[APP] z4root - root android in one click from an app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RyanZA

Jan 21, 2006
JHB
Having trouble rooting your phone? This might be just for you!

Credits

z4ziggy
Sebastian Krahmer's rageagainstthecage

What this does

It is an app you install (currently you must side load it, but it will be on the market once it's had some testing here on XDA), that has a single button that will root your device. Should work on ALL Android devices -- please leave a note if it works or doesn't work on your device.

How safe is this?

Should be 100% safe - nothing on disk is changed besides the root binaries, so if something goes wrong, simply rebooting the device should fix up any and all issues. Let me know if you find any bugs!

z4rootscreenshot.png

Changelog

V1.0.0 : Initial Release
V1.1.0 : Will now open the application settings page if USB debugging is not enabled.

Attachments

• z4root.1.1.0.apk
    915.9 KB · Views: 335,196
Last edited:

zilexa

Sep 14, 2010
Will this do a Full root on X10 Mini Pro? just as this tool is suppose to do? Unfortunately that tool keeps looping even if I tap usb debugging for hours...
So Root and Shell Root and Superuser and allow non-market apps (thought that was just a normal setting in Android..)?

robbyf66

Apr 27, 2010
London
awesome app, I just did this on Sony x10, although I can't confirm that it installed busybox. I loaded it from the market and it didn't detect it.

Install on busybox 1.17.1 worked good

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
Thanks.

It started the process and rebooted, but hadn't installed Busybox, so downloaded it from the Market and it confirms the phone is actually rooted. Good start but far from perfect.

ishkarioth

May 20, 2010
Working on GSM HTC Hero 2.1 with original spanish Orange rom, AFAIK. The screen says "wait for root to complete and reboot your phone", stays there forever and after 1 hour I decided to go back. Rebooted manually and there it was, just downloaded Busybox from Market and working fine.

Its been the only working method for me, so saying thanks is actually less than needed.

Indigon

Sep 6, 2010
i have a droid 2 also and really wanting to root was this root way painless and is everything working ok?

Everything works perfect on my Droid 2, fast and easy one click root like it says.
Been waiting for something like this, so glad I did it.

Opens a whole new world of great rooted apps and
getting rid of that unnecessary bloatware.

Remember to first enable (turn on) usb debugging: Menu> Settings> Applications> Development> USB Debugging

Kudos! Thanks again to the Dev!

Last edited:

genericuk

Nov 5, 2010
I tried Superoeclick yesterday only my X10 Mini (2.1 firmware), which tells me the phone is rooted, but still won't allow me to delete apps
just tried this and it ran, rebooted the phone as it should but when I try to remove some apps it still won't let me :(

forgot too add, it didn't install Busybox either

Last edited:

yeahlindsey

Aug 4, 2010
Works on DX! (Mine froze and required a reboot after the first try, but worked like a charm the 2nd go round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Having trouble rooting your phone? This might be just for you!

Credits

z4ziggy
    Sebastian Krahmer's rageagainstthecage

What this does

It is an app you install (currently you must side load it, but it will be on the market once it's had some testing here on XDA), that has a single button that will root your device. Should work on ALL Android devices -- please leave a note if it works or doesn't work on your device.

How safe is this?

Should be 100% safe - nothing on disk is changed besides the root binaries, so if something goes wrong, simply rebooting the device should fix up any and all issues. Let me know if you find any bugs!

z4rootscreenshot.png

Changelog

V1.0.0 : Initial Release
    V1.1.0 : Will now open the application settings page if USB debugging is not enabled.
    Look, people, read what has been said.
    THIS DOES NOT WORK ON A DEVICE RUNNING ANY ANDROID VERSION ABOVE 2.1! NOT 2.2, NOT 4.0...

So no more asking if it works on X device or why doesn't it work on X running Android 2.2, 2.3, 3.x or 4.x
    New version 1.1.0 uploaded with detection for USB debugging not being enabled.
    This looks really cool! But, is it just a shell root? Not a nand unlock?
    Rename zip to apk ;)

Sent from GNex...