
I installed the rom cm11 doing this :
1 factory reset, 2 cache, 3 dalvik cache, 4 system ,5 data, 6 flash install rom and gapps , 7 before rebooting wipe cache and dalvik.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
It's worth noting some roms updater-scripts will backup some elements in system and restore them during the flash (example slimkat) so a format of system may need to be done in some circumstances

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

fra6220

May 30, 2013
Castelbolognese
It's worth noting some roms updater-scripts will backup some elements in system and restore them during the flash (example slimkat) so a format of system may need to be done in some circumstances

I installed Cm 11 Snapshot m6 in this way : 1 factory reset- 2 cache- 3 dalvik cache- 4 system -5 data, 6 flash install rom and gapps -7wipe cache e dalvik and reboot. I installed cyanogemod 11 from stock I did in the right way?

serty4011

Feb 26, 2012
Personally, when I move to a new ROM I wipe everything. In TWRP under Wipe, I chose advanced and check everything. After, go back to the wipe menu and select the option on the right to format data. It will require you to type "yes" in the box. When it finishes, I reboot recovery, and use ADB Sideload to install my ROM of choice.

A few warnings, this wipes all data, so make sure anything you wish to save has been backed up. Also, make sure ADB is installed and working correctly as it will be your only way to get a custom ROM transferred to your phone.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Personally, when I move to a new ROM I wipe everything. In TWRP under Wipe, I chose advanced and check everything. After, go back to the wipe menu and select the option on the right to format data. It will require you to type "yes" in the box. When it finishes, I reboot recovery, and use ADB Sideload to install my ROM of choice.

A few warnings, this wipes all data, so make sure anything you wish to save has been backed up. Also, make sure ADB is installed and working correctly as it will be your only way to get a custom ROM transferred to your phone.

That's a little over kill. I've never had a problem just using twrp's default swipe to wipe. You also must not use tibu and restore all your apps from Google

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

D

Darth

Yeah, no need to wipe internal SD.....at all. ;)

Adb us unnecessary as well.

Download ROM on phone, flash from internal SD.