[Q] GPS Quality

Search This thread

Moozh1

Mar 9, 2011
I am trying to decide between the m8 and the lg g3 for my next phone. I am coming from a galaxy s3. I use the gps on my phone quite often for work. How is the accuracy, signal lock, lock on time, etc of the gps on the m8? On my galaxy s3, it was pretty solid. I could get locks in 10 seconds or less and would be accurate within 10-20 feet. Almost never lost a signal unless going through a tunnel. For those that use their phone gps several times per week, how does the m8 compare?

Thanks in advance

enzeem2010

Apr 22, 2012
The only trouble I ever have with it may be more related to my Jaybird Bluebuds
X Bluetooth headphones not giving me turn by turn directions when I near my destination... without those headphones, or with wired headphones, GPS is great.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Reactions: Moozh1

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
i use my M8 for navigation 10 hours a day 6 days a week non stop..i occasionally get a GPS Signal lost alert once every 3 weeks..I cover a very large territory than most people(north FL-Jacksonville to The Keys weekly)Other than that its been great.

liquidaluminum

Sep 13, 2012
From inside my house, locked on GPS in 5 seconds, accurate to 12 feet. (Actually, that's pretty good even with the AGPS. ;))

I was just browsing this thread while looking for info on getting the files to unlock the bootloader on my new M8. I wanted you to know that I gave you thanks, because of the fact that you don't accept personal donations, but instead recommended that people donate to a charity of your choosing. The world could use more people like you.

Reactions: garyd9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From inside my house, locked on GPS in 5 seconds, accurate to 12 feet. (Actually, that's pretty good even with the AGPS. ;))
    i use my M8 for navigation 10 hours a day 6 days a week non stop..i occasionally get a GPS Signal lost alert once every 3 weeks..I cover a very large territory than most people(north FL-Jacksonville to The Keys weekly)Other than that its been great.
    Had my M8 since May 9th, have yet to see signal lost and I use GPS on average of 3 times a day

Sent from a payphone
    The only trouble I ever have with it may be more related to my Jaybird Bluebuds
    X Bluetooth headphones not giving me turn by turn directions when I near my destination... without those headphones, or with wired headphones, GPS is great.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
    Best GPS I've used out of all 20 android phones I've owned.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk