[ROM] [HP iPAQ hx2000] [WM6.5] For reference only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

poan

Aug 6, 2007
strange.. does it happen even if You make another hard-reset?

what device do You have?

1) -- Yeas.
2) --hx2190b

Based on google search, this issue is not uncommon. Tried various way,without success. Probably not microsoft related. Related to the nonmicrosoft Bt software
Tried to rename Btcorelf.dll with Total commander, but couldn't do that.
Except for that. Your rom is excellent and I will recommend it.
P-O

Last edited:

AndruX

Nov 13, 2008
Dublin
Hello

I updated my hx2190b. Not everything works perfect - I can't create new bluetooth internet connections over mobile phone...device sometimes freezes, sometimes can't enter a phone number to dial - "Next" button is not working

Any ideas?

Regards,
AndruX

Last edited:

feeldennis

Feb 8, 2009
blue tooth issues

hi, i updated my hx2790, works well, but the bluetooth connection to my mobile fone does not work for internet connection. does not procced to connect.

for those working on the rom, thanks alot.

nextbgates95

Jun 29, 2007
I'm sorry... I still think I'm missing something.

Why is there no Cleartype option in the display settings? What is really strange is that the Facebook application smooths the fonts like Cleartype would, but no other programs are like that.

zenn0n

May 28, 2009
Hi, you have to enable ClearType in the registry:
Navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell and set "NoClearType" to 0.
The ClearType tab appears in the Screen settings panel.

Last edited:

nextbgates95

Jun 29, 2007
Thanks so much, my fonts look much nicer now.

But why was the Cleartype tab not available like it is in the other ROMs?

DeepBlue22

May 27, 2009
Thanks for the rom.
Flsahing Ok
But! Same problem with the Bt as vWbest16 "The Bluetoth Radio failed to turn ON due to insufficient driver memory......."
P-O

For all people getting "The Bluetoth Radio failed to turn ON due to insufficient driver memory......." I can help. Here is what I did:

1. Downgrade to WM5.0 (ROM from HP.com => HP iPAQ hx2000b Pocket PC Series ROM Update)
2. Take your pda to PreBL mode (hold contact+itask+power and then lightly press reset, after about two second unhold remaing buttons). The screen will be white. After that press callendar.
3. Now connect your pda to craddle and plug the cable to AC and then to PC, you will hear beep from pc (USB Device connected).
4. Run hpRUU.exe (WM6.5.SP.v1 by Spiaatie).
5. Make clean reset (hold callendar + itask, then press and hold reset), after about two seconds you will hear knack. Now unhold these buttons. The screen will be black.
6. After that make hard reset (hold callendar + messaging + power and then press and hold reset) after about two seconds unhold reset button first and after about one seconds remaining buttons. You will see on screen PS FORMAT.

Easy... :rolleyes: :p

Spiaatie

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 28, 2008
Jūrmala
www.spiaatie.com
For all people getting "The Bluetoth Radio failed to turn ON due to insufficient driver memory......." I can help. Here is what I did:

1. Downgrade to WM5.0 (ROM from HP.com => HP iPAQ hx2000b Pocket PC Series ROM Update)
2. Take your pda to PreBL mode (hold contact+itask+power and then lightly press reset, after about two second unhold remaing buttons). The screen will be white. After that press callendar.
3. Now connect your pda to craddle and plug the cable to AC and then to PC, you will hear beep from pc (USB Device connected).
5. Make clean reset (hold callendar + itask, then press and hold reset), after about two seconds you will hear knack. Now unhold these buttons. The screen will be black.
6. After that make hard reset (hold callendar + messaging + power and then press and hold reset) after about two seconds unhold reset button first and after about one seconds remaining buttons. You will see on screen PS FORMAT.

