[ROM] Update (7/23/12) Tweaked Stock BETA 5.0 (3G Only) | Stock ICS | AROMA

Search This thread

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
Titanium restore failing

Anyone having issues restoring from titanium?

Out of the box, it just hangs.
If you change the method to indirect, it works... for a bit, then hangs, have to force close the unit (I got thru 45 out of 246 apps before it hung).

Edit: no idea what happened but I did a full wipe and tried again, this time its working.... strange

Last edited:

emprize

Jan 15, 2007
bsod when i sleep, battery drain 50% after i wake and switch on again, never see this at RC1

restart device always cant detect sim, need reboot, also never see at RC1

FarmBoi

Nov 27, 2011
Brisbane
My original firmware is XXLA4. As I said I don't know if the reason for the strange behavior is the tweaked rom. But as the problems were pretty serious, I'm afraid to install the tweaked rom again. :eek:

The random coloured pixels filling the screen happened to me once after I powered the tab on from standby. I powered it off, then on and the lockscreen came up as normal.

Note this is with my original stock Rom p6810-DTKL5. Have never used any other Roms so possibly your problem is unrelated to Steve's tweaked Rom.

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Anyone having issues restoring from titanium?

Out of the box, it just hangs.
If you change the method to indirect, it works... for a bit, then hangs, have to force close the unit (I got thru 45 out of 246 apps before it hung).

Edit: no idea what happened but I did a full wipe and tried again, this time its working.... strange

I think the full wipe is the key...

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
I think the full wipe is the key...

Nope, I did full wipe first time as well.... who knows. I suspect the key is to make it never turn off whilst plugged in, then restore whilst plugged in. Mind you I didn't have to do this with any other droid I've played with (and thats quite a few!!!)

FYR Steve might want to put it in bold, market doesn't work out of the box, you have to clear data on market and download service as well then reboot. At least after several attempts at this (including reflashing after full wipe) thats the method I found consistently works. Also do NOT let google restore your settings that appears to eff it as well.

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Nope, I did full wipe first time as well.... who knows. I suspect the key is to make it never turn off whilst plugged in, then restore whilst plugged in. Mind you I didn't have to do this with any other droid I've played with (and thats quite a few!!!)

FYR Steve might want to put it in bold, market doesn't work out of the box, you have to clear data on market and download service as well then reboot. At least after several attempts at this (including reflashing after full wipe) thats the method I found consistently works. Also do NOT let google restore your settings that appears to eff it as well.

Worked for me and apparently most others, but I will certainly add that as a known issue in the OP. I will make a release 1.1 with the vending.apk updated to play market, and that should do it. I was trying to keep it "stock", but WTF...

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it....:).

Steve

Niccolo

Jan 25, 2007
Boot problem and oDin Failure

Hi' i have a big problem hope you can help me.

i flash your rom but the tab doesn't start and i can only see the Galaxy Tab 7.7 logo and nothing else.

I try to flash an Odin ROM (i try all olso the P6800ZSLA2) but it always give me ad error (see att.) and i can only do two choice:

1 - flash the recovery again and go into CM recovery - but i can wipe all, reflash the zip and do the same :(
2 - go into download mode - but no Odin Rom can be flashed...

Any Help?

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 120

emprize

Jan 15, 2007

i flash your rom but the tab doesn't start and i can only see the Galaxy Tab 7.7 logo and nothing else.

I try to flash an Odin ROM (i try all olso the P6800ZSLA2) but it always give me ad error (see att.) and i can only do two choice:

1 - flash the recovery again and go into CM recovery - but i can wipe all, reflash the zip and do the same :(

Any Help?

try flash by using CSC instead of PDA

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York

I try to flash an Odin ROM (i try all also the P6800ZSLA2) but it always give me ad error (see att.) and i can only do two choice:

Any Help?

