(Q)Verizon Galaxy S4 Nightlies

Search This thread

Vzwhater

Feb 12, 2014
I'm using a gs4 on the nightly ROMs. Few issues I've noticed. I can't get the IR to work. It freezes what ever app tries to send it a command. After the most recent Feb 22-23 update my phone has been running hot and draining battery like crazy. Has anyone else experienced this or found solutions? Other then that its great.

chrashduff

Feb 23, 2014
I'm using a gs4 on the nightly ROMs. Few issues I've noticed. I can't get the IR to work. It freezes what ever app tries to send it a command. After the most recent Feb 22-23 update my phone has been running hot and draining battery like crazy. Has anyone else experienced this or found solutions? Other then that its great.

a friend of mine is having the same problem.

Vzwhater

Feb 12, 2014
Update

I flashed the 2-24-14 Nightly last night, and that cleared up my recent issues, with the phone running hot, battery draining fast, and the camera not working. I also switched my Runtime from Dalvik to ART, I noticed an immediate difference, the phone seems much more snappier now. However still don't have a working IR emitter.

Vzwhater

Feb 12, 2014
the latest nightly has battery issues too. It doesn't seem that this developer is very active in the XDA forums. Guess i will stop running omnirom.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
the latest nightly has battery issues too. It doesn't seem that this developer is very active in the XDA forums. Guess i will stop running omnirom.

Of the three jflte maintainers, one sold his device, one is MIA, and one was travelling for a few weeks. :(

jflte is probably one of the device families in worst shape right now.

Although it could be worse. Galaxy Superior (i9260) was brought up by someone, they got it merged in, and disappeared not long afterwards. If it hasn't been pulled from nightlies yet it will be soon.

Vzwhater

Feb 12, 2014
Of the three jflte maintainers, one sold his device, one is MIA, and one was travelling for a few weeks. :(

jflte is probably one of the device families in worst shape right now.

Although it could be worse. Galaxy Superior (i9260) was brought up by someone, they got it merged in, and disappeared not long afterwards. If it hasn't been pulled from nightlies yet it will be soon.

If i can help in anyway, let me know.