Xposed causing bootloops in Intel Z3735D tabs

Search This thread

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
Hello,

I post this in the name of a handful of users of tablets with the Intel Z3735D SoC. The models concerned are Onda V975i and Teclast X98, but there may be more models affected.

Steps for reproduction:

1) Root your tablet.
2) Install Xposed Installer (2.6.1 stable version or 2.7, it's indifferent)
3) Install the framework from the installer.
4) Reboot the device.

Expected result: Normal reboot, Xposed Framework functional

Actual result: Bootloop, the device has to be reset to factory settings from recovery in order to reboot normally again.

What can we do to help debug the issue?

Last edited:

Zereus

Nov 8, 2010
They got xposed running on a dell venue 7 with intel processor. Since Kitkat it seems to support some intel chips. Lets hope they'll release kitkat for our 3740 tablets. Teclast said they are going to release kitkat this week =D

Reactions: Gasolution

iG8R

Aug 30, 2014
Please post a logcat of the bootloop.
Hello,
I also have the same issue - bootloop after installing Xposed on my Atom z3735D Tablet and there is no ADB availability during booting, that's why I can not post a logcat too. ADB only available when my Tablet is off. The only thing that saved me - manual copying /system/bin/app_process.orig back to /system/bin/app_process due to my system doesn't have "Install from zip" in Recovery Mode.
Does another way exist to solve this issue? Is it possible to send you /system/bin/app_process.orig to analyze it?

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE. Somehow I've got a logcat log.

Attachments

• logcat_during_bootloop_Xposed_installed.rar
    415.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

lambstone

Mar 27, 2008
Huawei P20 Pro
Redmi K20 Pro
@rovo89, are there any updates on this issue?

Update 1: Apparently there are reports that "XposedInstaller_2.5-beta2+ASUS" works fine. I'm backing up my 3735D device before testing it

Update 2: Yeap, the mentioned version works fine.

Last edited:

iG8R

Aug 30, 2014
Update 1: Apparently there are reports that "XposedInstaller_2.5-beta2+ASUS" works fine. I'm backing up my 3735D device before testing it

Thank you :)
Yeah, it works, but useless due to all needed modules require "new version of XposedBridge (54) and cannot be activated", e.g. XPrivacy.

iG8R

Aug 30, 2014
Thank you again :) but as for XPrivacy only 2.0.27 and older versions are working with "XposedInstaller_2.5-beta2+ASUS". But as you can see there are a lot of changes was made since 2.0.27 that's why I said "useless".

rovo89
Please, could you be so kind as to fix an issue with "XposedBridge (54)" for Intel Atom Tablets.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2015
Bootloop on Pipo X8, Intel Atom Z3736F. (logcat included)

@rovo89

I get bootloop on a Pipo X8 device with an Intel Atom Z3736F processor (64-bit).
KitKat 4.4.4 (32-bit).
Kernel 3.10.20-00003-g7240abc-dirty

I have included a logcat for the bootloop. It would be extremely helpful if Xposed could be made to work with this tablet/processor.

Please see attached logcat xposed_fail_log.txt.

Attachments

• xposed_fail_log.txt
    403.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts