[MOD] US WIFI XOOM - Desktop UA String

Search This thread

insty

Jun 30, 2010
Melbourne
Hi all,

After having the frustrations of having to go into about:debug to change the UA string to Desktop each time I've decided to patch up the US WIFI XOOM to make this a permanent change.

This is a CWM flashable package, I have also included the stock framework to revert back.

Thanks to sangreal06 (Original 3G release) and BWCorvus/Bigrushdog (WIP).

Attachments

• uastringpatch-uswifixoom.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 2,262
  • framework-stock.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,005

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
Hi all,

After having the frustrations of having to go into about:debug to change the UA string to Desktop each time I've decided to patch up the US WIFI XOOM to make this a permanent change.

This is a CWM flashable package, I have also included the stock framework to revert back.

Wow that was fast! How'd you beat those bootloops?

crxtasi

Feb 2, 2008
SoCal
just flashed it with CWM and worked as advertised but I was using BigDX Xoom Zoom Red Theme and for some reason the battery icon went back to the stock blue. Oh well as long as I don't have to type about:debug all time I can live with it :D Good job man thanks!

LiL JRG

Jul 18, 2010
Sydney
Ohh nice! Can't wait to get home and test this out :D

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

qubz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
Hi all,

Hey there insty. I'm curious about what xoom system you are running. If you are running the US software, why didn't you change to the Canadian system that has Australian locale?

DroidHam

Aug 8, 2010
Akron, OH
just flashed it with CWM and worked as advertised but I was using BigDX Xoom Zoom Red Theme and for some reason the battery icon went back to the stock blue. Oh well as long as I don't have to type about:debug all time I can live with it :D Good job man thanks!

there is a new theme pack uploaded that has this built in...

insty

Jun 30, 2010
Melbourne
Wow that was fast! How'd you beat those bootloops?

Was never getting bootloops :eek:?

Hey there insty. I'm curious about what xoom system you are running. If you are running the US software, why didn't you change to the Canadian system that has Australian locale?

Wasn't aware of the Canadian system, will take a look into it tonight as an Australian locale would be great.

Any chance this would work on CAN WIFI XOOM? anyone test?

Will release it for the CAN WIFI Xoom this afternoon (AU). Won't be able to test it though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Nice work, but unfortunately doesn't work with 3.1 xoom.
    Looking forward to 3.1 compatible version.
    Here it is for US WiFi 3.1. I just took framework-res.apk for 3.1 US WiFi from sangreal06's post (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1015857)
    and have made CWM flashable package. The stock 3.1 framework-res to revert back also included.

Do not use this if you updated to 3.1 using bigrushdog's method!
    Here is the framework-res.apk that has a UA string modified. This is for 3.2 and needs to be pushed with adb. apk-tool can decompile the framework-res.apk but that's about it. I have been using this since I updated to 3.2 with no problems.
    Any chance this would work on CAN WIFI XOOM? anyone test?

NO do not, it will FC you. It needs to be done to the can framework file.
    Hey UK and CAN users, attach your stock framework file and I'll mod it.

The original CAN file.