How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFND3)

Search This thread

alforati

Jul 15, 2008
Root succeeded N7100 4,4,2

After flashing root fileand finish and boot after restart.
go to google play and update supersu then run it and update it normally .
after it being updated it will try to disable Knox.
it will take long time.. just reboot your device and run supersu and itwill ask you to disable Knox. chose OK. and done.
proof in attachment.

Attachments

• 2015-02-06-22-31-20.jpg
    2015-02-06-22-31-20.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,025

zoghrob

Nov 27, 2012
Cairo
Does this method trip Knox??
Will it cause the Knox warranty to be void 0x1?

I have N7100 KitKat 4.4.2 XXUFND3 with bootloader ND4. Knox 0x0.

zoghrob

Nov 27, 2012
Cairo
I want to have TWRP as custom recovery too. Since I'm tripping Knox, let's have the whole stuff.

Should I flash TWRP using Odin BEFORE CF-Auto-Root or AFTER ???

I don't intend to install any Roms for now, just want to keep my stock Kitkat.

One more thing, Will using this rooting method and/or installing custom recovery wipe my data?? I know I must back up, but I don't want to lose my app. data fore example as I can't back it up without root.

sethustout

Nov 24, 2013
trupur
I am also facing same prob....
Can't able to root my mobile...
Plzz help....:(:(:(

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1429393276985.jpg
    1429393276985.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 496

eagle18

Jun 9, 2015
it will take long time.. just reboot your device and run supersu and itwill ask you to disable Knox. chose OK. and done.
proof in attachment.

Thank you post's owner and this comment is also very helpful. My Note 2 is rooted. :good::good::)
BR
Eagle18

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1) Download CF-Auto-Root for the Galaxy Note 2, as well as Odin3 v3.09

2) Put your Galaxy Note 2 in Download Mode by holding the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons. When a warning prompt appears, press Volume Up to enter Download mode.

3) Unzip the CF-Auto-Root archive to retrieve the .tar.md5 file. Unzip Odin. Right click on Odin and run the application as an administrator.

4) Using your USB cable, connect your Galaxy Note 2 to your computer. You should see a yellow box with the message “Added!” If this does not occur, reinstall your computer’s USB drivers.

5) Within Odin, press the AP button and select the tar.md5 file extracted from the CF-Auto-Root archive.

6) Select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time while leaving all other boxes unchecked.

7) Click start and wait until the installation process completes. Any interruption may result in a bricked device.

8) After a PASS message appears, your phone will reboot automatically and you’ll officially be rooted.
    Hi everyone,
    I tried to root my note 2 following the step in the first post, i get a "PASS" on odin, but the phone says "SuperSu stop working" and close.
    Then i downloaded from the market the "root checker" app, and it says that my device is not rooted, how to root it? i'm pretty sure i did everything correct with odin because when i had a galaxy s i usually put custom rom on it, so i have a little amount of experience on this field, btw this time i dont know really what to do, can anyone help?

EDIT:
    I Searched for "SuperSu PRO" and installed it, without removing the supersu that installed with the root process, so as i say i downloaded SuperSu, installed it, and when opened, it asked for update, did the update and the phone says that knox has been found, and it asked if they have to disable it or not, i clicked ok, and it says "Knox disabled with success!" then ok, and it ask for a reboot, did it by pressing power button and reboot.
    After the reboot, i re-opened the root checker app and it say "Congratulations! this devics has root access!"

Thats how i did it, i'm sorry for my bad english but as i say i'm italian, for any question about it, feel free to send me an mp, or write in this post, happy that i finally rooted my note 2, see you :D
    Root succeeded N7100 4,4,2

proof in attachment.
    Please give a video tutorial.how I install.please.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

In the cf-auto-root......zip file odin v3.07 not v3.09. How I root with odin v3.09

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Doesn't work for me on my Note 2. Got a Failed on Odin. Not sure what to do next.