You must have an incompatible firmware version. Not sure why your ODIN isn't working...but perhaps you need the ZSLA2 (Hong Kong) PIT file? I am not an ODIN pro, so not sure. I know that I used the HK PIT file when I was having issues flashing the stock ZSLA2 ROM once. The PIT file is attached in a zip (need to extract it before using it). Or, have you tried using Mobile Odin? I find that to work with much fewer issues.

I will be posting a XXLA4-based version soon, which should take care of your firmware incompatibility issues (can't guarantee, but it has worked for testers). So, you could (1) try the attached PIT file and flash stock zsla2 with ODIN, (2) try mobile Odin, or (3) restore a backup and wait until I post the XXLA4 version, which should be soon, as in today.

Steve

Attachments

• $RZD0U6N.pit.zip
    538 bytes · Views: 17

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
Just flashed, so far so good. Didnt notice any speed difference yet. Will report if anything goes.

Niccolo

Jan 25, 2007
You must have an incompatible firmware version. Not sure why your ODIN isn't working...but perhaps you need the ZSLA2 (Hong Kong) PIT file? I am not an ODIN pro, so not sure. I know that I used the HK PIT file when I was having issues flashing the stock ZSLA2 ROM once. The PIT file is attached in a zip (need to extract it before using it). Or, have you tried using Mobile Odin? I find that to work with much fewer issues.

I will be posting a XXLA4-based version soon, which should take care of your firmware incompatibility issues (can't guarantee, but it has worked for testers). So, you could (1) try the attached PIT file and flash stock zsla2 with ODIN, (2) try mobile Odin, or (3) restore a backup and wait until I post the XXLA4 version, which should be soon, as in today.

Steve

Tryed with .pit but nothing change :)

For mobile Odin i need the Tab working and now i cant boot it :|

Thanks very much for the XXLA4 version... I hope that can work! Waiting until you upload... Many Thenks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (7/23/12) Tweaked Stock for GT-P6800 Version 5.0

This is the BETA release of my tweaked stock ROM, based off of the new XXLQ1 Firmware. It uses AROMA to install the ROM and gives the user quite a bit of choice as to what apps to install. There are also some choices for mods and fonts, but these are limited ATM. I HAVE NOT tested all of the AROMA options in terms of apps and fonts, but there is nothing that will break anything...;).

This is a BETA release, so please don't flash unless you are willing to accept the risk of some bugs....no screenshots test, as it is stock...

Features

- Based on Official Firmware XXLQ1 (ATO);
    - Deodexed,
    - Zipaligned,
    - AROMA 2.0 Installer;
    - Stock kernel,
    - Init.d support;
    -Removed CPU rendering, full GPU rendering;
    - init.d scripts include: RAM management and VM tweaks, zipalign, flash memory performance and more,
    - build.prop tweaks for improved screen responsiveness, keeping home app in memory, etc.,
    - Most widgets and icons removed from homescreen to make it cleaner and easier to customize (see screenshot),
    - Optimized pngs and smali/xml launcher/framework tweaks for a smoother TW experience,
    - See change log, in post #2...

Coming Very Soon

- Advanced/extended power menu (debugging now...)

Known Issues

-Homescreen is a bit messy when you first boot, depending on what you install via AROMA.... In the final, I will have all widgets, removed and app shortcuts aligned, so you have a clean slate.
    - You tell me....

INSTALLATION

1. Make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM,

2. Download the flashable .zip file you want below,

3. Reboot into clockwork mod recovery,

4. You must flash the XXLQ1 ICS firmware via ODIN/Heimdall before flashing this ROM! Also, a data wipe is strongly recommended before flashing Thanks.