Thanks DeepBlue22 for the tip :)

poan

Aug 6, 2007

i've followed your advice step by step.
The problem, can not load Bt due to insufficient driver memory...... is still the answer i get.
mayby this is a hardware issue.
Thank you anyhow. If you have another suggestion I will try it.
P-O

nate1936

May 21, 2009
i've followed your advice step by step.
The problem, can not load Bt due to insufficient driver memory...... is still the answer i get.
mayby this is a hardware issue.
Thank you anyhow. If you have another suggestion I will try it.
P-O

My suggestion,
Skip all the dialogue after you hard-reset. Just go straight to setting and enable bluetooth, I had the error at one point, but if i recall, I just re-flashed, and ran bluetooth right away [before installing anything] and it worked perfect!

garminbreak

Oct 15, 2008
hx2490 & WM65

There are my experiences with WM65 on hx2490 :
- flash without any problems
- BT and WiFi work perfectly, immediately after flash I made clean reset and hard reset
- in my opinion, WM65 is slightly faster than WM61
- less free RAM available, on my device 28-30 megs, but this is enough for all my apps, except Garmin Mobile XT - it has problem with calculating very long routes with many waypoints, on WM61 works well in all conditions
- battery indicator work OK
- this ROM is very stable, I need not use the RESET button :)

Spiaatie - very good work ! Thank You in advance for disable RAM disk :)

poan

Aug 6, 2007
My suggestion,
Skip all the dialogue after you hard-reset. Just go straight to setting and enable bluetooth, I had the error at one point, but if i recall, I just re-flashed, and ran bluetooth right away [before installing anything] and it worked perfect!

I did that as normal, (skipped all dialogs and installs).
Tested another "dirty trick", -25C during 8h in the fridge.-no sucess. Mybee to short to stop power from the back-up battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    News about iPAQ ROM development you can find on Spiaatie's Blog

ROMs for iPAQ devices are available on Spiaatie's ROMs

4647964496_a96296cf98_o.png

Description:

- Carefully read all first 3 posts!
    - ROM Update Works with Windows - 2000 / XP / Vista / 7
    - How to update ROM? Just read README file inside update folder!
    - After update make a hard reset!
    - Please don't mirror my files anywere else!
    - hx2110(5) and hx2410(5) users MUST update ROM in following sequence:
    * 1.00.00L -> 1.00.00H -> 1.02.00H -> WM 6.x

THIS ROM WORKS ONLY WITH:

hx2100 series: hx2110 - hx2115 - hx2190 - hx2190b - hx2195 - hx2195b
    hx2400 series: hx2410 - hx2415 - hx2490 - hx2490b - hx2495 - hx2495b
    hx2700 series: hx2750 - hx2755 - hx2790 - hx2790b - hx2795 - hx2790b

NEVER TRY TO UPDATE hx2490c OR hx2790c - You will brick it!

4647964812_4a6e28d31d_o.png

Spiaatie_Tomahawk_v8C_ROM.png
    Spiaatie_Tomahawk_v8T_ROM.png

My old ROMs and shipped ROMs

4647964440_158e052856_o.png

- You will need these files if you still have WM2003 or WM5 on hx2110(5) / hx2410(5) before You can install WM6.5 Update

upto_spiaatie.png

4647964670_3dcac617ff_o.png

Always use iPAQ in Pre-BL mode to do the update!
    Contacts + iTask + Reset (with stylus)
    Release when Pre-BL appers on screen or if You see just white screen
    Push Calendar button to get connection with PC

PRE_BL_Spiaatie.png

Always HARD-RESET iPAQ after update!

Calendar + Messaging + Power + Reset (with stylus)
    Release when Formatting PS.. appers on screen

HARD_RESET_Spiaatie.png

How to know model number?
    It's under battery.

spiaatie_model_number.jpg

A suggestion for Chinese user:
    T has different core, so many ChinesePlus pockage will invalid. Maybe there is no compatible wince.nls for T.
    C is suite for this situation.
    No Spiaatie :( , e only press reset button , i will instal it now.

You NEED to make hard-reset after ROM update - it's a MUST!

Many apps will not work until you will make hard-reset.