scan credit cards on ur android phone

Search This thread

mx499

Dec 19, 2011
is that true? have you used it before? I have never heard of it before.. but that would be awesome

jirafabo

Dec 4, 2007
Orlando
Been using square (squareup.com) for over a year for my business and personal use. It works great. The swiping dongles are free, or $1, i don't remember which. I have a few that I keep in my car and business partner's car so we always have one available.
Once you have your account activated, you can even run cards without swiping them, although it is about a 1/2% higher fee.

Also, my customers love when they get to sign on my phone with their finger, and I email them a receipt with a picture and geolocation tag of where the transaction took place.

squshy 7

Dec 6, 2010
I'm waiting for an NFC wallet to pay to an NFC receiver....phone to phone transaction lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

smikwily

Nov 25, 2009
Mansfield, OH
You can buy a Square reader in places like the Apple Store, BestBuy, RadioShack, etc., for about $10. You'll have to pay tax, but the box includes a $10 credit for your account.

You can also request they send you one for free.

Works good. Have used it a few times and have had no issues.

Square is 2.75% flat.

Intuit Swipe appears to be 2.7%, but 3.7% if you manually enter it (type in the card number instead of swiping). They do have a "high volume" account that has a lower percentage rate, but a monthly fee.

SuperSwagSauce

Feb 2, 2012
Ashburn, VA
A buddy of mine, who owns a cigar shop that I frequent, has square and he loves it. I've been able to watch the shop for him a few times and use it myself, and it's so simple to use.

Sent from my Super Sexy Epic touch.

DutchDogg54

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 16, 2011
Des Moines, IA
You can buy a Square reader in places like the Apple Store, BestBuy, RadioShack, etc., for about $10. You'll have to pay tax, but the box includes a $10 credit for your account.

Square is 2.75% flat.

Intuit Swipe appears to be 2.7%, but 3.7% if you manually enter it (type in the card number instead of swiping). They do have a "high volume" account that has a lower percentage rate, but a monthly fee.

Do you know what the cost to manual enter on square is?

Reactions: ruffneckZeVo

Wizard Knight

Apr 24, 2010
Long Island, New York
I work for a credit card processor and those rates you guys are spewing are HUGE. They're double what you would pay simply by opening a processing acct and downloading the verifone payware mobile app from the market.

current interchange rate on visa/mc transactions is 1.54%. if you're paying 3.5, you're paying more than double the fees

I agree that the square thing is a cool device but you're really getting torn apart in fees

DutchDogg54

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 16, 2011
Des Moines, IA
I work for a credit card processor and those rates you guys are spewing are HUGE. They're double what you would pay simply by opening a processing acct and downloading the verifone payware mobile app from the market.

current interchange rate on visa/mc transactions is 1.54%. if you're paying 3.5, you're paying more than double the fees

I agree that the square thing is a cool device but you're really getting torn apart in fees

What do you mean "opening a processing acct"? Is that something you can do through that app or where would I go to initiate one?

IRatchett

Apr 17, 2008
Richmond,VA

But you have to remember, with Square the only fee you pay is 2.75% when you swipe the card. No monthly fees, nothing to buy, no startup fees.

So Square is great for a person that may sell stuff on CL or yard sale, or flea market.

I have 4 free readers and I love Square.

Dec 7, 2009

I was going to say the same thing.....only advantage being with these it looks like you can drop money into your personal account....I wonder if they give you a 1099 at year end?

PS...I just noticed you are from my area, do you work at EPI?

IRatchett

Apr 17, 2008
Richmond,VA
Also Paypal is starting to do this. The fee is 2.70% and the money is in your Paypal account right away. Ive used both and have had no problem. If I had to pick I would pick Paypal because the money is there right away.

Its called Paypal Here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: gronimo21

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
you guys that think the price for transaction is too high do realize you can simply charge 3% more for your transaction than you were going too to absorb the cost. Its just an alternative if the 3% is too much for you. Of course on larger ticketed items it may not be as easy but you can still inflate price some to cover fees

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Square is 2.75% flat.

Do you know what the cost to manual enter on square is?
    Also Paypal is starting to do this. The fee is 2.70% and the money is in your Paypal account right away. Ive used both and have had no problem. If I had to pick I would pick Paypal because the money is there right away.

Its called Paypal Here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2