[ROM][4.2.2][RC1] LiquidSmooth Roms GT-i9305

Search This thread

husky69

Oct 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
LG G6
Gave this ROm a try today and I'm very pleased so far. Only pushback is that I can't restore my text messages, call lists and contacts with TitaniumBaqckup :(

Anyone else having this issue? Any hints on how to solve this?

arzine

Jan 26, 2013
Gave this ROm a try today and I'm very pleased so far. Only pushback is that I can't restore my text messages, call lists and contacts with TitaniumBaqckup :(

try recovering your data from your previous rom then use other apps to restore texts and contacts.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

jemz0r

Apr 17, 2010

Restore your nandroid backup, then use GoBackup.

I never use TitaniumBackup anymore.

maranello69

Apr 1, 2011
EU
can anyone share a new link for this rom?, i'm trying to download it since this morning, but never got pass 90%, i never have this issue with any other download

/solved it, the Opera download manager is to blame, got it in 2 mins with ff

Last edited:

zewl23

Dec 5, 2008
Prague
coresolution.eu
Strange problem... solved

try wiping data after flashing the rom

Weird, but I was unable to get into recovery or boot the Samsung rom... after a weekend when phone was left on table I just try to fully charge and the phone boot into recovery, wipe all and the rom boot...

Iam glad, because i would like to send it to Samsung for repairing... :laugh:

ngmic

Oct 4, 2012
very heavy battery consumption

In case anyone is interested, I dirty flashed the ROM again and wake lock seems to be gone. Phone is going into deep sleep now.

anybody seeing abnormally heavy batter consumption on this rom? newly flashed (clean) I9305 runs down its battery in under 10hrs of v light usage (<5 phone calls, few sms/whatsapp and no web/gps usage) in an area with solid reception. i had the phone down to 20% around 6pm last night; 15min later i was down another 6%!

attached a screenshot here from the newly charged phone. is it normal +10% of usage is from the kernel? this print is already low, several times i've had the kernel usage at >20-30%! there's also the system (*wakelock*) which looks rather ominous

kernel is 3.0.31-cm-g21a1753 liquid@ubuntu #1 fri feb 05:54:42
baseband is i9305zhali2

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-25-10-03-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-25-10-03-17.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 308

sebbe312

Nov 3, 2012
Sv: [ROM][4.2.2][RC1] LiquidSmooth Roms GT-i9305

anybody seeing abnormally heavy batter consumption on this rom? newly flashed (clean) I9305 runs down its battery in under 10hrs of v light usage (<5 phone calls, few sms/whatsapp and no web/gps usage) in an area with solid reception. i had the phone down to 20% around 6pm last night; 15min later i was down another 6%!

attached a screenshot here from the newly charged phone. is it normal +10% of usage is from the kernel? this print is already low, several times i've had the kernel usage at >20-30%! there's also the system (*wakelock*) which looks rather ominous

kernel is 3.0.31-cm-g21a1753 liquid@ubuntu #1 fri feb 05:54:42
baseband is i9305zhali2

Something wrong on your side. Getting over 1 day of use easily! Phone goes into deep sleep directly!
Using any LED apps, ie apps that change the color of the led?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

ngmic

Oct 4, 2012
Something wrong on your side. Getting over 1 day of use easily! Phone goes into deep sleep directly!
Using any LED apps, ie apps that change the color of the led?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

yes my go sms, whatsapp all have diff colors. think i switched the LED from blink==>fade as well. does that make such a large difference?

would love any help b/c AOSP rocks, would have to have to go back to a sammy based ROM.

also seeing radio reception fluctuate intermittently (more so than under a 4.1.2 rom) but wonder if thats kernel-related. is anyone using this ROM w/ another kernel (e.g. perseus?)

Wrekk

Oct 19, 2008
Mail / Exchange

Does Exchange mail work? Add an Exchange account in the stock Email app?

dejan_mik

Feb 8, 2011
yes my go sms, whatsapp all have diff colors. think i switched the LED from blink==>fade as well. does that make such a large difference?

would love any help b/c AOSP rocks, would have to have to go back to a sammy based ROM.

also seeing radio reception fluctuate intermittently (more so than under a 4.1.2 rom) but wonder if thats kernel-related. is anyone using this ROM w/ another kernel (e.g. perseus?)

I also have LED lights enabled by another app and I get 1 day usage no problem.

Reactions: jake

encounter1

Dec 17, 2008
Exchange not working

This is sad, as on Ripperrom, but there he has killed Exchange funktion by himself. Maybe here,too?

