[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread
Sep 1, 2009
cdma....?

hi, this might be a very dumb question but does this kitchen work for a cdma touch pro. i kno it states gsm in the thread title but i cant find the same kind of thread for the cdma touch pro kitchen. will the kitchen work for both models? i have a RAPH800 from alltel on the cricket network

HA4ever

Apr 12, 2009
@HA4ever:

That's very odd.

I'm attaching a .ZIP file that contains the ERV files from the 21055 kitchen as well as my personal FUZE ERV profile. Please follow this procedure in a new (clean) folder - ex: C:\XDA\My_Visual_Kitchen:

1. Download Visual Kitchen 6.1.21055
  2. Download & Apply Pack 1
  3. Download & Apply Pack 2
  4. Download & Apply Pack 3
  5. Download & Apply Pack 4
  6. Download ERV_Test_Profile_21055.zip

7. Compile a ROM using one of the ERV profiles found in the .\TOOLS\RomSaved folder - do not change selections.
  8. Backup the build log.
  9. Test the ROM on your device.

10. Compile a ROM using 5.12.206.1_FUZE_21055_TEST.erv included in the .ZIP - do not change selections.
  11. Backup the build log.
  12. Test the ROM on your device.

If you are still experiencing the same problem, post separate .ZIP files that contain the logs for each of the ROM compilation/test.

HTH,

thanks a lot dude

that solved my problem :)

TheOner

Oct 15, 2008
Hi,
I have to restore my Touch Pro to original state so i can send it to warranty. Before i flashed my first rom, i dumped raw files from my phone. So i got Part00.raw, Part01.raw, Part02.raw and Part03.raw files.

My factory state was:
ROM Version: 1.90.414.4 WWE
ROM Date: 08/26/08
Radio version: 1.02.25.19
Protocol version: 52.33.25.17U

I tried to find from Visual Kitchen anything what points to RAW files but only what i found was in TOOLS folder raws2nbh.bat.

What are the steps that i have to do so i can cook my original raw files to rom and flash it to my phone. I know how to get rid of Hard-SPL but it's last step.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Hi TheOner,

Pulled this out of a Warranty thread that I found in the Raphael ROM Development forum; this may be an easier approach:

Thread Reference: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=4609019#post4609019

Ok, that being said, since you have the "official" exe from your Carrier, all you really have to do is:

• Run the .exe from your Carrier - this will replace the stock Radio, ROM, and boot splash.
  • Install the warranty stock SPL 1.90 from the Hard-SPL thread (using the Hard-SPL RUU, of course).
  • Re-run the .exe from your Carrier, which will overwrite the 1.90 SPL with the stock version.
Other methods will likely work too, but IMHO, that's the easiest :).

I suspect you will need to use a Legacy Kitchen (PkgToolsBuildOS-5.3) to achieve the results you are after. Here is a link to the Raphael Wiki where you can download the legacy WinMO 6.1 kitchen or the necessary official ROM's if you decide to try Captain's approach:

WIKI: Legacy 6.1 Kitchen and/or Official ROM's
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Raphael

Lastly, have a look at this thread if you decide to follow your intended approach:

How to Reconstruct a Raphael Dumped ROM & Reconstructed ROMs
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=427507

HTH,

fogkiller

May 3, 2009
Hi all!

I got an mda vario 4. I want to upgrade rom on it but i dont know how to do. Which rom is suit for it. How can I make the rom update?

xboomer55

Dec 25, 2007
You mean the VGA manila 2.5 Sie Germans are working on in a secret bunker?

Or the 2.11 version ;)

Looks like this is a bit of a buggy solution ATM to remove that part, but i do really like the way the clouds float in and the sun shines on first look of Home. Then again it is just eye candy.

Was thinking of you yesterday, Noonski. I take back what I said. I like it too! :D

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4864362&postcount=66

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Look who got Promoted to the lousy Job of staying cool.

A public Congrats and welcome to the group that users either hate or love.

