MHL - AC vs USB Charging

Search This thread

tsitalon1

Apr 21, 2011
Hey guys,

Bought a used HTC One due to BT connectivity problems with my SG4.

I have a requirement to use MHL daily and need an adapter that will allow "AC" chargiing mode. I am using the same charger as I did with my SG4 that did provide enough to actually charge the phone while using MHL.

The same usb charger running through my current MHL 1,0 adapter into my HTC one, will only put the phone into "USB" charging mode. This is not adequate and will probably force me to sell the phone off.

Here's the MHL adapter I am using:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005F9W6DU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do you guys know of a MHL adapter for our phones that will allow AC charging mode?

Chilidog

Oct 6, 2013
Hey guys,

Bought a used HTC One due to BT connectivity problems with my SG4.

I have a requirement to use MHL daily and need an adapter that will allow "AC" chargiing mode. I am using the same charger as I did with my SG4 that did provide enough to actually charge the phone while using MHL.

The same usb charger running through my current MHL 1,0 adapter into my HTC one, will only put the phone into "USB" charging mode. This is not adequate and will probably force me to sell the phone off.

Here's the MHL adapter I am using:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005F9W6DU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do you guys know of a MHL adapter for our phones that will allow AC charging mode?

It can't do both.

BygSii

Jan 27, 2013
I have the rocket fish mhl cable. I have hooked it up to my tv to watch NFL Mobile plenty of times. I plug my phone AC wall charger into the MHL cable as well to keep the phone charged, however, the phones battery life does not increase. So say, my battery is at 75% and I plug my mhl cable into my phone into the tv and my 1 amp power charger from my wall into my mhl cable to charge my phone, even though I get the charge status, two hours later, three hours later, my phone is still hovering around 75%. I hear it takes a lot of power to run mhl cables from the htc one to a tv. I hope I helped you with any information that I provided.