[Q] SM-N900T 4.4.2, rooted, region free, still region locked

Search This thread

jbcholdings

Dec 2, 2010
I have a T-Mobile USA SM-N900T currently running [ROM][KERNEL][4.4.2-NE4][SM-N9005]CivZ_FlexKat_Rev3.5

The ROM is listed as "region free" however when I attempt to insert one2free Hong Kong prepaid SIM-card I got a 'network locked sim card inserted' error?

I can't use "Region Lock Away" as it's no-longer functional on 4.4.2 - and I can't downgrade to 4.3 because I assume my bootloader has already been upgraded.

Any solution here?

Shouldn't a "region free" ROM no longer enforce the region lock?

re: region lock

I have a T-Mobile USA SM-N900T currently running [ROM][KERNEL][4.4.2-NE4][SM-N9005]CivZ_FlexKat_Rev3.5

The ROM is listed as "region free" however when I attempt to insert one2free Hong Kong prepaid SIM-card I got a 'network locked sim card inserted' error?

I can't use "Region Lock Away" as it's no-longer functional on 4.4.2 - and I can't downgrade to 4.3 because I assume my bootloader has already been upgraded.

Any solution here?

Check out this rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487425
It is region free but it's a N9005 custom rom and it works fine with a N900T Note 3
phone. The only thing which it will lack is wifi calling.

After flashing the rom you will need to flash the wifi/nfc/bluetooth fix in recovery
in order to get the wifi working. (not wifi calling!)

Here is the link to the wifi/nfc/bluetooth fix zip file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45687485/Needed_Files_BT_WIFI_NFC_Flashable.zip

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: jbcholdings

jbcholdings

Dec 2, 2010
It is region free but it's a N9005 custom rom and it works fine with a N900T Note 3

After flashing the rom you will need to flash the wifi/nfc/bluetooth fix in recovery

Here is the link to the wifi/nfc/bluetooth fix zip file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45687485/Needed_Files_BT_WIFI_NFC_Flashable.zip

Good luck!

Same results with this ROM Boots to a "Enter SIM unlock key", and "Network locked SIM inserted" screen.

I don't understand - as my understanding was the region-lock was only for the INITIAL activation of the phone in it's home market, IE it was activated at some point in the US with a US sim!?

It would figure now that it has been rooted/ROM replaced it wouldn't region lock again?

The phone did have a black-listed IMEI - but worked on roaming here with my US sim prior to porting the number to Google Voice :confused: smh

Last edited:

MystaMagoo

Nov 15, 2008
www.teamagoo.uk
Same results with this ROM Boots to a "Enter SIM unlock key", and "Network locked SIM inserted" screen.

I don't understand - as my understanding was the region-lock was only for the INITIAL activation of the phone in it's home market, IE it was activated at some point in the US with a US sim!?

It would figure now that it has been rooted/ROM replaced it wouldn't region lock again?

The phone did have a black-listed IMEI - but worked on roaming here with my US sim prior to porting the number to Google Voice :confused: smh

region free and sim lock are 2 different things.
sounds like you need the sim unlock code

I used freeunlocks.com,you have to do a trialpay thing but there may be one that suits your needs?
cost me just under £5 and I got 4 unlock codes,network,provider,sub-provider and defreeze.

my phone is now sim unlocked and sim unlock also does region lock

RaphaelBEN

Jun 22, 2014

Any solution here?

Hi,
I had the same problem with my European Note 3 when going in Israel.
The solution was to unlock the phone by using a European sim and calling somebody (for instance your voicemail) for 5 minutes or more.
Then it was unlocked...
Try it if you have an American Sim somewhere...
Hope it will help...

Reactions: jbcholdings

jbcholdings

Dec 2, 2010
Hi,
The solution was to unlock the phone by using a European sim and calling somebody (for instance your voicemail) for 5 minutes or more.
Then it was unlocked...
Hope it will help...

Thank you, I'll give it a shot.

I went to a Samsung Service Center (in Hong Kong), and they told me I would have to get my "American Carrier" to unlock the phone and that they could not help me.

As I am not a customer of T-Mobile USA anymore I don't think there is much I can do- as I don't think they will help me over the phone or would have any idea what to do at a normal T-Mobile USA store.

I might try to find an American Pre-paid SIM and try that option.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    re: region lock

Any solution here?

Good luck!

Any solution here?

Hi,
    Then it was unlocked...
    Hope it will help...