Back to 4.1.2 official from 4.4.2 custom easy way !!!

Search This thread

doio77

Apr 9, 2009
Hello , i'm from Romania and i find a easy way to go back to 4.1.2 official from a custom 4.4.2 rom.
I search on internet but i did not find some easy way to install official firmware.
I'm sorry for my english but i hope you will find this thread very usefull.
Ok let's begin:

1. Charge the phone.
2. Open LG mobile support tool official.
3. Turn OFF the phone.
4. Press VOL- and plug the USB cable until you see S/W Upgrade.
5. LG tool will find your phone on 4.1.2. It OK.
6. Go to Options - Country and language and select your country and language.
7. Go to Option - Upgrade recovery.
8. Then the LG tool will search your phone firmware and will automaticaly download latest firmware and install .
9. The phone will reboot, and the logo LG will remain on screen, in my case. Do not panic. Unplug the usb cable and press power button to close the phone.Keep pressing untill is off.
10. Press VOL- and Power to enter recovery mod, do a factory reset, wait for the green robot to finish, restart and then the phone will boot official 4.1.2.

Now you have official 4.1.2 fast and easy.

Good luck !

aria12

Jun 12, 2012
Thanks for share .I think restore Nandroid backup is easier . With your method you have to reunlook bootloader and to root your phone after downgraded to stock firmware.

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

balloon27

May 4, 2013
Groningen
Thanks for share .I think restore Nandroid backup is easier . With your method you have to reunlook bootloader and to root your phone after downgraded to stock firmware.

Thing is, people often neglect to make a backup before changing ROMs. And don't worry about the bootloader, that one stays unlocked. Root access will be gone though, but that can be a good thing. This is a good method, also very useful for reviving bricked devices quickly and with ease (in which case you have to choose the option 'force update').

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

ottomanhero

Jan 4, 2013

Even nandroid backups are useless at times.For example when your internal storage gets corrupted really bad even formatting wouldn't fix it.In this case I've just bricked my phone by corrupting the internal storage for the 3rd time just this week and only LGMsupport can fix it. (even tried makeext4fs command, nothing helps.)
Also you only need to flash a custom recovery, no need to root or unlock the bootloader.

ottomanhero

Jan 4, 2013
Hello,
Can U please confirm that ?
i've always been thinking that using any LG tool to "restore" stock rom automatically remove the root.

BTW thanks for this tuto that should be useful in case of emergency ;)

I meant you don't need to reunlock your bootloader or root again in order to flash a custom ROM after restoring your phone's firmware using LG mobile support tool.
Using some adb command you can flash recovery from your computer without needing root.

Reactions: fozland

amkirk94

May 4, 2013
Thessaloniki
Sorry guys. I'm a bit confused here... :confused: Does that method relock your bootloader or not? If it does, I know that there is a limited number of times you can lock/unlock your bootloader. Can someone explain a little more about that? :silly:

Flying_Bear

Jan 16, 2011
Sorry guys. I'm a bit confused here... :confused: Does that method relock your bootloader or not? If it does, I know that there is a limited number of times you can lock/unlock your bootloader. Can someone explain a little more about that? :silly:

reflashing a kdz doesn't relock the bootloader. (which is what this method does)

however, note that this method, as written here will fully wipe your internal sd card. to avoid that, before doing any of this, boot to custom recovery and format system, data, cache & dalvik cache partitions. then proceed as planned, but on step 9, your phone should not be stuck on boot logo, but it should boot into first login screen

Last edited:
Reactions: amkirk94

amkirk94

May 4, 2013
Thessaloniki
reflashing a kdz doesn't relock the bootloader. (which is what this method does)

however, note that this method, as written here will fully wipe your internal sd card. to avoid that, before doing any of this, boot to cwm and format system, data, cache & dalvik cache partitions. then proceed as planned, but on step 9, your phone should not be stuck on boot logo, but it should boot into first login screen

ok thanks :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello , i'm from Romania and i find a easy way to go back to 4.1.2 official from a custom 4.4.2 rom.
    I search on internet but i did not find some easy way to install official firmware.
    I'm sorry for my english but i hope you will find this thread very usefull.
    Ok let's begin:

1. Charge the phone.
    2. Open LG mobile support tool official.
    3. Turn OFF the phone.
    4. Press VOL- and plug the USB cable until you see S/W Upgrade.
    5. LG tool will find your phone on 4.1.2. It OK.
    6. Go to Options - Country and language and select your country and language.
    7. Go to Option - Upgrade recovery.
    8. Then the LG tool will search your phone firmware and will automaticaly download latest firmware and install .
    9. The phone will reboot, and the logo LG will remain on screen, in my case. Do not panic. Unplug the usb cable and press power button to close the phone.Keep pressing untill is off.
    10. Press VOL- and Power to enter recovery mod, do a factory reset, wait for the green robot to finish, restart and then the phone will boot official 4.1.2.

Now you have official 4.1.2 fast and easy.

Good luck !
    Hello,
    Can U please confirm that ?
    i've always been thinking that using any LG tool to "restore" stock rom automatically remove the root.

BTW thanks for this tuto that should be useful in case of emergency ;)

I meant you don't need to reunlock your bootloader or root again in order to flash a custom ROM after restoring your phone's firmware using LG mobile support tool.
    Using some adb command you can flash recovery from your computer without needing root.

however, note that this method, as written here will fully wipe your internal sd card. to avoid that, before doing any of this, boot to custom recovery and format system, data, cache & dalvik cache partitions. then proceed as planned, but on step 9, your phone should not be stuck on boot logo, but it should boot into first login screen