5. Flash the ROM zip in recovery, following the prompts in the AROMA installer (NOTE: on the custom install menu you need to use the volume keys to scroll up and down, working on this...),

6. Let it boot up and then go through the setup wizard,

7. Let the widgets load up and things settle, sync., etc.,

8. Enjoy, and please post bugs in the thread, if any ( "XDA App keeps force closing" is NOT a bug....;)).

9. If you like the ROM, please hit the thanks button....:)!

DOWNLOAD

ROM

(Mirror 1, more to come, if needed): http://d-h.st/pNd

Samsung Apps

http://d-h.st/mSz

PLEASE NOTE:
    • This ROM will flash the modem.bin from the ATO firmware. This should not be an issue for users, but I just want you to know...I have it in there for beta testing purposes, and will remove in future releases...
    • If you use tegrak or some other over-clocking app, or if you restore data with Titanium Backup, please do not post bugs you may have when using those programs. The same goes for restoring system data via Titanium Backup. I cannot debug issues arising from their use.

Thanks/Credits
    • lowtraxx for helping me with the broken fonts issue...
    • More to come...

WARNING/DISCLAIMER

As with all custom ROMs, you flash the ROM and any other items linked to in this post or the remainder of this thread at your own risk. I cannot and will not be held responsible for anything that may happen to your phone, others or you as a result of flashing this ROM.
    Change Log

Version 3.0--->Version 5.0

• [*Initial Release of ICS Version

Version 2.0--->Version 3.0
    • Went back to XXLA4 base, completely rebuilt, with all apks optimized;
    • Removed CPU rendering, full GPU rendering;
    • Added some init.d tweaks to increase ext4 I/O speed,
    • revamped RAM, priorities, handler and vm tweaks;
    • incrased sdcard readahead to 2048,
    • added modded stock launcher from 10.1 that has also been optimized (still not as smooth as TW launcher, IMHO), with smali code altered to work with sqlite version in the firmware;
    • added back memo and a couple of other apps (Kies, etc.) to lite base;
    • Other dorky stuff I am sure I forgot...

Final v 1-->version 2.0
    • Completely rebuilt from newest official firmware DXBL3;
    • Only one version available (should work over all firmware, but see "Please Note" in OP). This is a "Lite Version";
    • Made Samsung App flashable zip available for those who want full ROM;
    • Working HideBar App;
    • Increased free memory in supercharger script;
    • Removed TCP tweaks from build.prop;
    • Redid allanimations in framework and launcher to increase speed/smoothness and reduce lag;
    • Probably a lot more I forgot...

RC3-->Final
    • De-symlinked system/app and data/app_s;
    • Added noatime flash memory tweaks;
    • added drop caches script to (hopefully) reduce lag in homescreen;
    • Messed with the animations a bit to speed them up;
    • More optimizations of Samsung TW apks to at least make them work better (wish I could get rid of them...);
    • Minor speed and battery tweaks;
    • More I am sure I forgot...

RC2-->RC3
    • Changed kernel flash method to improve (hopefully solve) problems with flashing onto some stock firmware;
    • Fixed app drawer background;
    • removed some init.d scripts I felt were extraneous;
    • Speed tweaks (let me know)...

RC1-->RC2
    • Fixed issue in kernel flash that (I hope) was preventing some users phone to force close/bootloop on startup;
    • Fixed issues with some apps and games crashing (again,..:));
    • Symlinked /system/app/ to /data/app/ to offload some data on the system partition;
    • Moved some apps to /data/app so they can be uninstalled;
    • Adjusted the RAM script settings to be less aggressive, but hopefully just as effective;
    • tweaked VM settings;
    • removed some init.d scripts I felt were not adding all that much (make things simpler);
    • further tinkering with framework to smooth out TW interface. I find that the only noticeable lag now is after closing out a program, there is a fraction of a secon of lag when switching home screens. I hope to remove this by the final release...
    Removed Apps & Extras

List of Removed Apps

Again, these can be re-added with the "SamsungApps.zip" in the OP,a will be an option in AROMA next version...
    Kies
    MobilePrint
    Samsung Apps
    Version 2.0

Version 2.0 is up in the OP. Please consider hitting the thanks button if you download. about 10k downloads over the past month and about 200 thanks...;). Thanks!

Steve
    Version 3.0 Up

Hey all,

Version 3.0 is up in the OP, along with the AOSP launcher add-on. Please hit the thanks button if you like it. thanks!

Steve