(Q) Motorola Defy + the new unreal engine!

Search This thread

srimpo

Apr 10, 2008
the new unreal engine for android has been released, but the defy isnt on the compatibility list for dungeon defenders, even though it looks like it will play it due to its spec!

has anyone tried this game?

would i need to root my phone and overclock?
and if i rooted, would i still get the official 2.1 update thats coming this year?

Thanks

srimpo

Apr 10, 2008
thanks guys :)
very glad about getting this phone :)
festival proof + Good at gameloft + unreal games?
epicness :p

Khrushy

Oct 15, 2007
Seoul, South Korea
The problem is that Dungeon Defenders requires Froyo (2.2). The Defy currently ships with 2.1.

When we upgrade (the first 2.2 Defy ROM's are just starting to float around now, but aren't really ready for mass usage) to 2.2, we'll be fine for everything.

MTDG

Sep 7, 2010
"Requires" as in "requires 2.2 for acceptable performance"?

Because the game sure does work on 2.1 since some update.
Will try OC and jit my defy soon, because i'm not happy with the performance of DD on my defy.

sarge78

Nov 15, 2010
^ Yeah, no difference between 2.1/2.2. Performance is defined by the powerVR SGX530, any overclock/JIT will have little impact.

The Droid X is listed as a mid range device, that has the same GPU/resolution so it'll be no different. Just be grateful we have usable performance (unlike the 1st gen snapdragon :()

MTDG

Sep 7, 2010
I guess i will delete it then... i'm getting a headache from the relatively low fps.

MTDG

Sep 7, 2010
It shows up in my market.

After some more testing it's somewhat playable i guess. At least no massive fps-loss with enemies on screen...first level that is :D Still eager to improve the performance. Update gooooo!

JamesDax

Jan 4, 2011
Philadelphia
I'm happy to report that a new version of dungeon defenders is out (version 2.01) and it runs and looks very good on the Defy. They've even added a slider for graphics and it can now be played online over 3G/4G. I believe it even includes cross platform play with iOS devices.

srimpo

Apr 10, 2008
I'm happy to report that a new version of dungeon defenders is out (version 2.01) and it runs and looks very good on the Defy. They've even added a slider for graphics and it can now be played online over 3G/4G. I believe it even includes cross platform play with iOS devices.

Great Stuff :)

srimpo

Apr 10, 2008
hey sorry for the double post but did you play on a overclocked defy?
if so how did you do it?
and was the improvement noticeable?

Top Liked Posts