[Q] Freeze notification for OTA

Search This thread

tluley51

Mar 9, 2011
Rooted non dev VZW Moto X, want to try and freeze the notification to pull the OTA. I froze "updater" in TiBu and I still get it. I also disabled notifications for framework in the apps list and I still get it. Any other suggestions?

JoeSchmoe007

Mar 4, 2011
Rooted non dev VZW Moto X, want to try and freeze the notification to pull the OTA. I froze "updater" in TiBu and I still get it. I also disabled notifications for framework in the apps list and I still get it. Any other suggestions?

I have XT1053 and not Verizon version. I froze MotorolaOTA 1.0 in TiBu and it took care of update notifications for me. My coworker has Verizon DE edition and it worked for him too. Is that the app that you froze?

Reactions: tluley51

NightThyme

Jan 5, 2014
Are there any other apps that can freeze beside TiBu? I don't have the donate version.
I used TiBu so can't help you. It was worth the $6 to me. But you can just download root browser and navigate to /system/priv-app then press and hold 3c_ota.apk and select rename. Rename it 3c_ota.apk.bak. Then when or if you want to take the OTA, just rename it back to 3c_ota.apk.

Also, you can use root browser to delete the OTA file from /cache. Navigate to /cache and find the OTA and then press and hold then select delete.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have XT1053 and not Verizon version. I froze MotorolaOTA 1.0 in TiBu and it took care of update notifications for me. My coworker has Verizon DE edition and it worked for him too. Is that the app that you froze?