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Late PS: Just started Porting my stuff over into Visual Style Kitchen so hopefully in the Future i can submit more updates.

lauchi

Mar 31, 2007
hey guys, i've got a real noobish question:confused:
i've tried to figure it out by myself, but i don't get it fixed:
i've extracted the latest htc rom, deleted some packages, added some packages, created rom, flashed it...till now no problems BUT:
on first boot the "automatic customization" appears and tries to install things, that i've thrown out of the rom => error massage => reset => rom without anything
i tried to find something about that in google, in this forum and in this thread...but found nothing...i'm sorry if this problem has already been reported and solved, but this thread is much to huge to read it page by page..
thanks for your help
lauchi

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Hi lauchi,

You shouldn't have that problem with this kitchen as it is posted.

Assuming you built a "net new" kitchen after extracting an official HTC ROM, I suspect you may not have removed some of the post-customization entries. Have a look at the following folders (packages):

ConfigAP
OperatorPkg
OperatorPkg_PT

They typically contain .TXT and .PROVXML configuration files that initiate post-customization actions.

In this kitchen, the files in these folders have been modified such that very little actions occur. You can find the original versions of the files in packages that begin with DEVICE_. The DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED_ package (as per my notes) is the package you should use to tailor some of the ROM settings.

HTH,

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Reminder: Tools, Profiles, Docs

@all:

Here's a few tools that I use when building a new kitchen:

- emEditor (Edit & File Search)
- Hex Editor
- BeyondCompare (www.scootersoftware.com)

I've included "budget" version of some of these tools (along with many others) in the kitchen:

- Notepad2 & xp_persisthandler.vbs
- XVI32

I assume that all chefs downloading the kitchens in this thread take an hour or so to get acquainted with all of its components such as the TOOLS folder. At the very least, it's really important to go through the ReadMe, ChangeLog, and PackingList as I put a significant amount of time capturing any change that I make in those files.

Additionally, I try to make a point of adding a comment (XDADevelopers) for any change that I make to .PROVXML, .RGU/.REG, APP.DAT/INITFLASHFILES.TXT.

For DEVICE profiles, I know it's a pain but ... chefs should thoroughly examine the contents of the DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED profile as it should serve as your baseline for your own personal version of DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED. The files originally started from the HTC 5.05.405.1 stock ROM files and i've commented changes as I went along. The other DEVICE profiles serve as a container of sorts for the ROM stock files - they are meant for reference more than use.

Lastly, cooking is an art, the culinary experience is entirely in your hands. I've attempted to provide a recipe book assuming that you, the aspiring chefs, will change it to your liking.

:)

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Reminder: Manila, Dialer

@all:

Since the new Manila 2.1/2.5 ports are out, keep the following in mind. The G-Sensor 4 SDK package contains a Blacklist entry to prevent Manila and Phone Canvas rotation.

You may need to remove both of these entries and place them in the Whitelist for rotation to function. These changes may be done via the included the .RGU/.REG and/or .PROVXML (overrides .RGU/.REG).

:)

Last edited:

TheDeadCPU

Retired Senior Moderator
Jun 22, 2009
ಠ_ಠ
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but since I'm using this kitchen I had to ask here..

How can I exchange the HTC Black.tsk with a custom one?
And how can I install custom Taskbar icons?

Sorry if this is the wrong place too post this..

Last edited:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but since I'm using this kitchen I had to ask here..

How can I exchange the HTC Black.tsk with a custom one?

The HTC Black.tsk file is in the OperatorPkg; make sure to search in the *.txt, *.dat, *.ini, *.rgu, and *.*xml files for instances of HTC Black.tsk as well as you will likely need to change any references to HTC Black.tsk.

And how can I install custom Taskbar icons?

Sorry if this is the wrong place too post this..

There should be an taskbar package in:

.\EXT\SHARED\System - Final Configuration\

Some icons are also handled inside resources, which means that you may need to look at some of the packages in:

.\EXT\Raphael\COMMON\System - Configuration Profile (Single Selection Only)\
.\EXT\Raphael\COMMON\System - Enhancement\

In order to keep the kitchen size below 200MB, I had to move some packages into the Application Packs (1-4) ... you may need to download those packs to obtain all of the enhancements you are looking for.

HTH,

Last edited: