Mobogenie_1501.apk downloads by itself

Search This thread

knng

May 4, 2013
i realized that we dont have any phone app causing that. in my first post i said it must be the dolphin browser and i uninstalled it, used firefox and did not see mobogenie .for a couple of days. i was going to be happy but today when visiting some web page it came again! i looked logcat there was nothing. came back to website again and saw that there is an ad. box running with javascript causing mobogenie app install or opening mobogenie install page of the market.. ads were related to ro2.biz and ads.blueads.com thats it..

Mobogenie

Nov 22, 2013
i realized that we dont have any phone app causing that. in my first post i said it must be the dolphin browser and i uninstalled it, used firefox and did not see mobogenie .for a couple of days. i was going to be happy but today when visiting some web page it came again! i looked logcat there was nothing. came back to website again and saw that there is an ad. box running with javascript causing mobogenie app install or opening mobogenie install page of the market.. ads were related to ro2.biz and ads.blueads.com thats it..

Hi knng,
Thank you for providing the links. you wont see mobogenie add soon on these link. if you have any other issue or you face any other problem then you can contact us on : support @ mobogenie . com / on facebook [unable to post the link because of forum restrictions]
We will try our level best to support and resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Mobogenie App is in its initial stages on later stages it will be in much better condition.
if you guyz have any suggestion or feature request then too please let us know.

Thanks & Regards

Team Mobogenie

Mobogenie

Nov 22, 2013
Hi Guyz,

Can you guyz provide me the website link that you were visiting just before you started to get the mobogenie apk install.

this will help us a lot to track and stop it.

Thanks & Reagrds

Team Mobogenie

lucalunardi

Mar 13, 2013
Lajeado
Hi Guyz,

Can you guyz provide me the website link that you were visiting just before you started to get the mobogenie apk install.

this will help us a lot to track and stop it.

Thanks & Reagrds

Team Mobogenie

It showed up randomly for me. I got it while browsing a bunch of sites such as Xda, android police, nasa, space.com and some others. I got the download request even while browsing through Flipboard.

As you can see in the previous posts others report a bunch of other sites too.

I stopped receiving the download request after I deactivated all personalized ads from my google account ( www.google.com.br/ads/preferences) and deactivated the RootPA.apk on my system (com.gd.mobicore.pa).

I'm not sure wich solved the issue but I sorted it out myself long before you guys show up here...

Sent from my phone using the "Send" button.

g_gourlay

Jul 18, 2013
Help - it happened to me too - a noob!

It showed up randomly for me. I got it while browsing a bunch of sites such as Xda, android police, nasa, space.com and some others. I got the download request even while browsing through Flipboard.

I stopped receiving the download request after I deactivated all personalized ads from my google account ( www.google.com.br/ads/preferences) and deactivated the RootPA.apk on my system (com.gd.mobicore.pa).

I'm not sure wich solved the issue but I sorted it out myself long before you guys show up here...

Luca/guys ...

It happened to me as well today on my Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) after update to JB. I got it when browsing super-standard websites on either the stock android browser or on Chrome. I'm guessing that it's from the Adsense adverts embedded in the websites ... as I don't download ANYTHING on my tablet.

Luca: can you please give me - an android noob - an idea about the RootPA.apk that you mention on your system. To me, it sounds like a rooted device whereas my device is unrooted. If its not a rooted apk file, could you tell me how to deactivate it?

Thanks.

lucalunardi

Mar 13, 2013
Lajeado
Luca/guys ...

Luca: can you please give me - an android noob - an idea about the RootPA.apk that you mention on your system. To me, it sounds like a rooted device whereas my device is unrooted. If its not a rooted apk file, could you tell me how to deactivate it?

Thanks.

Sure man.

This apk was the only one I've got on my system that I couldn't figure out from where it came from. None of the apps I use suffered any problem with it deactivated neither it has anything to do with my device being rooted (It was there before). Google was not my friend.

You can go to Config -> Application manager. Swipe to the "all" tab. To check if you have it on your system. Unfortunately you if you click it you'll see that it's not possible to disable it through system. Only root can help you then.

I'd like to make clear that I'm not sure wether disabling this app or changing the google Ads setting fixed the problem (maybe them both together) since I did both at the same moment and never reverted back.

Mobogenie

Nov 22, 2013

I stopped receiving the download request after I deactivated all personalized ads from my google account ( and deactivated the RootPA.apk on my system

Thank you very much Lucalunardi this information will really help. and as per me i think Deactivating the personalized ads may have done the trick for you. Because its just the ads that are causing this.

Thanks once again Lucalunardi

Regards

Team Mobogenie

Reactions: lucalunardi

docslate

Nov 3, 2010
Absolutely certain this is where I picked it up

http://d-h.st/JPq
Only the middle "download" icon is a true download link for the intended file.
The top and bottom are shams which I opened first. Started to download Mobogenie which I didn't install. Several minutes later I got another "download in progress". I'm not sure if the process stopped. If it didn't I'm just going to restore a ROM backup I made 2 days ago.

Mar 14, 2013
Well, it hasn't happened for me in over a week now. Hope to never see it again. If they did produce good software, it's definitely been tainted in my mind by this experience.

G

GuestK00430

Sneaking apks into Ads is a direct ticket to being shamed, the issue doesn't happen if the user agent is set to anything other than Android, so it looks like it is targeting Android devices in particular to manipulate.

Mar 14, 2013
Sneaking apks into Ads is a direct ticket to being shamed, the issue doesn't happen if the user agent is set to anything other than Android, so it looks like it is targeting Android devices in particular to manipulate.

Ah, this makes a lot of sense. That's why I haven't seen it lately - recently changed my user agent in dolphin to desktop and never got around to changing it back.

yfital

Jun 29, 2010
OnePlus 7T
This is horrible, it's spreading like fire into multiple sites (completely random).

Horrible app.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

After I reflashed android ROM to stock 4.3, rooted, restored my apps with TiBackup (done that process thousands of times) something strange happened.

Now from time to time file Mobogenie_1501.apk downloads by itself. I didn't open it (just in case). I delete it from downloads folder and after a day it downloads again (I can see that in notifications).

I didn't install anything unusuall except http://download.chainfire.eu/351/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip. Everything else - the stuff from Google Play I used for ages.

What is this Mobogenie_1501.apk?
    some other symptoms associated to mobogenie_1501.apk download

I've noticed that since this persistent download has started on my Galaxy s4 there's also another strange thing. The phone is slower, the system crashed several times and the process com.google.process.gapps is often reported as blocked. I've found it under Google Services in Application Manager/Active at the bottom as one of the processes.

Does it help?
    Hi,

After I reflashed android ROM to stock 4.3, rooted, restored my apps with TiBackup (done that process thousands of times) something strange happened.

Now from time to time file Mobogenie_1501.apk downloads by itself. I didn't open it (just in case). I delete it from downloads folder and after a day it downloads again (I can see that in notifications).

I didn't install anything unusuall except [had to remove it] Everything else - the stuff from Google Play I used for ages.

What is this Mobogenie_1501.apk?

Hi bat0nas and every one here,
    I work for Mobogenie.com
    we really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, We have noticed that some users are getting Pop-up for Downloading Mobogenie in many websites and other sources, We found that there was some technical issues happened from our promotional partner and we are trying to fix the issue at the earliest. Thanks for your feedback…!
    If you face any other issue regarding to Mobogenie then Report us those spamming websites to support@mobogenie . com

Our official website is www . mobogenie . com

Regards

Team Mobogenie

I stopped receiving the download request after I deactivated all personalized ads from my google account ( and deactivated the RootPA.apk on my system

Thank you very much Lucalunardi this information will really help. and as per me i think Deactivating the personalized ads may have done the trick for you. Because its just the ads that are causing this.

Thanks once again Lucalunardi

Regards

Team Mobogenie
    Looks like a great way to promote your app ;) And then: oh sorry it's an accident :D