Just incase nobody knew about this

Search This thread

corallus

May 5, 2011
You know those noise cancelling headphones we all got, well as you know they have a mic on each earpiece. well if you put them in your ears and then into the phone a little icon comes up in task bar saying "configure accessory". click on that and instead of headset, choose microphone and then if you record video it records in true stereo and with less hiss than handset alone.
Basically, your headset works as if it is that £30 mic attachment.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

goodpenguin

Mar 25, 2013
You know those noise cancelling headphones we all got, well as you know they have a mic on each earpiece. well if you put them in your ears and then into the phone a little icon comes up in task bar saying "configure accessory". click on that and instead of headset, choose microphone and then if you record video it records in true stereo and with less hiss than handset alone.

Nice info! I only knew it has a mic for taking calls. It's good that it can be used to record video as well. Thanks!

PulpDood

Oct 7, 2010
Also, you don't have to swipe down the notification bar then click quick settings to get the settings. You can just swipe down as usual, then (keeping your thumb/finger on the screen the whole time) swipe back up but to the right half of the screen and finally swipe back down again and you get your quick settings :D. Sounds lengthier, but in practice feels much quicker.

Alternative is to just swipe down the notification bar with two fingers.

Last edited:

edge3uk

Dec 26, 2010
Also, you don't have to swipe down the notification bar then click quick settings to get the settings. You can just swipe down as usual, then (keeping your thumb/finger on the screen the whole time) swipe back up but to the right half of the screen and finally swipe back down again and you get your quick settings :D. Sounds lengthier, but in practice feels much quicker.

Totally didnt know about that! thanks dude!

SexyIceCream

Oct 11, 2010

actually, there is a faster way. assuming you're a right hander, you'd be swiping down the nof bar from the right side. when putting ur thumb/finger on the bar, hold it there for a sec; it will switch to quick settings when you pull it down.

BR4DOKYBrazil

Sep 20, 2011
Londrina
Great tip!

But I am very curious as to how this noise cancellation works! He picks up external noise through the microphone and do what with it? I do not understand how it works!

feis

Dec 30, 2008
Actually just swap with 2 fingers and you get there instantly

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

corallus

May 5, 2011
Great tip!

But I am very curious as to how this noise cancellation works! He picks up external noise through the microphone and do what with it? I do not understand how it works!

It plays the exact opposite noise through the earpieces to cancel it out. You can do it yourself with mp3s to get an acapella if you have the instrumental to turn into a negative waveform.

Reactions: BR4DOKYBrazil

WeSbO

Apr 26, 2014

Thanks for the info, I was wondering if the earbuds would also work as a stereo microphone (I haven't received my Z2 yet). Because I do not need the earbuds so i'am going to convert them into a a stereo mic that will be like the STM10, probably not as goog though, but better than the internal mic.

Reactions: BR4DOKYBrazil

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just incase anybody didn't know, when you're playing music, long press on the lockscreen widget to reveal a time played slider :)

actually, there is a faster way. assuming you're a right hander, you'd be swiping down the nof bar from the right side. when putting ur thumb/finger on the bar, hold it there for a sec; it will switch to quick settings when you pull it down.

We got some sneakers in Australia...
    I never understood how that related to the phone :confused:

To take random peoples photos without their consent and run faster when you get busted ?