[HELP] Cannot add google account - can't establish reliable connection

Search This thread

drkdeath5000

Jan 17, 2010
I have been using my XT926 for some months in the UK now and have to say its a brilliant phone. Since yesterday however i have been unable to sync anything related to google (gmail, contacts, etc). I had rooted a little over a week ago so thinking something had gone wrong i performed a factory reset. The reset went fine and the phone booted up to a stock state but when it came to adding my google account i got the error "cant establish a reliable connection to the server...". At first i figured this must be a connection issue but after loading up the web browser i'm able to load all sites including google web mail so my connection is perfectly fine. I then got hold of my galaxy tab 2 and checked my google sync status on there - it was working fine. I'm now sat here with a phone that has no google services and i'm wondering what has gone wrong ? I've searched online and many have similar problems where clearing the cache or factory resetting has solved it but in my case this hasnt helped. Any ideas ?

drkdeath5000

Jan 17, 2010
Hi Stefan,
Just wanted to say thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Rooted, deleted hosts file and all is working again. I guess the factory reset didnt restore the hosts file from when i previously rooted. I'm just happy to have this amazing phone back working again !

StefanGA

Apr 3, 2007
Great to hear I could help. :) thanks for the feedback - that's why I like this community. Have fun!

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts