[ROM] CM 10.1 (Android 4.2) for RazrHD XT925/XT926

Search This thread

epinter

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2011
Sao Paulo
www.linuxmobile.org
This is a CM10.1 (Jelly Bean, Android 4.2) ROM for RAZR HD.

I'm not responsible by phone bricks of any kind, or any other damage this firmware may cause to you, to your phone or any accessories conected to your phone.

This firmware can be used with a unlocked bootloader.

Download links and information about what is working can be found on the website:
http://www.linuxmobile.org/razrhd/cm10-1

Instructions:
Download the zip (cm-10.1-*-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-xt925.zip) and copy to your sdcard.
Boot into recovery.
Backup your firmware and data!
Format /system.
Install the firmware (install zip from...).
Install gapps (install zip from...).
Wipe data/cache (don't wipe if you plan to upgrade from CM10 to CM10.1)
Reboot.

DEVELOPERS (razrqcom-dev-team):
EPinter - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT925 & MB886 Support
DHacker - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT926 Support
Hashcode - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT926 Support
Nadlabak - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT897 Support
Skrilax_CZ - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT897 Support

Developers builds:
DHacker: http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/cm/
Epinter: http://goo.im/devs/epinter
Skrilax: http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/cm10.1nightly/razrqcom/choose_device.php

37XGm.png

0Mx4q.png

ti5bH.png

2eWHL.png

Last edited:

liquelt

Jan 5, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
This is a CM10.1 (Jelly Bean, Android 4.2) firmware for RAZR HD. It's not a official CyanogenMod, and it's not supported by CM team.

This firmware can be used with a unlocked bootloader or with safestrap.

Download links and information about what is working can be found on the website:

Instructions:
Download the zip (cm-10.1-*-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-xt925.zip) and copy to your sdcard.
Boot into recovery.
Format /system.
Reboot.

Thanks dhacker29 for collaboration

Man, Thanks for this amazing ROM.
Can't wait to see CM10.1 running on my device.
You are doing an amazing job with this phone!
Are you going to post homescreens and benchmarks?
Thanks again...

exec1

May 13, 2012
What kind of Recovery are be requied? CWM, Safetrap or will there both working?

Hydrohs

Jun 18, 2011
Nova Scotia
Just to let everyone know, installing Google Apps completely broke it for me. Setup Wizard and com.android.google.gapps kept force closing over and over, couldn't use it at all. Also it kept nesting my internal storage under a 0 folder every time I reflashed. So before I returned to CM10 I had sdcard0/0/0/ with all my stuff under that last folder, which made it difficult to restore my nandroid backup...

Reactions: jxian

Royalfox

Jul 17, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Just to let everyone know, installing Google Apps completely broke it for me. Setup Wizard and com.android.google.gapps kept force closing over and over, couldn't use it at all. Also it kept nesting my internal storage under a 0 folder every time I reflashed. So before I returned to CM10 I had sdcard0/0/0/ with all my stuff under that last folder, which made it difficult to restore my nandroid backup...

4.2 made this. I remember we had that problem when I had my GNex. It's a multiuser if I'm correct

Sent from my XT925

Hydrohs

Jun 18, 2011
Nova Scotia
Any way to get GApps to work correctly? Everything seemed to go fine when I went without it. Maybe it was the zip I was using? I was only able to find one GApps package, they don't seem to be hosted on the CM Wiki any more.

Reactions: jxian

ben3255

Apr 16, 2009
My hero

Thanks epinter you are my hero!

Amazing work, will try it right now and report asap

UPDATE:

using CWM, flashed rom then gapps from goo.im/gapps (the 4.2 version), then wipe + reboot.

got through intro wizard fine, gapps seem ok to me, wifi and phone all ok as well so presume its as epinter sais it is on his site, excellent :)

Last edited:

Jodelaplaya

Nov 26, 2010
Avignon
Excellent !
what are the known bugs ? Edit sorry i didnt see the link ^^
Thank's mate

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Palmin

Nov 25, 2011
Newfirecastle
Fantastic Job! :thumbup:

ROM runs realy fast and looks so great.

I hope you can fix the non working camera and the other bugs.

Donation is on the way!

Gesendet von meinem XT925 mit Tapatalk 2

ropin1

Apr 17, 2012
sorry if this is off topic but does anyone know the theme epinter is using in the first picture. and what is that circle widget hes got?

Thanks

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
I can only imagine the kind of effort and the amount of time you spend working on this so that we can all enjoy the latest and greatest CM.

The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving.” -Albert Einstein

Thank you very much Emerson.

alcaloide_

Nov 9, 2011
Mexico
Thank you so much Emerson, will give a little donation when I can, fantastic job
Android 4.2 is amazing, you can really tell the difference between 4.1 and 4.2..

And remember guys, to access developer settings on Android 4.2 go to Settings -> About phone and tap Build Number 7 times :good:

jasonjw12

Nov 25, 2012
Should we be able to install this a safe strap slot?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

epinter

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2011
Sao Paulo
www.linuxmobile.org
Should we be able to install this a safe strap slot?

I didn't try yet, but I'm almost sure it will not work. The display code in the kernel was changed, and the display libraries upgraded. When I have time, I will test and try to make a version for safestrap.

jasonjw12

Nov 25, 2012
I didn't try yet, but I'm almost sure it will not work. The display code in the kernel was changed, and the display libraries upgraded. When I have time, I will test and try to make a version for safestrap.

That would be great. I tried installing it in a slot and all I got was the boot animation. I let it sit for over 20 mins but it never finished booting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a CM10.1 (Jelly Bean, Android 4.2) ROM for RAZR HD.

I'm not responsible by phone bricks of any kind, or any other damage this firmware may cause to you, to your phone or any accessories conected to your phone.

This firmware can be used with a unlocked bootloader.

Instructions:
    Boot into recovery.
    Format /system.
    Reboot.

DEVELOPERS (razrqcom-dev-team):
    EPinter - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT925 & MB886 Support
    DHacker - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT926 Support
    Hashcode - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT926 Support
    Nadlabak - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT897 Support
    Skrilax_CZ - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT897 Support

Developers builds:
    DHacker: http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/cm/
    Epinter: http://goo.im/devs/epinter
    Skrilax: http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/cm10.1nightly/razrqcom/choose_device.php

37XGm.png

0Mx4q.png

ti5bH.png

2eWHL.png
    Feedback

Last week, cyanogenmod introduced some changes that break razrhd, don't boot anymore. To make it work again, we must make a change that breaks video decoding. We are working on a solution to solve all the kernel problems and avoid this kind of issue, but it may require some time.
    Working with dhacker to bring cm-10.2 to motorola qcom phones. Progress until now:
    No calls, lot of crashes, but some things working (wifi, display, audio). A lot of things to do yet. No ETA.

Be7LNcy.png
    Updated to 4.2.2, no bootloops or sensor problems.
    I hate when that happens. And it's more frustrating when there's so few other Roms to try with our device. But epinter has all the right to focus on his real work and family. I appreciate his work and I hope he can work again on this Rom in the near future.

I, as I'm sure many of you are, love to try new Roms on my Android devices. And the lack of options on this magnificent phone is infuriating. So many potential.

I'm trying to do something, some minutes in a day ... Building, trying to debug camera ...