[Q] Will Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 get Android L?

Search This thread

v418h4v

Mar 2, 2013
Earth
Hi guys i guess most of you have seen android l, but i had a question that will s2 gt-i9100 get android l rom? I know that s2 wont get an official release as they stopped it at 4.1.2 but will we get android l rom by cyanogenmod because galaxy s2 already got 4.4.4 roms :)

lionelsuyog

Oct 27, 2013
Kathmandu
Hi guys i guess most of you have seen android l, but i had a question that will s2 gt-i9100 get android l rom? I know that s2 wont get an official release as they stopped it at 4.1.2 but will we get android l rom by cyanogenmod because galaxy s2 already got 4.4.4 roms :)

Yeah, for sure S2 will get it! It wont be official, but via Cyanogenmod! Its an armv7 device and will support ART!
PRESS THANKS IF IT HELPED ;)

Reactions: v418h4v

kokesh

Jul 20, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 9
It will come in some shape, but it may not be a perfect experience, as most devs rightfuly gave up on S2 due to all the crap (not) coming from Samsun.

v418h4v

Mar 2, 2013
Earth
It will come in some shape, but it may not be a perfect experience, as most devs rightfuly gave up on S2 due to all the crap (not) coming from Samsun.

I dont think devs completely gave up on s2 because since s2 stopped at 4.1.2 devs got it all the way up to 4.4.4 with cyanogenmod based roms and they seem to work flawlessly. Some of the kitkat roms for s2 are official by cyanogenmod:)

v418h4v

Mar 2, 2013
Earth
I just cant wait for the android l to release, i did some research and they say that it might arrive from 23rd september - 23rd december but when 4.4.4 was released s2 got the rom in 3-4 days :) i just love those animations on android l

Dude,i think you are wrong!
yes it's ture S2 it's kind of old. BUT! if you just give S2 Developing Thread a visit you will see that it has many Custom roms and lot's of good Dev's are still working on it!

Samsung Galaxy SII still have more Custom Roms and Mods than Some New Smart phones.

kokesh

Jul 20, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 9
All the main devs are gone. Once there will be bigger change in lets acceleration handling in new Android release, S2 will be done. Once S3 will be done with updates, there won't be any way for S2 to be mended by hacking stuff from other similar devices. I've happily sold my old S2 for the same price I've paid for the phone to my operator throughout the years and got Xperia Z2. S2 was great, but it was Samsung and that made it die prematurely. Never ever Samsung.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah, for sure S2 will get it! It wont be official, but via Cyanogenmod! Its an armv7 device and will support ART!
    PRESS THANKS IF IT HELPED ;)