[Q] Lost CWM & Root Access in HC 3.2 ROM. Need Help

Search This thread

farazjk

Apr 2, 2009
Hi,

I updated my A500 from 3.1 stock to Taboonay 2.0 HC 3.2. For some reason I decided to revert back to HC 3.1 Stock but in trying to do so I messed up and lost both CWM and Root Access. Now I can still boot into Taboonay 2.0 HC3.2 but I cannot access CWM and I cannot flash any other ROM as I do not have Root Access. Also due to lack of Root Access I cannot install CWM.

Can someone please help me regain control of my device??? Please!!!

farazjk

Apr 2, 2009
Acer recovery installer also requires a rooted device to perform all of its functions including installing recovery.

kshfahmy

Dec 6, 2004
Alexandria
After the update, I hane access more to the USB flash memory as wll as to any Fat 32 USB hard drive. Do you have the same problem.

Neet

Jun 2, 2009
Hi,

I updated my A500 from 3.1 stock to Taboonay 2.0 HC 3.2. For some reason I decided to revert back to HC 3.1 Stock but in trying to do so I messed up and lost both CWM and Root Access. Now I can still boot into Taboonay 2.0 HC3.2 but I cannot access CWM and I cannot flash any other ROM as I do not have Root Access. Also due to lack of Root Access I cannot install CWM.

Can someone please help me regain control of my device??? Please!!!

Same problem at my end...

D/load and flash a full rom some of them will work thru reg Acer recovery for your SD card.

Acer recovery needs "root" access....superuser can be seen in the list of apps but it is denying permission to all apps despite setting "allow" to all apps on default!

What to do?
Tried iconia root....."denied root access"
Tried Acer recovery....."needs root access"
CMW can't be booted into as somehow it is not there!
Tried factory data reset......no change in problem!
??
Help/suggestions needed!

Last edited:

farazjk

Apr 2, 2009
Erica's Cure Worked for me!!! :)

Ok after taking advice from Erica, I downloaded the official full ROM package from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1159443 and extracted the update.zip from it and placed it in the root of my external sd card. Switched off the A500 and rebooted it pressing Vol (down) & Power button till white text appeared in top left corner of the screen. A500 then started updating and successfully completed the full ROM install. On completing A500 automatically rebooted and all is good now. I am now on Stock A500 ROM HC3.1. I have not rooted or installed Acer Recovery app yet. I am going to wait for the official HC 3.2 from Acer Malaysia which I think is due on 10th September.

Thank you everyone on this amazing forum for helping fix this issue for me. Hope this solution also works for others having similar issues. :)

farazjk

Apr 2, 2009
Additional steps to the last procedure

Ok... Last procedure though restored my A500 to Stock HC3.1 but was not allowing the OTA updates. So I copied update.zip from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1113878. (you must ensure that you download the ROM that is specifically for your device region... mine is Thailand).

I repeated the same procedure as I did before (see last post). After installation completed, and device rebooted. I checked for new updates (from settings menu / About Tablet / Updates). Voila!!! new updates were detected and are downloading now. These are not HC3.2 updates but HC3.1 update patches.

Cheers!

Neet

Jun 2, 2009
Ok after taking advice from Erica, I downloaded the official full ROM package from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1159443 and extracted the update.zip from it and placed it in the root of my external sd card. Switched off the A500 and rebooted it pressing Vol (down) & Power button till white text appeared in top left corner of the screen. A500 then started updating and successfully completed the full ROM install. On completing A500 automatically rebooted and all is good now. I am now on Stock A500 ROM HC3.1. I have not rooted or installed Acer Recovery app yet. I am going to wait for the official HC 3.2 from Acer Malaysia which I think is due on 10th September.

Thank you everyone on this amazing forum for helping fix this issue for me. Hope this solution also works for others having similar issues. :)

Not working...after extracting "update.zip" placed "update.zip" into root of sd card....inserted sd card..rebooted....pressed power+vol down....it booted normally into the taboony which was already there instead of updating....???
What to do?
Help needed!

Neet

Jun 2, 2009
Not working...after extracting "update.zip" placed "update.zip" into root of sd card....inserted sd card..rebooted....pressed power+vol down....it booted normally into the taboony which was already there instead of updating....???
What to do?
Help needed!

Worked now...had to use "Power+ Vol Up" button in portrait mode.
Thanks
:)))

Top Liked Posts