A Rom witrhout Exchangeaccount Function isnt useless for me

wd_axel

Aug 16, 2009
hi there,
i have currently two different exchange accounts running without any problem.
best wishes.
axel

indisingh

Oct 22, 2010
London
don't mean to nag or anything....buttt......is there any news of a new release in the pipeline anytime soon? Just wondering as i'm in love with the rom, just can't use it for a daily driver....YET lol. no pressure... :S

jake

Sep 29, 2011
don't mean to nag or anything....buttt......is there any news of a new release in the pipeline anytime soon? Just wondering as i'm in love with the rom, just can't use it for a daily driver....YET lol. no pressure... :S

Been using it as a daily driver for quite a while now ;). New release will be soon. A precise time? I don't have this. thanks!

bleepsake

Oct 9, 2012
London
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
Been using it as a daily driver for quite a while now ;). New release will be soon. A precise time? I don't have this. thanks!

I have been using this as a daily driver.

Camera on apps like whatsapp and pixlr and instagram are really laggy and have the tendency to force close.

Sound is quite low but I think it's a CM problem.

Mic Problems have been noted across a few peoples devices.

On my device I can't access lockscreen settings.

To be honest its a fantastic build and rom. Well Done the LiquidSmooth team.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

kiwiboy1978

Jan 2, 2011
Loving this ROM,! Great work!

Just noticed though my device isn't going into 4G. Just H+.

Should I have flashed a different modem or something?

ozgame

Aug 6, 2012
Melbourne
first id like to thank the efforts of Amplified, the while i9305 community cant thank you enough:good:
Just wanted to say that i hope a new build comes out soon, since ive been having some problems. the worse problem is got to do with battery, a couple of days the battery % did not go past 70% no matter how long it was on charge for, i reseted battery stats and this did not do a thing. I had to completely drain the battery and re charge my phone where it went back to 100%, but once started using it, there was heavy battery drain with little little use ( 60% down, while at school, so only max 10 minutes use). Today I put the phone on charge, and it says its charging, and it takes a very long time, been stuck at 38% for a long time now, and its dropping while on charge without me even using the phone. Im sure its got to do with the ROM since my phone is practically brand new and did not have this issue while on stock firmware, nor my previous ROM.

I am also not getting any 4G which is odd, since other users are.

Thanks again Amplified for this rom :laugh:

Last edited:

dejan_mik

Feb 8, 2011
As already written I am getting a full day of usage.
To be fair, battery drain is a bit heavy when compared with my previous ROM.
We all hope this will be fixed in the next build.

indisingh

Oct 22, 2010
London
Firstly, thanks to Amplified for the reply

Secondy, when I did first try out the rom I used it for 4 days, and battery was never an issue, so sorry to say, but it must be a fault somewhere on your guys' ends.

But I can't lie I did see the lagginess with the camera but I reckon that will be resolved soon because I believe that's a cm problem too (correct me if I'm wrong about that - not too sure).

Finally.... IM EXCITEDDDDDDDD looool

Reactions: jake

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PHP:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

mpf6Zji4

OFvisHTi

rL4uPy9o

BhSM9COQ

Questions? Get them answered here!!: Q&A Thread

LiquidSmooth Download: http://goo.im/devs/liquidsmooth/i9305/Liquid-JB-v2.1-RC1-i9305.zip

Google Apps Package 12/12/12 for 4.2.1

Team Liquid: Liquid0624, Liquidzgrl, Deadman96385, Jarrid42, Jdeloach23, RohanMathur, Itsmikeramsay, Dagr8, Jdkorecclipse, Amplified, ChevyCam94, Hiemanshu, and DHacker29

Kernel Source: CyanogenMod
    Bug Reports

For BUG REPORTS, PLEASE email full logcat of THE EVENT/ fc to and / or jcvancleve@gmail.com
    ronaldramsayii@gmail.com

Logcats must contain error code from said issue, plus device model number in email subject line!

"Logcats, or it didn't happen." - famous developer

Developers / fellow Android hackers:

If you are aware of a patch that will fix said aforementioned issue, please feel free to share with me at jcvancleve@gmail.com; or, sync our source (guide to follow), git clone said patch, test compile, and send a pull request once you've successfully built. Our source can be found at:

www.github.com/LiquidSmooth

(Copy both would be most appreciated since Android / Linux autofills the recipient after the first time emailing someone)

Theme Engine themes (applied to AOSP 4.2.2)

Red Chrome theme (Kevin3328) applied to AOSP 4.2.2 (thread link)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38109558#post38109558

Galaxy Creme Sandwhich (Kevin3328) applied to AOSP 4.2.2 (thread link)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38110822#post38110822

Actually, there was a small change / turn of events. We are now planning on releasing RC 2 a bit sooner than expected. My changes will be published later on (perhaps a weekly) in an MR to follow. (my changes are simply some small code cleanups, optimizations, a change to the default i/o scheduler (run @ boot & on)(deadline), some other changes that i have been building / testing locally ;p) Expect to see a release soon! (perhaps i will update this thread after i speak with liquid) (later)

thanks!
    Within the next two to three days expect weekly / unofficial from me.