No boot logo, no download mode screen

Search This thread

corrystile

Jun 26, 2014
Hello,
i have a galaxy mega I9205 LTE, three weeks ago i have flashed the original 4.4 KK update from samfirmware, and from that moment i have no more boot logo (the one with the "Galaxy mega" words), and download mode screen. I have done a full wipe (clean cache, wipe data, and kalvin wipe) from CMW and original recovery, tried with CM11 rom, and other 4.4 roms (can't downgrade to 4.2.2 :( ), nothing, my boot logo don't come out.
I think the fault is the bootloader, but i don't know if it can be restore or something like that.

How can i fix the problem?

jk0l

Oct 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
try to use a different odin version, like 1.85.
and/or try another firmware.
i know there are at least 2 versions out there on sammobile, ne4 and nf2.

1stfunnyboy

Jul 9, 2014
Flashing I9200XXUDNF3 from sammobile with odin 3.09 didnt slove the problem. Should i try with odin 3.04?? (My phone is GT-I9200)

jk0l

Oct 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
Yeah. I tried to update to Kitkat and have flashed with almost every version of odin and the results were all the same.
However, I didn't encounter problems like you did.
Only the system (rom), recovery, boot (kernel) were flashed, and the modem (radio) and bootloader weren't registered into the phone.
And since my bootloader was still the old one (Knox-free), I was able to downgrade and did OTA update.

So now, for your situation, I can only think of trying to update with Kies.

DO NOT AND NEVER try what I did since you don't have download mode to confirm whether you have the new Knox bootloader, so you might end up BRICKED.

Again. Try to update with Kies. DO NOT downgrade by odin flash old firmwares (4.2.2).
And if Kies works out for you, let the other member (who's having same problem) know.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Aug 1, 2006
Arizona
Yeah. I tried to update to Kitkat and have flashed with almost every version of odin and the results were all the same.
Only the system (rom), recovery, boot (kernel) were flashed, and the modem (radio) and bootloader weren't registered into the phone.
And since my bootloader was still the old one (Knox-free), I was able to downgrade and did OTA update.

DO NOT AND NEVER try what I did since you don't have download mode to confirm whether you have the new Knox bootloader, so you might end up BRICKED.

Again. Try to update with Kies. DO NOT downgrade by odin flash old firmwares (4.2.2).
And if Kies works out for you, let the other member (who's having same problem) know.

:good:

This is the #1 thing I am seeing members doing, attempting to downgrade from KK 4.4.2 Kitkat. It's becoming a trend so to speak. Although I will say it is sometimes a hardware error/issue, not many are reading before installing/attempting to downgrade.......

To the others.......

Once there, there is no going back. Yes you can flash Custom Roms all you want as long as you do not attempt to successfully downgrade the KitKat Knox Bootloader and pass. The OTA even tells you so and this is on any Galaxy phone you buy, not just the Mega.

If you can get into Recovery, then recover one of your backups, only if you didn't update to the Official KitKat 4.4 with the Updated Knox Bootloader either thru OTA or Odin

If you can still get into download mode then you are somewhat okay and there is still some hope. You can try flashing the Official Firmware to recover. Only flash ( pre KitKat 4.4 ) Official Firmwares thru Odin if you didn't already update to the Official KitKat 4.4 with the Updated Knox Bootloader either thru OTA or Odin.

If you can not get into Download Mode and the phone does not boot up or plugging in the phone to the computer with no battery installed you get the qhsusb_dload mode, then the possibility that you are likely bricked is good.

From here you either send it for JTag or see if someone with the same Phone and Carrier can make you a debrick image for you to burn to a memory card so your phone can be able to boot off it into Download Mode and Odin the Official Firmware. You will need to search for this method.

Last edited:

corrystile

Jun 26, 2014
Hello,
i have a galaxy mega I9205 LTE, three weeks ago i have flashed the original 4.4 KK update from samfirmware, and from that moment i have no more boot logo (the one with the "Galaxy mega" words), and download mode screen. I have done a full wipe (clean cache, wipe data, and kalvin wipe) from CMW and original recovery, tried with CM11 rom, and other 4.4 roms (can't downgrade to 4.2.2 :( ), nothing, my boot logo don't come out.
I think the fault is the bootloader, but i don't know if it can be restore or something like that.

How can i fix the problem?

UP.
Tried to use odin 3.09, update bootloader, with new Italian firmware, nothing.
Restore the phone through Kies: nothing.

Galaxy MEGA and Download Mode screen don't appear.

What can i do?

SkyQaz

Sep 5, 2013
Hello guys i got same problem like you after OTA updade to kitkat,
Now i using spirit ron by silesh, what i did is just flash cutom recovery with odin like a blind man!
Just verify you enter download mode.
Turn off your phon( after phone vibrate)
Press vol down+home+power, hold together until phone vibrate and wait about 2sec and then release all button
To verify you enter download mode, please wait about 3minutes if phone not boot to os, you are just one step to download mode, just press and relese volume up to enter download mode
Then connect your phone to pc with odin run in administrator privileges, if odin detect your phone youre ready for rumble LOL

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app

SkyQaz

Sep 5, 2013
So flashing Spirit Rom by Silesh will fix my problem?

No it wont i think this is bootloader issue and custom rom wont change your bootloader so just did like a blind man in download mode, download mode works just only no display. Need new bootloader or bootloader fix for this problem

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app

1stfunnyboy

Jul 9, 2014
No it wont i think this is bootloader issue and custom rom wont change your bootloader so just did like a blind man in download mode, download mode works just only no display. Need new bootloader or bootloader fix for this problem

Flashing using kies didn't solve the problem for me too... "Need new bootloader or bootloader fix for this problem"

zmintchon

Mar 4, 2015
Hello,
I have the same problem. I dont have boot logo, i can access to download mode but without any screen.
I tried everything i could but the problem is still here.
When i turn my phone on i have a black screen and nothing else after.
Sometimes the phone boot on the rom i installed but i works 1 times/5.

Someone can help me please, i can't use my phone since i did the OTA on 4.4.2.

Thanks a lot

jelee

Jan 4, 2008
Just received a phone (Samsung note 3) everything works (sound, led, touchscreen etc..) except the screen is not powering on. (No samsung boot logo)
what is the best thing i can do, trying to recovery by Kies or Odin?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.