Rooting T599N - MetroPCS ?

Search This thread

extatic

Aug 21, 2011
Ive tried looking for a rooting method for this phone and have not come up with anything, i ran across a page with a list of roms for it so there's got to be a way to root it, I'm not sure if i want to install a rom but what i do want is to uninstall some of the bloatware that comes installed on the phone..

Does anyone have a link for a guide on rooting this phone? and possibly a list of the apps that are safe to remove?

I tried to use the advanced search on this site but i was told it was unavailable..

Any help would be appreciated

Running

android 4.1.2
baseband T599NUVAMD4

mrgsm

Apr 18, 2004
Indonesia
Cydia Impactor

Cydia Impactor is working for me.
After that i able to unlock it via Z3x Box.

Hope Help

Ive tried looking for a rooting method for this phone and have not come up with anything, i ran across a page with a list of roms for it so there's got to be a way to root it, I'm not sure if i want to install a rom but what i do want is to uninstall some of the bloatware that comes installed on the phone..

Does anyone have a link for a guide on rooting this phone? and possibly a list of the apps that are safe to remove?

I tried to use the advanced search on this site but i was told it was unavailable..

Running

android 4.1.2
baseband T599NUVAMD4

Reactions: Ostthug2k

mrgsm

Apr 18, 2004
Indonesia
Hi, just connect it with usb with developer option On, and click start at Impactor where the tab option say 'Put Super User SU at directory system'.

Wait until finish about 10sec proccess.
I can't find SU icon at my T599N though, but my Z3x program said is Rooted.
Then I can unlock it .

Sorry my English is bad, hope you understand.

How can we root with Cydia Imapctor? care to help?

bRitch

Mar 6, 2014
MRGSM

Hi.
I just registered so I could post to this thread =)
BRAND NOOB ALERT!

I've got the Metro PCS sgh-t599n
It has been rooted by my ex boyfriend
I seriously have been trying to unlock this bad boy for almost a month!
And I don't know what I'm doing SO MUCH, that trying to figure it out I accidentally got a Trojan virus on my step moms laptop she let me borrow (SMH-dad fixed that tho phew!)

Do you know how how I can unlock it??
I don't have one of those box thigs but I can connect it to my computer with USB

I have the T mobile sim card (and like a noobie) I activated (and paid for) prepaid service through them 3 wks ago... Sigh.
Guess I was a little over confident I would be able to figure this out lol I have definitely tried everything to find out how...
But I have already canceled my metro service and didn't have them for 3 months prior, so getting my network sim unlock code from Metro isn't an option

Also, (like a big giant noob) I thought I would be cute and try to guess it when I had some time to kill one day
SMH.
Now I may have made it to where I will need a PUK code also.

If you can help me with any advice or information, or even just point me in the right direction you would definitely be my hero at this point!
This is the longest I have ever been away from my 6 yr old and although we Skype often, if I am not home I have no way to reach me atm even tho I'm paying for service.
Boooo. Lol. Someone help the newbie!
Please and thank you =)

QUOTE=mrgsm;46544666]Hi, just connect it with usb with developer option On, and click start at Impactor where the tab option say 'Put Super User SU at directory system'.

Wait until finish about 10sec proccess.
I can't find SU icon at my T599N though, but my Z3x program said is Rooted.
Then I can unlock it .

Sorry my English is bad, hope you understand.[/QUOTE]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cydia Impactor

Cydia Impactor is working for me.
    After that i able to unlock it via Z3x Box.

Hope Help

Running

android 4.1.2
    baseband T599NUVAMD4