S-Voice on Htc Vivid

Search This thread

sanroy24

Aug 16, 2010
Houston, TX
I Just installed the S-Voice app on my Vivid, which works great,with some minor hiccups hereand there...btw i went ahead and installed the app despite saying i need a rooted phone, which in my case i didnt.
So i Was wonderin, howz its workin for you guys who had a chance to install it..my opinion, Siri works way better...
I Uploaded some sshots too..and just for the fun of it, i asked which was the best cell phone..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Reactions: come at me bro

Jirv311

Mar 30, 2008
Johnstown
Probably won't be working for too long. Vlingo and Samsung are quickly building a blacklist unfortunately.

Sent from an HTC Vivid via XDA Premium

theshamrockking

Mar 6, 2011
Phoenix
Here you go guys for anyone having issues with the s voice giving them the network error. Use this .zip instead. That would mean delete the s voice you now have and flash this one in a custom recovery.

link = http://www.mediafire.com/?v8csgac8b5qw3jr

This may not work with TWRP. I had to put all the files that are located in the zip on the phone manually. And in the end i had no luck :( idk what i might have been doing wrong but you can check the og forum post if what i posted didnt work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1662255

Last edited:

theshamrockking

Mar 6, 2011
Phoenix
I actually did try that one already. I also tried changing my build.prop. I personally just gave up spent like4 hrs trying to do it with no success so I'm done I wouldn't have used it much anyways. just wanted to try it out.

RyTheShark

Dec 9, 2010
Installed but not working for me :/ I try to change how it wakes up and it force closes and won't really open

EDIT: FIXED it now opens and does most features
Sent from my HTC Vivid ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6
on Dark Raider Rom using Kozmickkick's OC kernal using XDA

Last edited:

iceman198

Oct 22, 2009
Waterboro Maine
www.duttonbiz.com
Works great for me. The wake-up command doesn't do anything unless I'm in the app but you can press and hold the search button and it will prompt to be the default if you want it to. I'm running stock ICS not rooted and its fine.

I snagged the APK from the 'Themes and Apps' section.

Top Liked Posts