TWRP backups not recognized

Search This thread
Dec 7, 2011
Let me start by saying that I am not new to rooting and flashing firmware, its just been a while since I last did it. I've had a nexus 5 for a few months with sprint in the US. I continually have reception issues and dropped calls so I took the phone in to a store. Before I could do that I had to reset everything to stock. I had no trouble doing any of that. I made a complete backup of my ROM before I did all that using TWRP. I went to the store and they told me to turn off lte in order to reduce dropped calls. After the I got home I set to work re-rooting and unlocking my bootlaoder. However when I went to restore in TWRP it would not recognize the backup even though it had been made only a few hours before. I spent several hours trying to get TWRP to recognize the backup. Whenever I navigated to the directory containing the backup the directory was always empty. I even tried zipping the backup and flashing it but it did not work. Eventually I decided to cut my losses and move on. I plan on taking the phone back to sprint tomorrow because I still have horrible reception issues. I really want to avoid having to go through the whole ordeal again but I am not sure what I did wrong. The only thing I can think of is that immediately after making the backup I moved it off the device onto my laptop but did not modify it in any way. I had some experience with CWM back when I had my old HP touchpad but none with TWRP, however they don't seem that different. Any help is greatly appreciated.

upndwn4par

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
Let me start by saying that I am not new to rooting and flashing firmware, its just been a while since I last did it. I've had a nexus 5 for a few months with sprint in the US. I continually have reception issues and dropped calls so I took the phone in to a store. Before I could do that I had to reset everything to stock. I had no trouble doing any of that. I made a complete backup of my ROM before I did all that using TWRP. I went to the store and they told me to turn off lte in order to reduce dropped calls. After the I got home I set to work re-rooting and unlocking my bootlaoder. However when I went to restore in TWRP it would not recognize the backup even though it had been made only a few hours before. I spent several hours trying to get TWRP to recognize the backup. Whenever I navigated to the directory containing the backup the directory was always empty. I even tried zipping the backup and flashing it but it did not work. Eventually I decided to cut my losses and move on. I plan on taking the phone back to sprint tomorrow because I still have horrible reception issues. I really want to avoid having to go through the whole ordeal again but I am not sure what I did wrong. The only thing I can think of is that immediately after making the backup I moved it off the device onto my laptop but did not modify it in any way. I had some experience with CWM back when I had my old HP touchpad but none with TWRP, however they don't seem that different. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Did you put your backups in the correct sub-directory?

Should be something like: TWRP/BACKUPS/87095jgjg9034/nameofyourbackup

Dec 7, 2011
Well, this is interesting. I went to Sprint today and they weren't much help but before I went there I reset everything back to stock. I made a backup yesterday and when I got home I put it on my phone and it was recognized immediately by TWRP and I was able to restore it. Not sure what I did wrong last time, if I did anything wrong at all.

upndwn4par

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
Well, this is interesting. I went to Sprint today and they weren't much help but before I went there I reset everything back to stock. I made a backup yesterday and when I got home I put it on my phone and it was recognized immediately by TWRP and I was able to restore it. Not sure what I did wrong last time, if I did anything wrong at all.

Yeah, that's a bit odd. Glad you got it working now. :)

Sent from some device using XDA Premium mobile app